MPC X, MPC Live & MPC One Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, & MPC One Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Eyalc Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 pm
Danoc wrote:The way l see it things keep getting better with DAWs than with Akai.


This is pretty much how I feel. I enjoy the MPC experience, and I love the workflow. But everyone I know that uses a DAW, knows that the MPC isn’t a DAW. Isn’t close to it in fact.

This Reason 11 announcement is the kind of game changing capability you expect from a DAW. While Akai was announcing Splice like a game changing feature, other DAW companies were sitting back watching like.... “game changer? LOL. Here, hold my beer.”

Ive said it before, I’ll say it again. Akai needs to focus on making this a killer INSTRUMENT, NOT a DAW. They’re too far behind, and incapable of keeping up with things like this. The MPC plugin hasn’t worked right or in a meaningful way in 6 years. Things Iike this are going to make everyone with a DAW go... hmmmmmm. Akai hasn’t done anything like that in years.
User avatar
By Danoc Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 pm
Yep, l said the same thing they are to far behind. Plus Akai isn't making no real pertinent moves to make the machines excellent. When l said Akai ain't making no more standalone dudes thought l was buggin. They not seeing what lm seeing. Akais bad patterns are suspect l can't even load up my VSTi's in it. The software is not suitable for pro use.

However , Reason just took it to another level and is a game changer. So many people are returning back to it or upgrading its not even funny. That's like you can get rid of your hardware and use their rack.
The goodness just don't stop there. The things you can have in any DAW with that Rack will take you further. Plus they improved Reason with some tweaks. Man l pissed my pants from what l see lol

Eyalc wrote:
Danoc wrote:The way l see it things keep getting better with DAWs than with Akai.


This is pretty much how I feel. I enjoy the MPC experience, and I love the workflow. But everyone I know that uses a DAW, knows that the MPC isn’t a DAW. Isn’t close to it in fact.

This Reason 11 announcement is the kind of game changing capability you expect from a DAW. While Akai was announcing Splice like a game changing feature, other DAW companies were sitting back watching like.... “game changer? LOL. Here, hold my beer.”

Ive said it before, I’ll say it again. Akai needs to focus on making this a killer INSTRUMENT, NOT a DAW. They’re too far behind, and incapable of keeping up with things like this. The MPC plugin hasn’t worked right or in a meaningful way in 6 years. Things Iike this are going to make everyone with a DAW go... hmmmmmm. Akai hasn’t done anything like that in years.
By Cockdiesel Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:03 am
I’d hold out remember the partnership that was announced between akai and reason a few months back? Maybe we will see something pop up from reason on akai’s next update.
The Mpc software is ripe for having 3rd party effects and plugins. Ram would be the only draw back.
Would you pay 20-30 bucks to have some reason effects on the live?
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:58 am
Bruh let me drop the dime on this. You're to optimistic when it comes to Akai and their team.

THE MYSTIQUE OF THE MPC IS GONE!

You ssid the Akai & Reason connection? Ok cool, lets go through this.

1. Akai&Reason connection, where did it get us? I can't even sync up the MPC live to Reason. The MPC can't even be a master, it has to be a slave. No PDC PERIOD! I can use my LPD8 better than my MPC live and that's a dam shame! This so called connection came and went so fast it was pitiful. Where are the successful threads with these 2 hooking up? Akai is so far behind they can't catch up to Reason 11. So this connection was a bust! Reason Studio has a way better record than Akai has. FACT!

2. Akai&Splice, supposed to have been a game changer. It hasn't changed anything. I seen the threads where people were confused about these two working together. About getting free member ship the whole nine. People were complaining about not being to access ALL the sounds etc. That flew by quick and now no one talks about.

3. Akai&FL Studio with the Fire, where did that go?

Akai is running around in circles trying to go to companies that's doing ttheir thing and looking foolish doing it.
Akai should have put their effords into these machines.
For me, Akai don't matter. Bottom line is l don't neep the MPC live to make great music.

Cockdiesel wrote:I’d hold out remember the partnership that was announced between akai and reason a few months back? Maybe we will see something pop up from reason on akai’s next update.
The Mpc software is ripe for having 3rd party effects and plugins. Ram would be the only draw back.
Would you pay 20-30 bucks to have some reason effects on the live?
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:47 pm
Akai Pro did a great job with Akai Fire and Fl Studio. However, my only gripe would be that it can't be used as universal controller for other Software DAW or Outboard Midi gear. Other then that, it works great. I'm not a FL STUDIO user and I mainly use it, for step sequencing. :lol:
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:20 pm
My point was not did ot work well, my point was the hype came and gone quickly. No one is really talking about.

Akai has some nice controllers . Maybe they should just make controllers. :-)
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm
:WTF: :shock: :shock: OMG!

Yo this just got better, damn! You can have a 3rd party synth or effect coonected into the Reason Rack Plugin. I thought only devices from Reason could be used in the Rack. OMG!

Do you know what this means? I can open up Thor, Serum and Omnisphere 2.6 and combinate them into ONE SOUND MODULE without making 3 different tracks. Yo the possibilities are endless! You can route different devices to one another and get a total different sound. Sound designers dream!
The thing about Reason Rack plugin is it will make the other DAWs beter!!!
GAME CHANGER!

Image

NEW LOGO! I am going to get it on a T-Shirt and wear it until it has as many holes as Swiss cheese. I kid you not!

Image
By Certified Beatz Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:39 pm
SupremeSoulstice wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:I'm sold if they make it work with cubase because vst3 is not supported in MPC software..


Lemme cop that X from you. :-D


Neva fam! No complaints with the hardware love it. They just got to appreciate DAW's that been in the game longer and play with them.. over my old ass body hahah!
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:With the Reason 11 having a three monitor setup is ideal. Mixer Monitor, Sequence Monitor, and Rack/Browser Monitor. I can see the RACK taking up lots of real estate on a single monitor.

The 3 monitor hook up been around since day one.
Even you have one or 2 monitors you can use the hot keys.
1. F5 Mixer
2. F6 Rack
3. F7 Sequencer.

I use it all the time l have one screen. And lm killin it!
User avatar
By Danoc Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 pm
No worries Cubase is a major DAW it supports VST3.

"A VST3 file is a plugin used by various digital audio workstations DAWs, such as Steinberg Cubase and Image-Line FL Studio. It contains information about an instrument or audio effect typically used to modify recorded sounds.Jan 7, 2019
"

Certified Beatz wrote:I'm sold if they make it work with cubase because vst3 is not supported in MPC software..
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:45 pm
Danoc wrote:The 3 monitor hook up been around since day one.
Even you have one or 2 monitors you can use the hot keys.
1. F5 Mixer
2. F6 Rack
3. F7 Sequencer.

I use it all the time l have one screen. And lm killin it!


I've been using 2 and 3 monitors for years. All these Software DAWs, pack their UI with too much information.
User avatar
By Fre$hBreath Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 am
Does MPC 2.6 run VST 3 plugins?