MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 am
Eyalc wrote:I’ll get the suite I’m sure. If figure I might as well get the full capabilities.

That's right. That's what l did. To much goodness in that to just go R11 standard. Hell l might as well stay at R10.1
By CharlesRandolph Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:44 am
Reason for the Serious Producers. It looks like Reason is for the Children! :lol:

Picture 1: Reason 11 Suite v2 (They Beta testing it now.)
Picture 2: Reason Keyboard Work Station (Best Keybed ever)
Picture 3: Reason Standalone Drum Machine. (Clone of the Roland Aria Series + 15 hours of sample time.)

By Danoc Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:52 pm
Ok, its official something is clearly wrong with you Charles lol :lol: lm sending the wagon for your a**! :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Reason for the Serious Producers. It looks like Reason is for the Children! :lol:

Picture 1: Reason 11 Suite v2 (They Beta testing it now.)
Picture 2: Reason Keyboard Work Station (Best Keybed ever)
Picture 3: Reason Standalone Drum Machine. (Clone of the Roland Aria Series + 15 hours of sample time.)

By EnochLight Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:29 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:That's dope as ****.. still holding out lol

Yeah it is, actually. Reminds me of a modern take on the old Ensoniq workstation approach back in the day. The old VFX, EPS, ASR etc series sequencer worked similarly.

Don't hold out - just go for it! :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 am
A partner of mine turned me on to: Blue Cat's PatchWork. Reason Rack is no longer needed.
Price: $99
Link: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.

It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Use the built-in audio effects to add color to your own plug-in chains.

Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.

For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, audio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.

Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat's PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.

This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application, so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 16 audio channels.

Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and aux channels.

If you are looking for a multiband plug-ins host for multiband processing, check out the Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Also, any Blue Cat Audio plug-in is compatible and can be hosted by this software.

By Danoc Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:54 pm
Have fun with that. I'll stick with Reason 11 and the Rack, ain't nothing really touching that. Cables in Reason is not a problem you can assign them by mouse or assignment without the mouse.

CharlesRandolph wrote:A partner of mine turned me on to: Blue Cat's PatchWork. Reason Rack is no longer needed.
Price: $99
Link: https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.

It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Use the built-in audio effects to add color to your own plug-in chains.

Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.

For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, audio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.

Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat's PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.

This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application, so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 16 audio channels.

Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and aux channels.

If you are looking for a multiband plug-ins host for multiband processing, check out the Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Also, any Blue Cat Audio plug-in is compatible and can be hosted by this software.

By Danoc Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 pm
Ok, here we go. So I got the chance to use the Rack in S1V4.5 and I gotta tell ya, I'M LOVING IT!!! The devices look very clean and organized and work very well. It's not fancy but looks well. For ME this purchase was well worth it. did a lil track in S1, used some of the devices and the sound, sounded amazingly good. No glitches, everything is tight, S1 gotta get their sequencer tight like Reason's sequencer. What I love though in Reason Standalone is now where you see "Bar" the pull down window in that goes all the way to "128" instead of the regular "64", I am feeling that. they need to do that for the Quantizer section cause its still at 64.
All in all, this is a dope upgrade. Reason Studios must of heard me cause now they include the "patch collection" , instead of me having to get it, put it on a usb and then put it on my offline computer.

Now what I don't like is my Re's are only on my lap top and they are not on my Offline computer. When I sync all what comes with it Reason Studios need to make it available for Re's to work on offline computers. I don't want to have to open up my laptop then attach my 76 midi key board just to use Scenic and the rest. That's wack. Ima have to get at Reason Studios again about that.

By Danoc Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pm
So just now, I mean just now, I just upgraded to Hydronexius 2, one was just ok, but this dam V.2 is off the dam chain! Oooooooooooohhhhhhh WEeeee! $9.00 You can't beat that for over 4GB of sounds. It just keeps getting better and better.

:-D :smoker:

By kaydigi Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Danoc wrote:So just now, I mean just now, I just upgraded to Hydronexius 2, one was just ok, but this dam V.2 is off the dam chain! Oooooooooooohhhhhhh WEeeee! $9.00 You can't beat that for over 4GB of sounds. It just keeps getting better and better.

:-D :smoker:

Man I told you to get it 3 months ago
By outsida.2 Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:55 pm
I have a MPC Live and I started out making tracks in Reason way back in the day so I was pretty excited to see the rack version of Reason included in the latest update. I already had Bluecats Patchwork for other work arounds needed for the MPC software. So far so good in using the Reason Rack in the MPC software. I love being able to load up all of my old Reason sounds on my MPC as I prefer the sequencer and pads for drum programming. The only slight issue I have so far is I get the image glitch like in Big Vics video.... but only when I open the browser to look for refills and sounds. Its like it can only display a certain width of the plugin.
By Dmcghee Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:04 pm
outsida.2 wrote:I have a MPC Live and I started out making tracks in Reason way back in the day so I was pretty excited to see the rack version of Reason included in the latest update. I already had Bluecats Patchwork for other work arounds needed for the MPC software. So far so good in using the Reason Rack in the MPC software. I love being able to load up all of my old Reason sounds on my MPC as I prefer the sequencer and pads for drum programming. The only slight issue I have so far is I get the image glitch like in Big Vics video.... but only when I open the browser to look for refills and sounds. Its like it can only display a certain width of the plugin.

I haven’t tried the Bluecats Patchwork yet, I am looking forward to using the Reason Rack with the MPC X. I love creating songs in the MPC X and mixing in Reason, it might sound like a lot of work. It’s the unmatched groove and feel of the MPC X that make the outcome so much worth it. Plus the workflow I can’t get away from using hardware synths and plugins together make one happy musical family.