MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:31 pm
Actually I like you elaborated on that. I still have the vip software even though I sold my advance and it’s pretty dope gimme that standalone with some of sapling features on the live and I’d bite.
Still would hope for the miniak sound engine and the analog filters. The new effects are good enough for me, I have pedals and racks for anything more needed.
By Icepulse Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:1. People have access to a library. In a library there are books. Some of those books are about music theory and sound engineering. Grab them, read them, and apply them.

Why would they do that? They had the talent and the drive. No one said they were "wanting" for anything, in terms of knowledge or talent. I take this to mean you look down on vital music they made. I'm not surprised.

CharlesRandolph wrote:2. If hip hopper had samplers, speakers, records, and turntables. That meant there was some kind of music store right? People work there, right? Ask them question. Knowledge is not given it must be searched for.

Again.... why? Why do you continually keep suggesting that they weren't good enough, Charles?

CharlesRandolph wrote:3. The Youth could've gone to a place called church. Were they could learn to sing and play instruments. That's where Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Miles Davis, Sallie Martin, Quincy Jones, Albertina Walker, Thomas A Dorsey, learned music.. I could go on.

...and on. And on. And ON.

Why should they have done that? They took what they had and created the most popular music format on earth. If they went to church and learned to play traditional instruments, we wouldn't have hip hop. Something tells me that'd suit you fine... You don't respect it. That much is obvious. Which is likely why you don't respect "toys". But your in a forum for a sampler. MPC has a deep tradition in hip hop. Guys like Premier and Doom and JD and Pete Rock and Madlib and Lord Finesse and Ced Gee and Q-Tip... these guys handle an MPC with the skill and dexterity of a great musician. It IS their instrument.

In fact, Guru's "Jazzmatazz" series kinda proves that live instrumentation in hip hop kinda falls flat, when compared to a great sample-based producer's music. No matter how funky they get; no mater what giants of traditional jazz musicianship they put in one room, they really couldn't achieve the same raw power as a guy like Preem delivered with a turntable and an MPC.

CharlesRandolph wrote:I can write BATTLE raps all day long, big deal! It's easy to tear someone down.

Again, you devalue the art of hip hop. "I can do (this and that) all day long" is the same bullshit that all Luddites throughout history say. Yet they never really can. You can do it all day long? Sure you can... :roll:

By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:45 pm
If Akai Pro release a MPC Keyboard.

They would have to destroy what Roland has done with the new Fantom. The MPC was suppose to be the Cadillac of midi sequencers/samplers. They need to go back to that LEGACY. Under the MPC brand, they should have: MPC X and MPC Keyboard. Make them both monsters and fully integrate VIP and MPC software.

This is the only way they can compete with Software DAW production.

Classic MPC Sequncer/Sampler setups.

MPC 60 mk2 AND S950
MPC 3000 and S6000
MPC 4000 & Z8 & Ak Sys

Curent:

MPC LIVE and MPC software (Wonky)
MPC X and MPC software (Wonky)
Force and Ableton Live (Have not tested)
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 pm
Icepulse wrote:
Why should they have done that? They took what they had and created the most popular music format on earth. If they went to church and learned to play traditional instruments, we wouldn't have hip hop. Something tells me that'd suit you fine... You don't respect it. That much is obvious.Which is likely why you don't respect "toys". But your in a forum for a sampler.

Unfounded and completely untrue.

Icepulse wrote:MPC has a deep tradition in hip hop. Guys like Premier and Doom and JD and Pete Rock and Madlib and Lord Finesse and Ced Gee and Q-Tip... these guys handle an MPC with the skill and dexterity of a great musician. It IS their instrument.

1. Talk about yourself and how you use it, not other people.
2. If you have not been in the studio with them. Composed with them. Created with them. You have no idea what they use. I can tell you, from first hands experience. You are wrong with 4 of those. :lol:

Icepulse wrote:In fact, Guru's "Jazzmatazz" series kinda proves that live instrumentation in hip hop kinda falls flat, when compared to a great sample-based producer's music. No matter how funky they get; no mater what giants of traditional jazz musicianship they put in one room, they really couldn't achieve the same raw power as a guy like Preem delivered with a turntable and an MPC.

Yeah, Tell that to Dr.Dre, OutKast, Beastie Boys, The Fugees, The Roots. Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor, N.E.R.D, Teddy Riley..., Battlecat, DJ Quik, The list goes on and on and on. :lol:
By Danoc Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 pm
Yo that dock is sweet l like that. I have a metal one that holds 34 Terra bytes. I run that eSata and use it as a back to back up.

Keyscape is dope lma get that after l get R11. Did you see the Plugin Guru vid for Kolours?

Icepulse wrote:
@DANOC @UNREAL

Keyscape has some nice sounds. I'm going to order the ORICO Docking Station. (As pictured below)
Then transfer all my sound set to their own dedicated SSD. Since the Full Keyscape version is: 70 GB's. This will work well.

By Icepulse Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
Why should they have done that? They took what they had and created the most popular music format on earth. If they went to church and learned to play traditional instruments, we wouldn't have hip hop. Something tells me that'd suit you fine... You don't respect it. That much is obvious.Which is likely why you don't respect "toys". But your in a forum for a sampler.

Unfounded and completely untrue.

Icepulse wrote:MPC has a deep tradition in hip hop. Guys like Premier and Doom and JD and Pete Rock and Madlib and Lord Finesse and Ced Gee and Q-Tip... these guys handle an MPC with the skill and dexterity of a great musician. It IS their instrument.

1. Talk about yourself and how you use it, not other people.
2. If you have not been in the studio with them. Composed with them. Created with them. You have no idea what they use. I can tell you, from first hands experience. You are wrong with 4 of those. :lol:

Icepulse wrote:In fact, Guru's "Jazzmatazz" series kinda proves that live instrumentation in hip hop kinda falls flat, when compared to a great sample-based producer's music. No matter how funky they get; no mater what giants of traditional jazz musicianship they put in one room, they really couldn't achieve the same raw power as a guy like Preem delivered with a turntable and an MPC.

Yeah, Tell that to Dr.Dre, OutKast, Beastie Boys, The Fugees, The Roots. Hurby "Luv Bug" Azor, N.E.R.D, Teddy Riley..., Battlecat, DJ Quik, The list goes on and on and on. :lol:

*edited for belated gleaning of additional hip-hop Googling to pretend he knows about hip hop.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:If Akai Pro release a MPC Keyboard.

They would have to destroy what Roland has done with the new Fantom. The MPC was suppose to be the Cadillac of midi sequencers/samplers. They need to go back to that LEGACY. Under the MPC brand, they should have: MPC X and MPC Keyboard. Make them both monsters and fully integrate VIP and MPC software.

This is the only way they can compete with Software DAW production.

Classic MPC Sequncer/Sampler setups.

MPC 60 mk2 AND S950
MPC 3000 and S6000
MPC 4000 & Z8 & Ak Sys

Curent:

MPC LIVE and MPC software (Wonky)
MPC X and MPC software (Wonky)
Force and Ableton Live (Have not tested)

I’m right there with you. The live is spectacular with some of that older gear. I’d honestly rather it be a different thing all together from the mpc line. The vip software with elements of the mpc software would be perfect.

I don’t think we would see something that would compete with those high end workstations. Roland is trying to compete with the likes of the quantum, prophet x, etc. I am sure that phantom is dope and offers more utility than the two I mentioned but I can tell you they offer much quality. The prophet x has the best filter I have ever touched. Roland won’t come close. Yea they are different machines but I personally think these things are aimed at gigging musicians more now days.

If anything we will see something to undercut them and have similar features. Honestly a keyboard with the simplicity of the asr, a hybrid between vip and mpc software (perhaps bridging the gap between the two), air effects, and a must is a stereo analog filter. No skimping on it either. Use the spare parts from the scribble strips, and advance series with the live screen on the smaller ones and a tilt able one on the flagship.maybe since they are really pushing towards audio tracks give it the ability to multitrack 4 stereo tracks at once or 8 mono.

Ot- Someone mentioned a mini force a ways back. They could use those small ableton controllers to cook up something real cool battery powered unit.

I agree Akai needs to take a step up as they have the potential to really make some game changers, just need to focus more. Not to take away from the new Mpcs or the force, they are pretty groundbreaking themselves but still need more development.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:25 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I’m right there with you. The live is spectacular with some of that older gear. I’d honestly rather it be a different thing all together from the mpc line. The vip software with elements of the mpc software would be perfect.

I don’t think we would see something that would compete with those high end workstations. Roland is trying to compete with the likes of the quantum, prophet x, etc. I am sure that phantom is dope and offers more utility than the two I mentioned but I can tell you they offer much quality. The prophet x has the best filter I have ever touched. Roland won’t come close. Yea they are different machines but I personally think these things are aimed at gigging musicians more now days.

Good point, on that.

Cockdiesel wrote:If anything we will see something to undercut them and have similar features. Honestly a keyboard with the simplicity of the asr, a hybrid between vip and mpc software (perhaps bridging the gap between the two), air effects, and a must is a stereo analog filter. No skimping on it either. Use the spare parts from the scribble strips, and advance series with the live screen on the smaller ones and a tilt able one on the flagship.maybe since they are really pushing towards audio tracks give it the ability to multitrack 4 stereo tracks at once or 8 mono.

At this point, they need to work on a full integration plan. They have marbles all over the place. :lol:

Cockdiesel wrote:Ot- Someone mentioned a mini force a ways back. They could use those small ableton controllers to cook up something real cool battery powered unit.

I agree Akai needs to take a step up as they have the potential to really make some game changers, just need to focus more. Not to take away from the new Mpcs or the force, they are pretty groundbreaking themselves but still need more development.

Maybe they will buy Ableton, then call it a day. :) :smoker:
By Danoc Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 pm
Yes sir that's the vid. Ive been getting stuff from hom since l can't remember. He's a beast with the Omnisphere sound banks. Im blown out with them lol l got almost all his stuff

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Danoc wrote:Keyscape is dope lma get that after l get R11. Did you see the Plugin Guru vid for Kolours?
I have not, first time hearing about Plugin Guru. Is this the video?
By Danoc Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:35 am
I would get the new Fantom and call it an evening!
Made of all metal, 4 CHIPS INSIDE :shock: Dammm!
It's setup just the way l thought back in 2005! I think it does 32 stereo out. Crazy!