MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm
Even today, probably the best hardware controller you can buy for Reason is the Nektar Panorama P-Series. Nothing else touches its integration and control right out of the box.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Danoc wrote:No problem.

I don't do a lot of mouse clicking being l have a setup of hot keys on my typing keyboard and my X1 Touch single fader controller. I move fast and precise abd l am so comfy and happy with my setup.

Would be nice to see the Solid State Logic AWS 948 work as the control surface for the Reason Rack.

By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:17 pm
EnochLight wrote:Even today, probably the best hardware controller you can buy for Reason is the Nektar Panorama P-Series. Nothing else touches its integration and control right out of the box.

I owned the P6 for a few years the lcd screen was small and yes intergration was nice just was a bulky controller.. sold well on ebay lol
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:22 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:I owned the P6 for a few years the lcd screen was small and yes intergration was nice just was a bulky controller.. sold well on ebay lol

The Panorama P1 is better concept, it's only 299.99 and the Panorama P4 is 499.99. It's like they just said hey, We have these cheap MIDI keyboards let throw it in for $200. :lol: I say buy a P1 and SL88 or a P1 and Kawai VPC1.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:That's right the X1 TOUCH One.

Yes sir. The thing about Reason it does accept a lot of controllers. If Frontier would of made an Alphatrack MKll l would of bought it. It rocks the entire mixer.

I use the knobs on my LPD8 to record automation , really dope.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:31 pm
Danoc wrote:If Frontier would of made an Alphatrack MKll l would of bought it. It rocks the entire mixer.

Wow, that brings back memories. I still have my Frontier Design Group TranzPort. Despite several OS upgrades and different machine builds later, it still works fine with Reason. I don't think they've released an updated driver in over a decade.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm
kaydigi wrote:X Touch one looks nice.

I did a video on it, in the dark on purpose so don't trip, letting you see it light up and how it works. I love that thing!

By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:33 pm
I was talking to Terry Lewis when he bought 3 of those at one time! we were going over the specs of it. It's really nice if you want SSL power but want it in a compact desk. I love the SSL9000 J/K desk. It fits me well, I don't like the SSL 4000 desk with the old meter levels :vomit:
But that SSL AWS wouldn't fit the specs of Reason Rack, it's just a Rack, not the entire mixer. Now if we are talking the SSL mixer inside of Reason yeah, but they would have to scale it down a lot, that AWS is to much and to powerful and expensive. As we know the history of Reason Studios their intentions was never to use VSTs in the first place. But if they wanted that extra cash they could build a complete Controller that rocks the sequencer, rack and SSL9000k. The SSL Matrix could hurt something too!

I remember I couldn't stand Neve boards, :vomit: :vomit: Whenever someone said "We'll be using a Neve..." Man I hated that crap. But I have come to like it now. The new joints, and they can control the DAW :shock: :mrgreen: That's hot! Genesys and Genesys Black <------------Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Weeeeeeee! Beautiful board.

I'm doing this right now. I'm going to later on get the New Fantom that will be my only out board gear with the Live. I have to have it, it's what I always wanted, the setup is perfect.

I am getting all the Air instruments for my offline computer as we speak, the ones I like.
1. Loom II
2. Mini Grand
3. Velvet (Beast)
4. Riser
5. Xpand 2
6. Hybrid 3 (I freakin love the sounds in this beast.)
And they are to cheap to pass up, all like $19, that's bananas!

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Would be nice to see the Solid State Logic AWS 948 work as the control surface for the Reason Rack.

By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:01 pm
Danoc wrote:I was talking to Terry Lewis when he bought 3 of those at one time! we were going over the specs of it. It's really nice if you want SSL power but want it in a compact desk. I love the SSL9000 J/K desk. It fits me well, I don't like the SSL 4000 desk with the old meter levels :vomit:
But that SSL AWS wouldn't fit the specs of Reason Rack, it's just a Rack, not the entire mixer. Now if we are talking the SSL mixer inside of Reason yeah, but they would have to scale it down a lot, that AWS is to much and to powerful and expensive. As we know the history of Reason Studios their intentions was never to use VSTs in the first place. But if they wanted that extra cash they could build a complete Controller that rocks the sequencer, rack and SSL9000k. The SSL Matrix could hurt something too!

I remember I couldn't stand Neve boards, :vomit: :vomit: Whenever someone said "We'll be using a Neve..." Man I hated that ****. But I have come to like it now. The new joints, and they can control the DAW :shock: :mrgreen: That's hot! Genesys and Genesys Black <------------Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Weeeeeeee! Beautiful board.

I'm doing this right now. I'm going to later on get the New Fantom that will be my only out board gear with the Live. I have to have it, it's what I always wanted, the setup is perfect.

I am getting all the Air instruments for my offline computer as we speak, the ones I like.
1. Loom II
2. Mini Grand
3. Velvet (Beast)
4. Riser
5. Xpand 2
6. Hybrid 3 (I freakin love the sounds in this beast.)
And they are to cheap to pass up, all like $19, that's bananas!

The Genesys Black G32 and SSL AWS 948 are neck and neck. Been going back and forth. Going to make a decision soon. Been thinking about 16 of the XLogic Alpha Channel as well.
By Danoc Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:46 am
Have you heard them on some serious studio monitors? If so which console has the best punch and warmth?

CharlesRandolph wrote:
The Genesys Black G32 and SSL AWS 948 are neck and neck. Been going back and forth. Going to make a decision soon. Been thinking about 16 of the XLogic Alpha Channel as well.
By Eyalc Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:10 am
Danoc wrote:Have you heard them on some serious studio monitors? If so which console has the best punch and warmth?

CharlesRandolph wrote:

Both of those boards are probably going to sound awesome on some Genelecs. The SSL AWS is the board in my dream studio. Along with a suite of Genelecs. Lol. Oh, and give me one of those new Mac pros just for the hell of it too. Lol
By Danoc Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:30 am
OMG :shock: the New Mac Pro is bananas. To get a full blown joint can go from $35, 000 on up. Did the math. The reason l wouldn't get it is its to contained by Apple and just any body can't work on it. Buts a beast.

Im more of an Adam monitor man and far field give me some AUGSPURGER monitors with Sub18 SXE3, Then we poppin lol

Eyalc wrote:Both of those boards are probably going to sound awesome on some Genelecs. The SSL AWS is the board in my dream studio. Along with a suite of Genelecs. Lol. Oh, and give me one of those new Mac pros just for the hell of it too. Lol
Last edited by Danoc on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 am
Danoc wrote:Have you heard them on some serious studio monitors? If so which console has the best punch and warmth?

Yes, been testing them on all kind of monitors. They both a nice punch and low noise floor. With live drums I like the Neve . However for my work flow, I'm leaning toward the SSL.
By Danoc Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:50 am
^^^^Yes the Neve sound great on live drums. Producing through Reason to thise oooooggggmmm !
That's why l went ITB to have no noise floor. Fought tooth and nail lol