MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DonnyDank Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 am
Yo guys,

2 questions in 1 post:

What T F happened to the SP1200 effect AFTER the latest update? I only see a screen with SP1200 but no mixing effects or degrading the bitrate anymore? Really, WTF

O yea, and layering. Why is there no option to adjust volume of a 2nd or 3rd layer? I have to adjust the volume in the sample editor, which kinda sucks. Am i overlooking something?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
DonnyD
By 40Beatz Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm
Not sure what the SP1200 Effect used to do? You say Bit Crushing? You can always do some Bit crushing in the Process tab in the Sample Edit Page.

Far as the other question...
You can adjust the Level(Volume) of all the Layers in Program Edit Page. Hit the Sample Tab twice.

Alternatively...in the Sample edit screen, you can do a Gain Reduction of each layer in the Process tab.
By Monotremata Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:32 pm
Yeah I just asked in the other thread but those never had controls for anything on them. Its just supposed to mimic the sound of the machines output section.

And yeah volumes for each layer are right there on the Samples tab in Program Edit. On screen its right there in front of you, those big 4 lanes where each sample lives.
Think there's also a bit crusher plugin of some sort in there too from either Akai or AIR.
By dez perado Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm
The sp1200 ring did so have level adjustment parameters. They are still there saw a video on YouTube showing how to still use it after the new update
By DonnyDank Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 pm
Thanks for the replies!

The bitcrushing was ALWAYS a choice as was the samplerate. You could choose 8 bit, 12 bit etc...
Strange.

I switched on the Live immediately and you were right about the sample layer volume :) never saw you could actually tap the button again for more options!

So thanks!