MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:40 am
saltmcgault wrote: New era? There's plenty of dope boom bap style music out right now Its always been around. Its just hard filtering through the BS.

Exactly! This is what will happen (Three situations.)

Scenario 1
1. People will get the machine.
2. Post pictures of it next to all their gear.
3. Make tons of YouTube unboxing and tutorial videos.
4. Make tons of praise videos.
5. Make tons of negative videos.
6. Argue which is better SP1200 VS SP2400
7. Argue about what is Real Hip Hop
8. Argue which is better SP 2400 or MPC X/LIVE
9. Complain about lack of updates.
10. Get bored.
11. Put SP2400 in the closet to collect dust.

Scenario 2
2. It will go out of stock
3. Ebay scalpers will sale it for $2000+.
4. People will complain
5. More will come in stock.
6. People complain it cost to much
7. Move on cause they weren't going to buy anyway.

Scenario 3
2. Make and Release music
3. Keep it moving
By Lampdog Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:45 am
Scenario 0
1. SP-2400 release will create a CBOTY candidate, possibly many candidates.
2. All following scenerios will happen simultaneously.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
saltmcgault wrote: New era? There's plenty of dope boom bap style music out right now Its always been around. Its just hard filtering through the BS.

Exactly! This is what will happen (Three situations.)

Scenario 1
2. Post pictures of it next to all their gear.
3. Make tons of YouTube unboxing and tutorial videos.
4. Make tons of praise videos.
5. Make tons of negative videos.
6. Argue which is better SP1200 VS SP2400
7. Argue about what is Real Hip Hop
8. Argue which is better SP 2400 or MPC X/LIVE
9. Complain about lack of updates.
10. Get bored.
11. Put SP2400 in the closet to collect dust.

Scenario 2
2. It will go out of stock
3. Ebay scalpers will sale it for $2000+.
4. People will complain
5. More will come in stock.
6. People complain it cost to much
7. Move on cause they weren't going to buy anyway.

Scenario 3
2. Make and Release music
3. Keep it moving
By Cockdiesel Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:08 am
I think the sp should have its own section, would be cool to see tutor do a sp 2400 bible to really get the old school work flow out of it.

My minimal time with an org is that it is cave man basic, many things will piss you off, but other wise it just had magic to it with the way beats came together. You could make dozens of very differnt beats with the same samples depending on how you flavored it. Also part of the machine was very unpredictable and part of it would seem to manipulate that to your flavor. Was not s good partner for the live, especially resampling. Really hard to get things to mesh well. But anything made within the sp itself would fit together amazing, and plus the special little magic it had.

Closest thing I have seen in modern terms was the pioneer toraiz, but that had its own limitations, it would only work as a sound module for my work flow ,a great sounding one for me but it’s a machine that things just come together on. Beats almost make themselves type of ish.

If this thing is good enough midi wise I might trim everything back to just 2400, and z8 track everything out. Last interview they seemed to get weird when I brought up midi tracks....
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 am
The SP 12 and SP 1200 were just dead simple to use. I don't miss the limitations at all.

Cockdiesel wrote:I think the sp should have its own section, would be cool to see tutor do a sp 2400 bible to really get the old school work flow out of it.

My minimal time with an org is that it is cave man basic, many things will piss you off, but other wise it just had magic to it with the way beats came together. You could make dozens of very differnt beats with the same samples depending on how you flavored it. Also part of the machine was very unpredictable and part of it would seem to manipulate that to your flavor. Was not s good partner for the live, especially resampling. Really hard to get things to mesh well. But anything made within the sp itself would fit together amazing, and plus the special little magic it had.

Closest thing I have seen in modern terms was the pioneer toraiz, but that had its own limitations, it would only work as a sound module for my work flow ,a great sounding one for me but it’s a machine that things just come together on. Beats almost make themselves type of ish.

If this thing is good enough midi wise I might trim everything back to just 2400, and z8 track everything out. Last interview they seemed to get weird when I brought up midi tracks....
By Lampdog Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:10 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I think the sp should have its own section, would be cool to see tutor do a sp 2400 bible to really get the old school work flow out of it.

MPC-forums.
By Cockdiesel Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:23 am
Lol I guess there is already a Spot for the 2400 here... im typing on it, still would be cool to see tutor do a bible for it, this guy at Isla is promising a lot of features and I like the way tutor breaks stuff down. Loopers, step sequencing, making samples playable keyboard style,et. easily make some sample packs heard for it.

Really want to see the midi and program side of things for this machine, and that seems to be the part they are developing

Going to be cool seeing this develop, not sure if it’s right for my work flow but still excited about it.
By Ill-Green Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:00 pm
Bezo wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:...For finger drumming: 8 vs 16 pad will be a huge lost.
Probably kills it for me.

Not really, there are 2 additional small pads above each of the 8. He confirmed you can use those as well to trigger samples. So its 24 technically.
By Bezo Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:27 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Bezo wrote:Probably kills it for me.

Not really, there are 2 additional small pads above each of the 8. He confirmed you can use those as well to trigger samples. So its 24 technically.
Really? Better, but it would take me a while to get used to a layout like that. Good to know though. Thanks!