MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 pm
If you can use 24 pads, to drums that would be nice. Not sure how accurate they will be, due to the size and spacing. The MPC pads are the same, spacing as a piano key-bed. So playing them is much more ergonomically correct. This means less stress on the hands.

I do wonder if the SP 2400 fader can send MIDI, to control levels, pitch, and other external parameters.
By peterpiper Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:37 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I think the sp should have its own section, would be cool to see tutor do a sp 2400 bible to really get the old school work flow out of it.

My minimal time with an org is that it is cave man basic,

OldSchool workflow? Cave man basic?
Yes it's exactly that. Search for the best stone (aka drumsamples) you can find then search for the best woodstick (aka hornstabs). Put it together with a tough rope (aka bassloop) and you get that killer weapon (aka bangin boom bap beat)
IMO there is no need for a bible on this topic. You need ears and a sense for that special vibe in your samplesources. If you got that even 10 sec sampletime or just 8 pads won't hold you up.

And if you do want 16pads: Padcontroller MIDI OUT -> SP 2400 MIDI IN

:)

peace
By CharlesRandolph Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:15 am
peterpiper wrote:If you got that even 10 sec sampletime or just 8 pads won't hold you up.
And if you do want 16pads: Padcontroller MIDI OUT -> SP 2400 MIDI IN

peace

Yeah, but that's not efficient, plus the finger drumming technique is far more advance than it was in 1987. :lol: That's like trying perform today scratches using a Realistic 32-1200C. I can light my house using candles, but that only happens when the electrical grid goes down.

Me personally, I like the amount of pads the force has, except I want them the size of the standard MPC pads. Give me 32 and less banks.
By Cockdiesel Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:00 pm
I was talking mainly about all the features they mentioned. Looper, the TR sequencing, etc.

@charles the force pads take some getting used to but it’s really dope for keyboard stuff. For drums you can double up the pads so they trigger the same sample and it’s like having 32 pads.
By Ill-Green Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:He confirmed you can use those as well to trigger samples. So its 24 technically.

I didn't see that info, where it at?

Either on this thread or the OG thread at Other Samplers forum downstairs.

He really was answering a question I asked about what are the 16 pads above the huge 8 pads. I thought they were 16 step sequencer style pads but he said you can use it as that "OR" just fill them up with samples to trigger.

Been a while but just peep Isla's posts.
By Lampdog Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:35 pm
justineastwick wrote:Preordered mine today. Was looking at getting the MPC X, but I figured since I already have the MPC Live, I might as well get something else (for cheaper).

:!:

8)