MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By justineastwick Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:25 pm
I have a MPC Live and added a 1TB HDD, but I’m also planning to get a MPC X and add a HDD to it as well. Was wondering if anybody out there has put more than a 1TB HDD into their MPC Live or MPC X? I saw a 4TB HDD on Amazon and was wondering if it could be done...
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:01 pm
justineastwick wrote:I have a MPC Live and added a 1TB HDD, but I’m also planning to get a MPC X and add a HDD to it as well. Was wondering if anybody out there has put more than a 1TB HDD into their MPC Live or MPC X? I saw a 4TB HDD on Amazon and was wondering if it could be done...

It should be possible. But why use an HDD instead of a SSD? You can get a Samsung 860 Evo 1TB for $140 US. No spinning parts, no noise, less heat. :smoker:

Also check out this post. It may tickle your fancy.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=191159&start=15#p1770695
By Monotremata Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
justineastwick wrote:I have a MPC Live and added a 1TB HDD, but I’m also planning to get a MPC X and add a HDD to it as well. Was wondering if anybody out there has put more than a 1TB HDD into their MPC Live or MPC X? I saw a 4TB HDD on Amazon and was wondering if it could be done...

It should be possible. But why use an HDD instead of a SSD? You can get a Samsung 860 Evo 1TB for $140 US. No spinning parts, no noise, less heat. :smoker:

Also check out this post. It may tickle your fancy.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=191159&start=15#p1770695

You can get an OWC Electra 1TB for cheaper too. I think I paid $80 for the one in my Mac (it was on sale though) back in March or April. Theyre not that much more off sale either, and damn my Mac boots a hell of alot faster than it did with the 1TB WD Black in it. Thats a pretty damn big drive for an MPC to begin with. 4TB would last til like 2030 before I could fill that haha.