MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:12 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Hey what sup Danoc.. I read that also saw it was from 2 years ago hoped something changed..

I can't find whete it changed. No wonder a lot of my VSTi don't work in Akais software.
By Danoc Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:48 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Gonna wait something doesn't sound right with all these releases I want to upgrade to the right version.. first I want to see a full review on the rack in a daw ..
BWell lma get it. Think its free for me cause l have Reason. But l understand. I have seen a lot of people going back to Reason cause of the vst rack.
By Cockdiesel Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:21 am
aigt. yall flipping out over this. I notice especially everyone freeking out on the ssl board emulation. I am interested because I use my comp to mix and was debating a console 1. I wouldn't use much of the other stuff on reason but they seem to be in the same price range. I was wondering how much you would pay for a dedicated hardware controller for the board like the console 1 is and if there might be reasons for me to try out reason. although I am 80 percent standalone.
Just want thoughts on the emulation and what else I might find helpful with reason. also keep in mind I am using this to mix and my mixdown is going through a ssl board the syxx. not what these are emulated on but still. i am thinking console one to really help with my mixing vs experimenting with my own channel strips with ableton.
By Dmcghee Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:10 am
Frisbi wrote:I am still waiting for Propellerhead going hardware.
Any news about that?

You won’t have to wait that long. When the Reason Rack is Release the MPC X/Live will be the hardware. Of course in Controller Mode. I get what you mean it would be dope if the Reason VST3/AU Rack could be hardware with midi and usb with 16 outputs, and a touch screen plus WiFi to download Rack Extensions. Reason Rack on an iPad could be cool.
By Danoc Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:44 pm
CD, l use nothing but the SSL 9000k emulation in Reason. You get 8 sends on one channel, EQ etc! Plus the Compressor bus to makeup gain etc. It works perfectly. With me l wouldn't spend money on Console 1, its dope but l don't need it. To get good at mixing you have to understand the stereo field , gain stanging (really important when mixing,) understanding effects and how they give your sound a pro sound etc. Reason's SSL comes free with the Reason.

Now l can use this in Studio One 4.5 and use the SSL in it. I have just done a track in the SSL and its not mixed and it sounds good, when l mix it its going to be crazy. Trust me you can learn how to mix on that. Holla at me

Cockdiesel wrote:aigt. yall flipping out over this. I notice especially everyone freeking out on the ssl board emulation. I am interested because I use my comp to mix and was debating a console 1. I wouldn't use much of the other stuff on reason but they seem to be in the same price range. I was wondering how much you would pay for a dedicated hardware controller for the board like the console 1 is and if there might be reasons for me to try out reason. although I am 80 percent standalone.
Just want thoughts on the emulation and what else I might find helpful with reason. also keep in mind I am using this to mix and my mixdown is going through a ssl board the syxx. not what these are emulated on but still. i am thinking console one to really help with my mixing vs experimenting with my own channel strips with ableton.
By Certified Beatz Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:44 pm
Danoc wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:Gonna wait something doesn't sound right with all these releases I want to upgrade to the right version.. first I want to see a full review on the rack in a daw ..
BWell lma get it. Think its free for me cause l have Reason. But l understand. I have seen a lot of people going back to Reason cause of the vst rack.

I have reason also we upgraded around the same time to 10.. it says $129 for 11..
By Danoc Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:32 am
Well here's the FAQS on it.

"You can upgrade from any previous version of Reason to Reason 11 for $129 / €129 or to Reason 11 Suite for $249 / €249. Please note that there's no grace period or pre-order for Reason Suite."

"Introducing Reason Suite

Reason 11 comes in three flavors: Reason Intro ($99), Reason ($399) and Reason Suite ($599). If you want it all, the brand new Reason Suite is a formidable collection of instruments, effects and other music making tools–more than 70 devices in total! It’s all of Reason’s instrument and effects and 16 extra Rack Extension plugins from Reason Studios in one unbelievable package at an unbeatable price."

WTF IN THE HELL IS THAT below? :WTF: :shock:

"Scenic Hybrid Instrument
New instrument: Scenic Hybrid Instrument is a cinematic dream machine of atmospheric sounds and powerful performance controls. Scenic is included in Reason Suite and will also be sold separately on its release on September 25."

Which one are you getting CB? Reg upgrade or the suite? I already have $249 put aside for the suite.

Reason Studios got some ish coming. More than 70 devices and 16 extensions? OMG! :shock: Its off the chain! Dammit lm excited again. lol

Certified Beatz wrote:
I have reason also we upgraded around the same time to 10.. it says $129 for 11..
Last edited by Danoc on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Idk man.. got wait.. lol

Yo Reason Studio is about to murder the game. Wait till 2020 drop! This is why l said Akai ain't making a standalone. Akai is so far behind it makes no sense
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:31 am
I heard that CB. I"ve moved on in the other direction. I can put out more work on the computer with more power. Im standalone also l work ITB with no outside synths nor effects etc. Being standalone with the
MPC live does nothing for me.

The way l see it things keep getting better with DAWs than with Akai. I supported Reason since version 3 cause l knew this day was coming.
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:59 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:To be honest u open my mind up to appreciate Reason ..lol :Sigh:

Hahahaha LMAO lol OMG LOL I don't even know what to say. LOL I am glad you are considering it. cause man, what I just seen, Whewwwwwwwwww! It's going to be poppin in a minute. Can't beat PDC with Reason. We can turn it off and on, when in the hell will Akai put in PDC? :WTF: :Sigh: :hmmm:

I said it before I ain't waiting on Akai for nothing. I use the live as an instrument and keeps it moving.