MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 pm
1. Yes sir l do all my mixing in Reason on the dedicated SSL9000k. From the various techniques , gain staging, bussing, automation etc.

2. No sir no need to trackout. I bounce out. Hypothetically if l had 80 tracks l bounce out to stems.

3. Yes Sir! Most definitely l compose in Reason. I feel so comfy in that environment and with the addition of editing tools coming in R11 l am really excited. :)

I master in S1v4 cause it has the Pro setup to correctly master. I for one don't like the mastering suite in Reason. I hope it gets lmproved

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Are you mixing, tracking, and composing in Reason?
By kaydigi Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:38 pm
Danoc wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Still waiting on sound samples for Scenic Hybrid Instrument.

:shock: OMG l can't wait to get my hands on that. A vid should come soon.

Kay are you getting the suite or just the regular Reason update?

I already purchased the 11 update, just waiting on the update from 11 to 11 suite pricing. Quad note generator,
Poly Step Sequencer, Drum Sequencer, Parsec are going to keep me busy.

i've spent the last 3 weeks just using reason only had a crazy session with the nurse nano rex today. Even though it's not necessary, next purchase I make is probably Recycle. I find it easier to chop samples in recycle, the Reason sequencer is too awkward to chop for me.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:12 am
Don't you mean you bought the update R10 and just waiting on the update from 11 to 11 suite pricing?

These are the freakin hardest waiting days of my life!!!

I wanna get my hands on that Drum Sequencer so l can make precise drum on the grid :-D lf the Reason rack have "COPY PATTERN TO TRACK" its over!!!

Man l haven't messed with the Rex player or recycle for years.

Yo Kay in R11 zooming will be larger than before. Plus if you click on the audio it will show you all the sensitive hits lf a not is of grid l can put it on grid there. I love that. Plus Reason has the dopest time stretch so if you edit that sound so you can do what you want with your chops.

kaydigi wrote:
I already purchased the 11 update, just waiting on the update from 11 to 11 suite pricing. Quad note generator,
Poly Step Sequencer, Drum Sequencer, Parsec are going to keep me busy.

i've spent the last 3 weeks just using reason only had a crazy session with the nurse nano rex today. Even though it's not necessary, next purchase I make is probably Recycle. I find it easier to chop samples in recycle, the Reason sequencer is too awkward to chop for me.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 am
Danoc wrote:Don't you mean you bought the update R10 and just waiting on the update from 11 to 11 suite pricing?

I wanna get my hands on that Drum Sequencer so l can make precise drum on the grid :-D lf the Reason rack have "COPY PATTERN TO TRACK" its over!!!

Yo Kay in R11 zooming will be larger than before. Plus if you click on the audio it will show you all the sensitive hits lf a not is of grid l can put it on grid there. I love that. Plus Reason has the dopest time stretch so if you edit that sound so you can do what you want with your chops.

I have to say Danoc - you're likely the biggest Reason fan outside of Reasontalk aside from me. It's so weird to see a Reason-thread dominate the MPC Live forums. :lol:
By kaydigi Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:59 am
Danoc wrote:Don't you mean you bought the update R10 and just waiting on the update from 11 to 11 suite pricing?

Yeah i bought the R10 upgrade, i never had 10 I was using 9 this whole time. So we'll see the pricing about to the R11 suite upgrade.

The new zoom looks incredible in Reason 11. I looks like using the MPC software using the MPC studio. There's a button on the Studio to make the sample edit wave form full screen, looks dope. I don't think the live/touch has that function in controller mode.
By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:24 am
Locked and loaded but I am feeling a huge let down with this release.. not seeing this is going to turn the corner on reason at all nothing is showing it at all would most likely wait a few weeks after .. when tutorial are released nothing ground breaking at all the reason rack ok um maybe now ii hated rewire and now it's gone but how will it really react in cubase .mpc software nothing mention on next update going to vst3 so if mpc software doesn't work well in cubase should I dumb down and use the mpc as my 3000 or 2000 in standalone smh!
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:20 am
Danoc wrote:I master in S1v4 cause it has the Pro setup to correctly master. I for one don't like the mastering suite in Reason. I hope it gets lmproved

How many MIDI learn features have you mapped to the MPC LIVE? I still find it strange that REASON doesn't have a dedicated control surface.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 am
Yeah lm feeling the zoom. I did point out to them we need to zoom deeply like that of Audacity. I love Audacity's zoom. S1V4 had crappy Nitendo zoom lol :lol: They fixed theirs too. Now all they gotta do for reason is give it some markers that will make a lot people happy.

I know you're suppose to get R11 free, then upgrade to R11. Being l have R10 already l have to pay $249.99 for R11 Suiet upgrade.
You might pay less for your R11 Suite upgrade but l have no proof of that and didn't see a link that says that.

How much was your upgrade to R10? $129?

kaydigi wrote:
Yeah i bought the R10 upgrade, i never had 10 I was using 9 this whole time. So we'll see the pricing about to the R11 suite upgrade.

The new zoom looks incredible in Reason 11. I looks like using the MPC software using the MPC studio. There's a button on the Studio to make the sample edit wave form full screen, looks dope. I don't think the live/touch has that function in controller mode.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:17 am
If you're using Cubase 9.5 and up you're good to go with the reason Rack. Far as the MPC software it doesn't have VST3.

If you're using the MPC software in Cubase ,it might work? I wouldn't know. If you're in the MPC software on its own the Reason Reack definitely won't work.

IMO this is the best release from Reason Studios. Especially the Suite version. If its the regular version ok but that Suite is off the chain. I see more people going after that suite than anything.

A new instrument called Scenic, 70 devices, 16 Re included, SSL mixer plus the main bus compressor etc, should have your mouth watering lol :lol:

Certified Beatz wrote:Locked and loaded but I am feeling a huge let down with this release.. not seeing this is going to turn the corner on reason at all nothing is showing it at all would most likely wait a few weeks after .. when tutorial are released nothing ground breaking at all the reason rack ok um maybe now ii hated rewire and now it's gone but how will it really react in cubase .mpc software nothing mention on next update going to vst3 so if mpc software doesn't work well in cubase should I dumb down and use the mpc as my 3000 or 2000 in standalone smh!
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:21 am
Midi mapped features to the live? None, remember l use it in standalone only.

The resson why Reasoon Stu didn't put a dedicated controller probably to concentrate on the software.

There are plenty of controllers out there.

"This is a very budget friendly and powerful MIDI keyboard controller. First of all, we chose a 49-key model because it’s the most popular key count within the MIDI keyboard realm. If you’re interested in a different count, it also available in a 25-key with the Launchkey Mini or the 61-key with the Launchkey 61. They go either up or down in price in increments of $50, so it’s up to you if you want save some money or go a bit higher. Your preference."

Good read here.

https://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-m ... for-reason

CharlesRandolph wrote:
How many MIDI learn features have you mapped to the MPC LIVE? I still find it strange that REASON doesn't have a dedicated control surface.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:03 am
Danoc wrote:Midi mapped features to the live? None, remember l use it in standalone only.

The resson why Reasoon Stu didn't put a dedicated controller probably to concentrate on the software.

There are plenty of controllers out there.

"This is a very budget friendly and powerful MIDI keyboard controller. First of all, we chose a 49-key model because it’s the most popular key count within the MIDI keyboard realm. If you’re interested in a different count, it also available in a 25-key with the Launchkey Mini or the 61-key with the Launchkey 61. They go either up or down in price in increments of $50, so it’s up to you if you want save some money or go a bit higher. Your preference."

Good read here.

https://www.wirerealm.com/guides/best-m ... for-reason

Yes, it just seems a dedicated controller is the way to go, especially with how much Reason can do. All that mouse clickin is for the birds. :lol: Thanks for the link.
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:58 am
No problem.

I don't do a lot of mouse clicking being l have a setup of hot keys on my typing keyboard and my X1 Touch single fader controller. I move fast and precise abd l am so comfy and happy with my setup.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am
Danoc wrote:No problem.

I don't do a lot of mouse clicking being l have a setup of hot keys on my typing keyboard and my X1 Touch single fader controller. I move fast and precise abd l am so comfy and happy with my setup.

That's right the X1 TOUCH One.