MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By lordradish Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:49 pm
Hey, folks,

I have a question, regarding track view, that's kinda frustrating. Like a lot of you, I keep the same things on tracks across sequences (like, example, my bass is on track 2). Sometimes, after I get a few sequences down, I realize I want to change the volume (and often, the panning) of a particular track. Is there a way to do this, easily, or do I actually have to go back into each and every sequence and adjust them, separately? Doable, but a real pain in the ass, as you could imagine.
By Monotremata Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:22 am
Do you want to adjust the level of a track so it stays the same across all the sequences or are you talking about you want it at say -3db in sequence 1, -4.7db in sequence 2, etc???

The track mixer is project-wide so yeah if you want to change up volumes/panning/etc per sequence you have to use automation to do it. Otherwise whatever level is set in the track mixer is that tracks volume for the entire project.