MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:20 am
Yes sir. I use to do 2 screens. I could now but l don't feel like buying monitor stands.

See that's why l love the Reason lay out. I don't see popups on my mixer, its not cluttered. Some guy said Reason was cluttered, l was :hmmm: confused asf!

CharlesRandolph wrote:
I've been using 2 and 3 monitors for years. All these Software DAWs, pack their UI with too much information.
By SupremeSoulstice Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:11 am
Certified Beatz wrote:
Neva fam! No complaints with the hardware love it. They just got to appreciate DAW's that been in the game longer and play with them.. over my old ass body hahah!

I feel you but thought I’d throw it out there. Experienced cats can make heat with whatever despite limitations. I think sometimes we easily forget that. Nothing is perfect, we make do with what we got.
By Dmcghee Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 am
SupremeSoulstice wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:I'm sold if they make it work with cubase because vst3 is not supported in MPC software..

Lemme cop that X from you. :-D

We can use AU version of the Reason Rack with MPC Software when it is released.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:55 pm
Truly, what is the point of using the MPC Software, if a person has Reason 11. The MPC LIve but mainly the X would simply become a controller for the Reason 11 software. Has anyone created a Reason midi template with deep MPC X or LIve integrations?
By Certified Beatz Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Truly, what is the point of using the MPC Software, if a person has Reason 11. The MPC LIve but mainly the X would simply become a controller for the Reason 11 software. Has anyone created a Reason midi template with deep MPC X or LIve integrations?

I have not seen one that work well I would love to see full template for the MPC X
By Danoc Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:56 pm
BINGO!!!

This what l been sayung all along. Actually l don't need the Live period! The sequencer is tight now in Reason. I cang bang out drums on the LPD8 pads or on my 76 Roland A-30 midi keyboard.

I don't use the Akai software. Its not up to par, aga8n l can't open up my VSTi's in it. Only one that comes up is Analog 3, the rest is the Aor instruments.

Midi template for the X or Live? You can't even use these machines with Reason, Why bother.
Like l said lm leaving Akai alone they are to far behind.l wouldn't waste my time.

Hell, lm about to get all the Air instruments to put on my offline computer. I already have Hybrid 3 and Xpand2 on it. Hybrid 3 is $14 !!!
These would go good in the Reason Reason rack or Reason period. Im getting Velvet and Mini Grand for $19 tomorrow.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Truly, what is the point of using the MPC Software, if a person has Reason 11. The MPC LIve but mainly the X would simply become a controller for the Reason 11 software. Has anyone created a Reason midi template with deep MPC X or LIve integrations?
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:35 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:I have not seen one that work well I would love to see full template for the MPC X

Danoc wrote:BINGO!!!

This what l been sayung all along. Actually l don't need the Live period! The sequencer is tight now in Reason. I cang bang out drums on the LPD8 pads or on my 76 Roland A-30 midi keyboard.

I don't use the Akai software. Its not up to par, aga8n l can't open up my VSTi's in it. Only one that comes up is Analog 3, the rest is the Aor instruments.

Midi template for the X or Live? You can't even use these machines with Reason, Why bother.
Like l said lm leaving Akai alone they are to far behind.l wouldn't waste my time.

Hell, lm about to get all the Air instruments to put on my offline computer. I already have Hybrid 3 and Xpand2 on it. Hybrid 3 is $14 !!!

Have you guys tired this?
https://www.akaipro.com/kb/mpc-live-and-mpc-x-complete-setup-and-routing-in-reason-10/
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:44 pm
Danoc wrote:Remember Akai doesn't support Win 7. My lappy is Win 10 and can open the software in Reason. Im talking 3rd party plugins won't open in Akais software.

Are you using Reason as the main DAW as well as using your MPC X or Live as controller in Reason? If so, how many functions did you get to work? How limited is?
By Danoc Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:44 am
Im using Reason as my main DAW. I don't use the Live as a controller. I make drums on the live, export them out and put them into Reason some times.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Are you using Reason as the main DAW as well as using your MPC X or Live as controller in Reason? If so, how many functions did you get to work? How limited is?
By Danoc Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:51 am
I got the Hydronexius also. Barely use it cause its not on my main computer. For some reason, Props didn't make it so Re are supported on offline computers. So lm reluctant to buying Re.

I focus on dope 3rd party refills and l got some dope joints.

kaydigi wrote:Picked up these two Rack Extensions