MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:21 pm
You and l have different experiences, to me Roland was not a let down nor Korg etc.
The MPC was gassed to the maxed and not exactly what it was suppose to be. You're going on the pass keyboards from Roland, this is a new one and its a beast. Well built,4 chips etc. Its powerful and l know exactly what it will do for me. People should know the pros and cons about items.

People still got hella glitches can't get dam PDC from Akai but dudes are still using these new MPCs.

I bet l will get more use outta the New Fantom than l do with the MPC live. It has the functions l need. Again its all about fun stop beingbto technical. Ifbyou don't want it cool, but l do and the flip side there are people who want it.

Cockdiesel wrote:I’m sure you went over it and it ticks all your boxes Danoc, but there are others reading who might want to know the draw backs.
I’ve had a few pieces of gear get abandoned by Roland and just by upgrading my windows was suddenly with a piece of gear to use.
We all get your excited, but gassing this thing up like it’s the first flawless piece of gear is counter productive.

I would assume that the sampling is the same old engine maybe a better ui for it similar to the new 707. I only mention the pitfalls because Roland is masters at marketing and the last few products I bought were somewhat of a let down.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm
That’s the point danoc, you were the main one gassing the new Mpc. Now it ain’t the newest and shiniest, you ain’t so cool with it.
I’m not trying to attack you or the gear, just pointing out how I see which may not be how others see it.

Pointing out flaws on gear isn’t a personal attack on anyone interested it. I’d be pissed if I bought this thing and was a sample based musician.

I’m sure this thing would be great for you as you play keys and don’t sample. Don’t get it twisted.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:42 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:For over 3 k you should be getting a better sampler than a 404... it’s marketed as a work station right?
Plus youre gambling on abandonware..,I could see these on every late night shows band, not so much in the studio. A computer and midi controller covers these bases and then some.

The Fantom 8 is really marketed toward live players. If a person is looking for a sampler first, then it's better to go another direction. The Fantom 8 is a low price point replacement for the V-Piano. So as a MIDI keyboard it will have lots of life.

Danoc l wrote:The price dropped so lm wondering how many people bought these machines since it dropped.
Did the X drop also?

The X is still the same price. Hard to say because Akai does not release sales numbers. From what I've seen the price drop of LIVE, causes the second hand market MPC LIVE to reduce even more. (More sales there, especially for refurbished.) Also around this time, is when we start to see how the build quality holds up. The battery is one of components, that will need to be replaced in the next year.
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:34 pm
I wasn't the main one. Go look at Youtube others were hyped. To the counting of Akai and how they presented it. I get what l want out of the live and l don't count on Akai.
Your experience with Roland is different than m8ne let it go dude! You are arguing unless you don't realize it. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ROLAND YOU HAVE!
Im getting the Fantom. You really haven't shown me any way how bad this new Fantom is. 404 sampler. ? LOL :lol: hell l don't sample lol l know exactly what lm doing and lm getting it. What it has is great for ME! Noticed l said me! There's nothing you can tell that will make me change my mind. Others can make their own decision.
Just like you have the right to not like Roland gear l have the right to love it.

Cockdiesel wrote:That’s the point danoc, you were the main one gassing the new Mpc. Now it ain’t the newest and shiniest, you ain’t so cool with it.
I’m not trying to attack you or the gear, just pointing out how I see which may not be how others see it.

Pointing out flaws on gear isn’t a personal attack on anyone interested it. I’d be pissed if I bought this thing and was a sample based musician.

I’m sure this thing would be great for you as you play keys and don’t sample. Don’t get it twisted.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 pm
If you look at my original comment I was just stating my opinion on the sampling. You responded with basically idaf, it’s my joint. Fair enough. Then you starting talking about pdc, and other flaws the akai has had. Might fit the thread but not really anything to do with what I’m saying. I explained I’m bringing up a point for others to mull over and to look into before they buy, you say I’m arguing....

Look man we both been on here long enough, and I understand you get mad excited when new shit appeals to you comes up. That’s cool. I like poking fun at you, but not actually argue with anyone including you.

You know what you’re doing, I respect that but you don’t need to jump on someone’s case who bringing up drawbacks to a machine.
For me something similar to a asr would peak my interest, this however doesn’t. Can I have my opinion?
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:59 pm
I didn't jump on ya case. If you find fault in something it doesn't matter to me.you can state what you want.
You keep talking the down falls of the product or drawbacks but didnt show a lot. You think l didnt look into it? I made my decision. Look how much you're writing just to get a point. If you wanna talk about drawbacks say it genetally not directly to me. Ive been doing this since 94 dude l know what's for ME and what's not.

So make a list of these drawbacks you talk about of the new Fantom :smoker:
Cockdiesel wrote:If you look at my original comment I was just stating my opinion on the sampling. You responded with basically idaf, it’s my joint. Fair enough. Then you starting talking about pdc, and other flaws the akai has had. Might fit the thread but not really anything to do with what I’m saying. I explained I’m bringing up a point for others to mull over and to look into before they buy, you say I’m arguing....

Look man we both been on here long enough, and I understand you get mad excited when new **** appeals to you comes up. That’s cool. I like poking fun at you, but not actually argue with anyone including you.

You know what you’re doing, I respect that but you don’t need to jump on someone’s case who bringing up drawbacks to a machine.
For me something similar to a asr would peak my interest, this however doesn’t. Can I have my opinion?
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Thanks. Im not in the field for a sampler. Like you pointed out its geared toward Live Players. That's why l like that Fantom.
I can use it as a midi contrller and use the sounds :lol: :-D. Big plus for me.

I seen a bunch of people sell theur Live, and l do mean from this site.
Yeah to sell your Live is going to be low. Well my Live is holding up great and the battery still rockin so no complaints from me.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
The X is still the same price. Hard to say because Akai does not release sales numbers. From what I've seen the price drop of LIVE, causes the second hand market MPC LIVE to reduce even more. (More sales there, especially for refurbished.) Also around this time, is when we start to see how the build quality holds up. The battery is one of components, that will need to be replaced in the next year.
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:36 pm
No need to get any point to me. Im getting it.

Since you claim all these draw backs please give up a list of drawbacks.

Thanks.
Cockdiesel wrote:I’m writing so much because it’s really hard to get my point across to you.
My first statement wasn’t to you. You just responded as if it was. Now here we are....
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:40 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Danoc you buy the Fantom 8 and sound designs the Piano, then share those sets on the Beat Camping! :lol:

Awwwhhh dam man lol
You know lma sound design lime a mugg lol
Piano? Hahaaaha
Ima get tha 61 key joint though.
By Cockdiesel Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:18 pm
Danoc - you cant be this dense.
It has the same sampling specs as a 404. It’s what I was commenting on.
Perhaps you should look into the user reviews for the last Fantom. I’m not here to tear down this product man, only in your mind is it twisted like that. I stated for the price the sampling isn’t up to par with me and have written many times trying to tell you the same thing. I brought up abandonware because I seen others have mentioned it with the Fantom series, and experienced it first hand with my 404.

Do you have communication issues like this in real life-?
By Danoc Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:41 pm
No lm not that fu***ing dense! Not dense at all.
Let me shut this down.
You wrote all that crap for no reason to talk about what a got dam sampler that l don't even use? You must be dense. This us why l asked you to show the drawbacks and you have one? You got the nerve to say l get angry when your ass is throwing subliminal dissing at me. You picked the wrong one. You have no list of drawbacks and l knew you didn't.
Here's my pros of it.

1. Sounds are dope!
2. 4 patches make one sound which allows 16 layers. That's some orchestral crap there! What keyboard you know does that?
3. I can play keys press the program button and go into a smooth transition to the next without any glitches!
4. You can scroll through sounds on the touch screen with ease with your finger tips!. You got dudes here complaining about scrolling through sounds on the MPC.
5. What keyboard you know has a horizontal pitch bend and a vertical pitch bend and a mod wheel at the same time? That is what lve always wanted.
6. It has 4 computer chips in it FOUR! That crap has power like no other!
7. Nicely built with durable plastic on top and metal around it.
8. It has lightpipe!
9. One cord goes to the computer!
10. It operates Cubase well. (For all you Cubase users).

Don't tell me about anymore equipment l know what l want for me. Do you and lma do me.