MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:45 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Me too am using R11. Probably because we are beta testing...

You're using it for full compositions?
Are you testing it on Window 10 or MAC?
Any news on how it functions on macOS Catalina ?
How does it work with Sequoia 15, SAMPLITUDE PRO X4, Cubase 10?
Which control surfaces are you using with it?
Does the RACK function open as a separate VST in other software without using rewire?
Are you using the final version of R11?
How does it work in conjunctions with the MPC LIVE/X?
Can you post up some music, that you've created, using only R11's native sounds and effects?

Does your NDA prevent you from talking about this?
By Danoc Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:28 pm
I was going to beta test but l have many projects going on.

How does it look so far? Are you testing the Suite version?

I wanna get .my hands on that new instrument "SCENIC". Its said its the Swedish version of Omnisphere 2.6 :shock: Dammmmm It has mad sounds too.
Parsec is coming in the suite, the Re cost $119 but now its free! Glad l didn't buy it.

Come guys stop the non-sense:

By Smackdee Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:56 pm
Danoc wrote:I was going to beta test but l have many projects going on.

How does it look so far? Are you testing the Suite version?

I wanna get .my hands on that new instrument "SCENIC". Its said its the Swedish version of Omnisphere 2.6 :shock: Dammmmm It has mad sounds too.
Parsec is coming in the suite, the Re cost $119 but now its free! Glad l didn't buy it.

Come guys stop the non-sense:

Ableton and FL is probably the two most used daws on the planet, let’s really stop with the non-sense and your quoting a random from 2016, knock it off bro! Like another member here said Reason is playing catch-up, v9.5 just got vst support and that didn’t really help, so v11 lets make the whole thing a vst lol it’s obvious there reaching, trying to get old customers, newcomers and all... I actually think they would do better by selling each effect and synth as it’s own Vst, What can the rack bring me that I don’t have covered already in my daw(Ableton) and vst’s... Now I would buy that Retro coloring and saturation effect, very nice indeed and dead simple to use but that’s it... Reason midi editing and piano roll is stuck in 2008 or something and FL or Ableton will blow the doors off of it in that department and Ableton can do so many things that Reason can’t it’s not even funny...
By EnochLight Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:In your signature is says REASON 11, but it doesn't publicly release until September 25, 2019. I would love to hear the music you're creating in Reason 11 right now.

It's been public beta for a bit - it's pretty sweet. I don't have any current projects published, but I released a single about a year ago that was done in 10:

https://open.spotify.com/album/56CGP2OUHC29wPidFL6Hfq

https://music.apple.com/us/album/stella ... 1370705233

Danoc wrote:Ok l misspelled Celemony Melodyne my bad. Yes its been out but does FL have it? That's what l was talking about and l don't have buy it because its separate.
It comes in Reason and easier to use IMO.

Hold up you got Reason and don't get what lm sating about Refills? Bro you can clone any keyboard midi clone directly from that. This is old news though but FL don't that. The refill format can house original keyboard sounds. Again l have a Triton rack refill no emulation , l have the sounds from the Virus Ti no emulation! And my list goes on. lol

If you're suggesting Reason's Refill format is a superior container to anything offered in FL Studio, then I'd likely agree. But as FL Studio has had VST support for well over a decade, one has already had access to much superior sample libraries from the likes of Kontakt, so... there's that. Synth romplers have been on offer for just as long through Kontakt and other libraries...

Danoc wrote:7.? Why would l open up a DAW inside another DAW? :hmmm: Well be using only the Rack from Reason.
No one went or going crazy over FL beung able to be in another DAW. They are going nuts because of that rack FL don't have that. Main case is the rack!
Peace

But that's not the point, Danoc - you suggested FL Studio couldn't be opened in another DAW. That is a false statement. I'm just putting some wisdom in your ear, is all.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:06 am
Reason had its own lane. Why do you all expect that IT HAD TO HAVE VSTs in order to be successful? So what FL had vsts support, so did PT , Logic, Cubase,S1v4 and the list goes on. Rason would of fell long ago if it was that wack. When it got VSTS the community went crazy, why? Cause people love Reason. But every time Reason get something and people get excited someone comes along "WE ALREADY HAD THAT IN THIS DAW ", so what! People weren't using THAT DAW that already had it.
Reason Studio is letting the Rack be in other DAWs not the entire system there's no need for that.

I never said FL couldn't be opened in another DAW ,l said FL don't do certain things Reason does! I don't care for FL, its nothing special . We know dam well FL don't have a mixer that can compete with Reason's mixer period!

Reason on the other hand... :-D The communities are going nuts over this release. I've never seen people super excited over FL, only excitement it had was when 9th Wonder used it and he has moved on. On a better note this news on Teason is more exciting than anything Akai is doing right now. And l didn't START THIS THREAD! LOL

Question Enoch, do you understand the wisdom how powerful that Rack is? Explain that wisdom to me!

PS Rewire is discontinued! I never liked it or used it.

EnochLight wrote:
But that's not the point, Danoc - you suggested FL Studio couldn't be opened in another DAW. That is a false statement. I'm just putting some wisdom in your ear, is all.
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 am
:nod: I know lm upgrading and going to have fun! :mrgreen:

I can open the Rack up in S1V4 lma love doing that with the new Eq system Reason is putting out etc.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 am
For the most part Reason Studios are tight when it comes to their software. Their beta testing before putting out has a nice turn around. Their pattern is a no need to worry package. If there are glitches they are on it right away. That's why l support this company. Ive had no problems with my vsts and lm loving it. This is what Akai should of done instead of getting us to pay and beta test at the same time. :WTF:

There is nothing on Reason Studios site indicating that the Rack be sold separately. From what l read you buy the whole Reason program. What makes you so interested in the Rack by the way? That would be dope if they just sold the Rack, hmmm.

Im interested in all of it. I wanna use that in S1V4

And l know FL aint f***ing with Reason at all!!! Dam FL users are excited about this and AB users. :Sigh:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Reason 11's VST Rack is the only thing I'm interested in. Just wondering how stable it is, what kind of conflicts it may cause. I wonder if I could just purchase the VST Rack and skip R11 all together. :hmmm:
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 am
Danoc wrote:For the most part Reason Studios are tight when it comes to their software. Their beta testing before putting out has a nice turn around. Their pattern is a no need to worry package. If there are glitches they are on it right away. That's why l support this company. Ive had no problems with my vsts and lm loving it. This is what Akai should of done instead of getting us to pay and beta test at the same time. :WTF:

There is nothing on Reason Studios site indicating that the Rack be sold separately. From what l read you buy the whole Reason program. What makes you so interested in the Rack by the way? That would be dope if they just sold the Rack, hmmm.

Im interested in all of it.

The Rack is an ideal way to build a cross platform chain. Be it effects or instruments. How many instances of R11 Rack can be opened up?
By TT_Lab Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:11 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
TT_Lab wrote:Me too am using R11. Probably because we are beta testing...

1You're using it for full compositions?
2Are you testing it on Window 10 or MAC?
3Any news on how it functions on macOS Catalina ?
4How does it work with Sequoia 15, SAMPLITUDE PRO X4, Cubase 10?
5Which control surfaces are you using with it?
6Does the RACK function open as a separate VST in other software without using rewire?
7Are you using the final version of R11?
8How does it work in conjunctions with the MPC LIVE/X?
9Can you post up some music, that you've created, using only R11's native sounds and effects?

10Does your NDA prevent you from talking about this?

1. No just stressing it out. I still use Reason 10 for doing music
2.Mac
3.Sierra
4.Didn't test the Rack a lot yet.
5.Only Keyboard and Mouse
6.Yes. Just as advertised.
7.No
8.I just don't work that way. If I make beats in the MPC I print stems and mix in Reason.
9.As said, I have no music done in 11. But for the native sounds you can download the 10 demo and try it for yourself. Theres's only 2 completely new devices. So you'll be able to judge for yourself.
10.Not that specifically because you just asked questions that are in here
By TT_Lab Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:For the most part Reason Studios are tight when it comes to their software. Their beta testing before putting out has a nice turn around. Their pattern is a no need to worry package. If there are glitches they are on it right away. That's why l support this company. Ive had no problems with my vsts and lm loving it. This is what Akai should of done instead of getting us to pay and beta test at the same time. :WTF:

Im interested in all of it.

The Rack is an ideal way to build a cross platform chain. Be it effects or instruments. How many instances of R11 Rack can be opened up?

It is difficult to asses that right now, because beta is right now slower than final betas will be and depends on cpu etc...
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:20 am
Yes sir! I like your idea.
You can open up as many instances your computer can take.

Just like Reason is the only program that can open multiple SESSIONS INSTANCES. I've opened 20 just to test it and no hiccups at all.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:19 am
What lm so interested in Charles is these things:
1. Of course the Reason Rack Plugin :lol: :nod: Its a beast.
2. These, so l can start mixing in S1V4. The Master Bus Compressor OMG!

Quartet Chorus Ensemble

Spice up your sound with four flavors of chorus and ensemble effects. From classic vintage chorus to the unique sound of granular ensemble.

Sweeper Modulation EffectImage

Channel Dynamics

Channel EQ

The legendary modeled EQ unit featured in countless platinum recordings is now its own rack device.

Monotone Bass Synthesizer
Tailor-made for deep basslines, Monotone is exactly what you need to add that rumble and punch to your low end

Rytmik Drum Machine
Modern and sleek drum sounds in no time – Rytmik is where beatmaking starts.
Image l can't wait to get my hands on that. But l will use that in Reason 11. Being l will use the Redrum in S1v4 my drums will hit on point without me highlighting and hitting quantuze. Its a beautiful day'! :-)

Scenic, I was told they were comin with a new instrument. I can't wait! I'd rather get the suite than to buy separately.

" New instrument: Scenic Hybrid Instrument is a cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds and powerful performance controls. Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25."

Curved automation for smooth control.

Audio clips crossfade, ITS ABOUT TIME! LOL

Now All we need is markers and we will be good to go.

l wanna use that Complex-1, Similar to the Bulcha.
By Danoc Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:53 am
Hell naw!
_____
"By the numbers
Reason doesn't just come with great devices capable of creating any sound you can imagine. It also comes stocked full with thousands of patches, presets, and loops to get you inspired.

Over 5,000 instrument patches, 1,000+ mixing/mastering effects, and over 3,000 loops. It's enough to satisfy even the most eclectic tastes. For those who like to keep score at home, here's a breakdown of the Reason sound bank content:"
_______
Reason sound bank

486 Drum & percussion patches
307 Bass patches
290 Leads patches
169 Plucks & Mallets patches
292 Pads patches
540 Keys & chords patches
88 Textures patches
68 Arpeggiated patches
86 Sequences patches
267 Fx patches