MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 am
Reason even has PDC :lol: Dam shame Akai didn't get that.
kaydigi wrote:Akai is slow with the updates, been waiting on disc streaming since the Live was leaked years ago. I wish the had smaller quality of life updates.
By Danoc Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:05 am
Dmcghee wrote:Let’s hope Akai give us what we need in a DAW and in stand alone. I love the workflow on the X it just needs to be complete.

Well for ME lm not putting my hope in Akai anymore. I have basically moved on. I have my DAWs already ancd lm very happy. :|
My live serves its purpose as a standalone. Akai lost when they had the steam ! Then let the steam leave. My setup doesn't evolve around the live.
By Danoc Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:28 pm
I swear Reason Studios must have improved their sequencer, I kid you not, I did my drums using my LPD8 and they just fell in place like they should. R10 was good too but this sequencer is freakin tight like the MPC. Dammmmmmmm Yo, I am having fun with this joint. Drum Sequencer is something like FL where you can click in your sounds, its fun. It looks better than FL though. That thing is a beast, I will tell ya how tight it is in Studio One, cause I will use it there, the sequencer is not tight there. But that Drum sequencer will put everything on the grid.
By EnochLight Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm
Danoc wrote:I swear Reason Studios must have improved their sequencer, I kid you not, I did my drums using my LPD8 and they just fell in place like they should. R10 was good too but this sequencer is freakin tight like the MPC. Dammmmmmmm Yo, I am having fun with this joint. Drum Sequencer is something like FL where you can click in your sounds, its fun. It looks better than FL though. That thing is a beast, I will tell ya how tight it is in Studio One, cause I will use it there, the sequencer is not tight there. But that Drum sequencer will put everything on the grid.

I've been using Reason's Rack in Studio One. It's pretty tight - works like a charm.
By Dmcghee Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Has anyone tried using the MPC Software as a plug-in inside of Reason Studios 11? I am going to try this later this evening to see if anything has changed in the way the MPC Software reacts in Reason.
By Dmcghee Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 am
kaydigi wrote:
Dmcghee wrote:Has anyone tried using the MPC Software as a plug-in inside of Reason Studios 11? I am going to try this later this evening to see if anything has changed in the way the MPC Software reacts in Reason.

What was wrong with it in 10?

Nothing, I haven’t had a chance to try it out to see if there are any enhancements to the way it functions in Reason 11. I will check it out tonight when I finish work at the office.
By Danoc Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 am
Reason 11 just put me in the confidence mood to move on in the future without Akai.
Trust me l love my Live but when you have a program that works the way you want and it and INSPIRES you, you have to go that route. Inspiration is key to any producer. You can't force inspiration it has to come natural.

The reason l've kept the live is the portability. I can knock out drums quickly without a problem.

The question to myself, " do l need the live?" The answer is no. In a few my setup will be, Fantom 6, Reason 11, S1V4 and the MPC. I see myself drifting away from Akai. The excitement is gone. I was rooting for them. To much tech buffoonary is going on over there. I hope the beta testing improves something.

I will keep up dating just cause....

When l analyze Reason 11 and all these goodies,lm overwhelmed with goodness :-) I have say dam this is bananas. I like the direction Reason Stu is going. Every year they have improved. When they said they had something in the products they were there. I am very happy once again.

Akai had the very last chance to shine in 2017, but...
I hope Akai get things right for those that are ridding with them.
By Fre$hBreath Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am
A major disappointment about the full version of the 11 Suite is that it seems you can't use VSTs in the Reason Rack Plugin...
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:03 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:A major disappointment about the full version of the 11 Suite is that it seems you can't use VSTs in the Reason Rack Plugin...

Yeah, the plug in will not host VST or VSTi. It forces you to use the software or use Reason Extensions. If they allow that, I'll get it. :nod: It's 2019 and software like this should host 3rd party vst/vsti while being opened in another DAW. It's an artificial limit and it insults professional creatives.
By Certified Beatz Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:38 am
I never expected reason rack to host other VSTs. From what I read around other forums and youtube vids this release has not move the bar for Reason at all. Looks like I'll wait for reason studio 11.5..
By Unreallystic Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:I never expected reason rack to host other VSTs. From what I read around other forums and youtube vids this release has not move the bar for Reason at all. Looks like I'll wait for reason studio 11.5..

Oh keep it a bean, 11 was opening up Reason to people who don't use Reason as their primary DAW, such as myself. I was going to grab 11, but going to just build with what I have for a little bit and wait for the dust to settle.
- Unreall
By Danoc Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Wait, did people think as a PLUGIN (It's not a DAW) that the Reason Rack pulled up in another DAW would host VSTis? LOL Reason Studios never said that. Only what you can load VSTi's in Reason Rack is if you're in the complete Reason DAW, not another DAW!
They just never said you could do that. Maybe down the line they will do that. :Sigh:
By EnochLight Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:15 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:A major disappointment about the full version of the 11 Suite is that it seems you can't use VSTs in the Reason Rack Plugin...

Danoc wrote:Wait, did people think as a PLUGIN (It's not a DAW) that the Reason Rack pulled up in another DAW would host VSTis? LOL Reason Studios never said that. Only what you can load VSTi's in Reason Rack is if you're in the complete Reason DAW, not another DAW!
They just never said you could do that. Maybe down the line they will do that. :Sigh:

True, it was never said - but it certainly would be an incredibly useful-awesome feature. Really hoping they do introduce VST support from within the Plugin, because being able to contain them in Combi while running in another DAW would be fantastic.