MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:36 am
The force is priced fairly. In between the live and x. It’s just not in a good state right now, but the potential is there for a absolute game changer if they do it right. I don’t need it for my work flow but the 64 pads with the chord progession, and different note modes is killer not to mention the ableton type sampling. It’s not a Mpc and that’s why I don’t jive with it. It has the same super fast “mpc” type work flow for notes, melodies, progressions etc but not for drums. Beyond that it’s loop based, I program my synths and track out. Mine isn’t selling and if I have to keep it it works wonders for the controller aspect with synths but not much else for my work flow. I could see mixing my tracks on it too, but I have a dope setup with ableton so I’d rather use that.
Sad because I can tell you right now this thing runs circles around the mc-707 and is now in the same price range. Not good marketing and product left in limbo.
By Danoc Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:37 pm
:WTF: Why does this sound so familiar? What type of state is it in? Glitches? Not complete? See this is exactly what I am talking about. You pay that much money and "WE GOTTA WAIT FOR POTENTIAL?" When it should already be rockin! I'd rather get the Fantom 6 for my next purchase. Hell with that. I feel for people that bought into it. crazy.

Cockdiesel wrote:The force is priced fairly. In between the live and x. It’s just not in a good state right now, but the potential is there for a absolute game changer if they do it right.
By Unreallystic Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm
Danoc wrote::WTF: Why does this sound so familiar? What type of state is it in? Glitches? Not complete? See this is exactly what I am talking about. You pay that much money and "WE GOTTA WAIT FOR POTENTIAL?" When it should already be rockin! I'd rather get the Fantom 6 for my next purchase. Hell with that. I feel for people that bought into it. crazy.

I am NOT disagreeing with you, but it is par the course for most things these days. I remember buying Mortal Kombat for the Switch while going on a cruise, and not being able to do anything but training mode all week, because the story-mode needed an update to actually work.

As for the Force specifically, it should be closer to the Live, same screen as the live, same hardware as the Live - not the X (doesn't have all the I/Os), except they added a cue headphone jack and have 64-pads, and looking at other 64 pad devices, isn't exactly $300-$400 in value. They sold that for what they felt they could get away with *good business, not a shot*.

But to your point, potential be damned at this point. Any iteration needs to be FULLY BAKED. Don't serve me the chicken where I can't tell if the middle is done all the way, I'd rather it sit in the oven a little longer, gets some browning, than come out questionable.
- Unreall
By kaydigi Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 pm
Yeah it feels like a crime that they shipped the force without a song mode. A lot of promises were made also on stuff coming soon that hasn’t happened. They had shown the force doing all this stuff at winter Namm that it still can’t do.

At least the stuff shown is now in the hands of beta testers and the song mode looks dope as hell.

The mpc’s are suppose to be getting some variation of this also.
By Danoc Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:28 am
:lol: :lol: l can't stop laughing at that analogy lol its funny as crap lol but its true!

Unreallystic wrote:
Don't serve me the chicken where I can't tell if the middle is done all the way, I'd rather it sit in the oven a little longer, gets some browning, than come out questionable.
- Unreall
By Monotremata Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:12 am
Maybe Im too used to Logic's look but I hate the way the song mode looks. I dont know why, I think its the neon, just makes it look like a cheap toy iPhone app or something. Its too dark or something cant quite put my finger on why, but it bugs the crap out of me.
By Unreallystic Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:44 pm
Monotremata wrote:Maybe Im too used to Logic's look but I hate the way the song mode looks. I dont know why, I think its the neon, just makes it look like a cheap toy iPhone app or something. Its too dark or something cant quite put my finger on why, but it bugs the **** out of me.

I hadn't seen it before, but looking at those pics posted, I agree, I hate the colors, but specifically for the Force, I think live performance, dark room, so it makes sense to have something *bright*, but yeah it looks almost tacky, maybe there will be a color-select option like most DAWs have w/ a Dark-mode.

Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: l can't stop laughing at that analogy lol its funny as **** lol but its true!
Aye, we've all been there, second guessing the chicken.

kaydigi wrote:Yeah it feels like a crime that they shipped the force without a song mode. A lot of promises were made also on stuff coming soon that hasn’t happened. They had shown the force doing all this stuff at winter Namm that it still can’t do.

At least the stuff shown is now in the hands of beta testers and the song mode looks dope as hell.

I've been staying out of the beta stuff, don't want to get gassed waiting on stuff, plus I have enough on my plate, but THAT is what I want, especially if they handle ALS exporting correctly, so that I can mix at the crib.

Damn, that's actually exciting in concept. Just got to hope execution pans out and it doesn't cause too much problems with CPU performance.
- Unreall
By Bezo Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:14 pm
kaydigi wrote:... At least the stuff shown is now in the hands of beta testers and the song mode looks dope as hell.

Yeah, color scheme is out there. Give me something that goes with the rest of the MPC's screens.

And if you're going to add a linear view, add the damb time (minutes/seconds)!
By Eyalc Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:44 pm
Monotremata wrote:Maybe Im too used to Logic's look but I hate the way the song mode looks. I dont know why, I think its the neon, just makes it look like a cheap toy iPhone app or something. Its too dark or something cant quite put my finger on why, but it bugs the **** out of me.

I thought it was just me. All those colors are just unnecessary, and agree it makes it look cheap. And I definitely couldn’t bear staring at a screen like that for an hour. I’m sure any decent UI designer would look at that and think... :hmmm: :WTF:
By DokBrown Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pm
I just decided on the MPLIVE over FORCE b/c
1] I think it more in line with MPC line
The FORCE is clearly more in line with ABLETON
2] software is more developed
The renaissance/touch came out some time ago.
2.6 answers a lot of hardware requests
The only ? I have is the MPC future.
Will the software lead the way & will the hardware struggle to keep up with it”
Or will
Will hardware remain the standard & the laptop software will be a bonus
The FORCE convinced me that the akai is comiitted to hardware but I think I will be hard for the hardware to keep up with the software unless they drop a new machine every 2-3 years like smartphones.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:37 pm
DokBrown wrote: The FORCE convinced me that the akai is comiitted to hardware but I think I will be hard for the hardware to keep up with the software unless they drop a new machine every 2-3 years like smartphones.

Hardware can keep up, if Akai Pro goes the module computing route. This allows users to upgrade, fix, and modify components.