MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dflat57 Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm
First off, I hate updating any gear computer based with a passion!!! My MPC X was on some late firmware and I didn't care. Updating always leads to some frustrations. Never fails.

I finally bit the bullet and tried to update my X, now it won't recognize the audio. I've been reinstalling mpc software and drivers for an hour now.

I think I'm the only person that is never excited when new updates are released. My first thoughts are what are they going to mess up now and how long will my equipment be screwed up until I play it again.
By Distraction Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 am
I could resolve this by updating the Microsoft Visual C++ things, every one (2012, 2013-15, etc.). Also, I uninstalled Microsoft Visual Studio.

But I am still not able to connect my MPX as a soundcard in MPC software. It works in other apps, but not in MPC software.

Never had issues with other soundcards. Either this is a recent bug or the asio driver is extremely sensitive.

Although, it works on my laptop, I think this should not be so complicated.
By Distraction Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:33 pm
Oh sorry, got something wrong...I first coukdnt connect to my PC at all. Then after updating, I could get the connection but it is not possible to set the asio driver for the MPCX as my soundcard. Thats strange.

I have two others so thats no drama, controkker works as expected. In and outputs are visible in device-manager. It does work on my laptop.

Very strange.