MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:It wouldn't make sense to be a host for other vst's in a daw when you can open them up in a daw on its own

It makes sense if you want to have all your plug in, inside the rack. Less on the screen, without having to window to each plug in. That's one of the reason they made the rack that way.
By Cockdiesel Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:31 pm
The little bit I messed with the VIP software, I thought it was cool loading up different plugins into one place. Was cool I could stack 4 vsts+ effects without having to open a daw.
Sad the vip software showed some real promise but now seems abandoned.
By Fre$hBreath Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:05 am
Certified Beatz wrote:It wouldn't make sense to be a host for other vst's in a daw when you can open them up in a daw on its own

It makes a lot of sense especially when you can use Reason Rack like a semi modular synthesizer or create custom effects chains....
By Certified Beatz Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:37 am
Cockdiesel wrote:The little bit I messed with the VIP software, I thought it was cool loading up different plugins into one place. Was cool I could stack 4 vsts+ effects without having to open a daw.

They dropped the ball on this software so much promise...
By Certified Beatz Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:40 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:

It makes a lot of sense especially when you can use Reason Rack like a semi modular synthesizer or create custom effects chains....

That is alot of work with 3rd party software to code it is.. from what I see this is what they should have done Year's ago with rewire.. instead they remove rewire and for you to pay for the replacement with a few new sounds and efx just doesn't move my credit card from my wallet for myself this is a free update not a paid for removing a feature to gain anew one without midi out
By Danoc Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 am
I dont know how Reason Studios will do that but we'll see.
The attention span of people is smaller than a flea.
By kaydigi Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:49 am
Cockdiesel wrote:The little bit I messed with the VIP software, I thought it was cool loading up different plugins into one place. Was cool I could stack 4 vsts+ effects without having to open a daw.

Man, I’m about to buy VIP 3.1. I think that’s the only way to see and scroll 3rd party presets on the mpc software.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:56 am

Maybe they will integrate it with the MPC Software. The main thing I like about R11 is the rack, everything else is pretty typical. All they need to do is release a standalone/plug version of Reason Rack, that will load 3rd party plug in and virtual instruments. I would window the RACK to a vertical monitor and call it day.
By Cockdiesel Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:38 am
Charles that’s what the vip software does. It’s like a standalone vst you can open up other vsts in. It’s not all flashy like most software but very powerful. Even the macros for each of the four plugins were assigned to the keyboard knobs as you could scroll through them and see the parameters on the small screen.
That’s why I stay stuck on it and akai moving in the keyboard direction. The advance series was dope but I don’t use software so I just bought a keystep.
By Danoc Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:45 am
Well om glad lm a Reason user. I can open VSTIs in the rack with other things attached. Its really dope.
By Danoc Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:46 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Kaydigi I would do some research first. I would be of very little help for this but you may be buying something that won’t work like you think.

Exactly!
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Charles that’s what the vip software does. It’s like a standalone vst you can open up other vsts in. It’s not all flashy like most software but very powerful. Even the macros for each of the four plugins were assigned to the keyboard knobs as you could scroll through them and see the parameters on the small screen.
That’s why I stay stuck on it and akai moving in the keyboard direction. The advance series was dope but I don’t use software so I just bought a keystep.

What about the visual representations for the plug in GUI, when using VIP. I use yellowtools which loads vst/vsti. However the GUI is pretty dated.