MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QuickStrike Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:54 am
No he doesn't he's talking out his ass. If Akai has plans for a new Live, that means theres a new X on the way too. The only difference between the two is the I/O and the control surface. The inside is exactly the same, and if they cant squeeze anything more out of the Live, guess what.. The shiny $2000 flagship is also now dead and Im pretty sure that's going to piss of ALOT of people and not bode well for the next MPC's sales at this point if its left in the state it is.

Now if 3.0 is some magic update that finally delivers everything it was supposed to be from day 1, then theyre within every right to release a new one. You got what you paid for pretty much. It works dont it? Just like the 60 still did when the 2000 came out, and the 2000 still did when the 4000 came out, and those were all still rocking when the 500/1000/2500 came out, and they were all still partying it up when the 5000 came out..[/quote]

https://ibb.co/GPXWVmf
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:07 am
No he doesn't he's talking out his ass. If Akai has plans for a new Live, that means theres a new X on the way too. The only difference between the two is the I/O and the control surface. The inside is exactly the same, and if they cant squeeze anything more out of the Live, guess what.. The shiny $2000 flagship is also now dead and Im pretty sure that's going to piss of ALOT of people and not bode well for the next MPC's sales at this point if its left in the state it is.

Now if 3.0 is some magic update that finally delivers everything it was supposed to be from day 1, then theyre within every right to release a new one. You got what you paid for pretty much. It works dont it? Just like the 60 still did when the 2000 came out, and the 2000 still did when the 4000 came out, and those were all still rocking when the 500/1000/2500 came out, and they were all still partying it up when the 5000 came out..

QuickStrike wrote:Image

When did this pop up! Is it that Strata controller?
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 am
I don’t think beta testing for free is a bad thing especially if you really like the equipment, manufacturer, etc. If it helps develop a better product for you then there’s chances to earn more from your product is the work flow is better suited to your needs. Even if your not making money, it could be a cool experience.

I’ll agree though that at some point there would need to be compensation. I also have no issue for those who wouldn’t do it unless paid to. There is a wide spectrum of users each with different needs, interests, and goals..

Really don’t see any reason to bicker about it. Really clutters up the treads as well.

Nice setup Enoch. I like how you have the top shelf mounted to the wall. Make me not feel so guilty having a bunch of boxes too :lol: actually my gear has slimmed down some but it just shifted more into my racks. That will get slimmed down some too when I get more time to filter out what I want to keep.

@charles what is that thing. That exactly what I was trying to describe when I mentioned something on the lower end using the parts from the akai controllers.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:17 am
Cockdiesel wrote:@charles what is that thing. That exactly what I was trying to describe when I mentioned something on the lower end using the parts from the akai controllers.

It's a Strata controller from Envision Sound. Check it out here: https://envisionsound.tech/
Quick Strike posted it.
By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 am
Dang looks pretty cool. I wouldn’t really have much use for it but I wonder how it would stack up to the push or force.
By wavejockey Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:08 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I don’t think beta testing for free is a bad thing especially if you really like the equipment, manufacturer, etc. If it helps develop a better product for you then there’s chances to earn more from your product is the work flow is better suited to your needs. Even if your not making money, it could be a cool experience.

it is all 'bout the experience yes
i don't think there will be much development from the beta users' side nor will be listened to input on new/wished features throughout the beta
i think it will be more ironing out bugs, maybe streamlining workflow (i hope)
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Such as yourself?

1. Not a troll name
2. I don't troll
3. I crossed off all roland gear off my list. Thank you! :lol:

1. Yeah, it is. Congrats!
2. You most certainly do. :nod: :lol:
3. And this has what to do with anything? :roll:

Sounds like you’re jealous. :lol:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm
EnochLight wrote:
1. Yeah, it is. Congrats!
2. You most certainly do. :nod: :lol:
3. And this has what to do with anything? :roll:

Sounds like you’re jealous. :lol:

I don't envy what you have and why get jealous over gear. I have a use/replace relationship with tools. Use the best I can find/buy, replace and pass it on when I don't use it. How much gear I have or do not have does not determine my self worth.

Jealousy and envy are signals, that someone is not living their best life. I joke around and discuss, but I don't tear people down, in order boost my confidence. The world of entertainment is full of those kind of people. Lonely, unhappy, and lack knowledge of self, so they seek material possession to fill the emptiness.

Is that why you create music?
Is your mentality on this board a reflections of what you release into the world?
Why do you list your gear, are you selling a service, or bragging?
Do you disagree with what I say to show some kind of superiority?
Inflated EGO? inferiority complex? Are you defending your self worth?

These are not question you need to answer here, just question you may want to ask yourself. :-D
EDIT: I don't know you personally, so I'm not emotionally invested in what is said.

Nevertheless, paid or unpaid the MPC Beta testing, is a good sign that new things are on the horizon. Hope they continue in this directions and iron out the bugs
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:25 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Blah blah blah

Nevertheless, paid or unpaid the MPC Beta testing, is a good sign that new things are on the horizon. Hope they continue in this directions and iron out the bugs

This we can agree upon. If I see you in the beta forum, please act civil and respect the forum rules there. Thanks!
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 pm
EnochLight wrote:This we can agree upon. If I see you in the beta forum, please act civil and respect the forum rules there. Thanks!

I don't BETA test, I always try to act civil Dylan. Nevertheless, at this point, there's no reason for us to have any dialogue. So lets just leave it here. Good luck. :smoker:
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:I don't BETA test

This is probably for the best (for all involved). :lol:

CharlesRandolph wrote: I always try to act civil Dylan. Nevertheless, at this point, there's no reason for us to have any dialogue. So lets just leave it here. Good luck. :smoker:

Sure, Charles. :nod: I encourage you to steer clear of my posts. I'll do the same for yours. :wink:
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 pm
I beta test for free, if I'm not busy. I try to help the company that I am loyal to as much as possible. Plus I get to check out the cool stuff! :-D :smoker: :smoker: :popcorn:

CharlesRandolph wrote:
I don't BETA test, I always try to act civil Dylan. Nevertheless, at this point, there's no reason for us to have any dialogue. So lets just leave it here. Good luck. :smoker:
By Danoc Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm
Man after seeing the Maschine MK3, ooooooooohhhhhhhh wwwwwwwwweeeeeee! Akai need to step their game up.
the Live should have been naturally tilted as I said in the beginning instead of being flat. Or Tilt screen like the MPC 2000xl. These just look dope, Orange and red limited editions. I'm not into NI like that but dam I gotta be honest from the look and how it works, I'm impressed! Sh**!

But I am happy with my Live: