MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:57 pm
EnochLight wrote:You've been a hobbyist for 20+ years? Wow! You do you, good sir! :lol:

I was a hard working hobbyist, the first 6 years of career because I bought gear, that never made me a profit. How about you? What do you bring to the table? Let's put all the back and forth aside. There are a couple of people, working a serious projects. We're looking for international connections with links to Japan, Australia, and South Korea.

How can you help? PM me your business contact, if this is something you can facilitate.

EnochLight wrote:I don't beta test for Ableton. That would be Fanu. :nod:

Fanu is ableton certified. @FANU are you BETA Testing the MPC?
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm
:shock: Ut oh!

Im hoping they improve the software for people. I don't use it so l don't care. I use standalone and that's it.

The price dropped because its been out for a while. Plus they need to sale what they put out. I am wondering if Akai broke even in sales let alone done very well in sales. In order for Akai to put out a new MPC they would have had to do extremely well. There are units still laying around and they need to move them. The rep of the glitches have people on edge to hesitate to buy one.

That is bitting Akai in the ass! As l saud there will be no more strictly standalone MPC. If and when they make another MPC it will be standalone slash computer connected.

Hypothetically if Akai made a strictly standalone MPC l wouldn't buy into it. I would get that new Roland Fantom, dam beast. They did to their keyboard what Akai should have done to the new MPCs.

Akai didn't design these MPCs to pupate over time, its one way and that's it. You can't add ram or nothing. Im just not excited anymore over the MPC. Blame that crap on Akai. :roll: :(

Monotremata wrote:
No he doesn't he's talking out his ass.
By EnochLight Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:28 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:How about you? What do you bring to the table? Let's put all the back and forth aside. There are a couple of people, working a serious projects. We're looking for international connections with links to Japan, Australia, and South Korea.

How can you help? PM me your business contact, if this is something you can facilitate.

LMAO!!! :roll: That's adorable.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Fanu is ableton certified.

Fanu also said he tests for Ableton for free. My comment was to simply say "my time 'aint free". Never beta tested for free.

Have you? Do you? Why would you?
By Danoc Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 pm
Aaah crap Fanu name done popped up :( :Sigh:
By EnochLight Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:51 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:So I'll take that as a no. Thanks you. :smoker:

Sure, Charles. :wink: I know this is hard for you to understand, but there is literally nothing of value you have to offer me. Frankly, even if you did - I'd politely decline. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:01 am
EnochLight wrote:Sure, Charles. :wink: I know this is hard for you to understand, but there is literally nothing of value you have to offer me. Frankly, even if you did - I'd politely decline. :nod:

@enochlight the leader in CBOTY votes. I mean who buys a Roland MX-1, 7X7-TR8, Roland TB-3 and MPC LIVE. Then uses a RME Babyface Pro. Are you kidding me.You buy pretty much every piece of the Aria system and you use a MPC LIVE? Really? :lol: Post a picture of your setup, I have to see this for myself. Ooh, that's right. You don't need to.

P.S. Didn't you say you didn't do free Beta testing, yet you list Reason 11 in your signature. It's in BETA and we all know you're not getting paid. :lol:
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:@enochlight the leader in CBOTY votes. I mean who buys a Roland MX-1, 7X7-TR8, Roland TB-3 and MPC LIVE. Then uses a RME Babyface Pro. Are you kidding me.You buy pretty much every piece of the Aria system and you use a MPC LIVE? Really? :lol: Post a picture of your setup, I have to see this for myself. Ooh, that's right. You don't need to.

P.S. Didn't you say you didn't do free Beta testing, yet you list Reason 11 in your signature. It's in BETA and we all know you're not getting paid. :lol:

You're adorable. :roll:

The Live is sitting next to my DAW workstation. Built the standing Aria work space to get away from the PC. The beta for Reason 11 is currently public. I've no desire to go into the various companies I beta test for, nor the terms of the agreements. You know, because NDA and all. Oh also, your opinion is laughably of no value, so there's that. :lol: :nod:

You're one of those sports who like to challenge people to dance-offs, I take it?
By mr_debauch Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:04 am
The live is already working better than how akai usually leaves products... great that they are looking for a larger pool to get results from. They had some wack testers in the past who would selectively omit issues from reports if they didn't personally like who the issue was posted by... or so i heard. None of y'all will ever get as many CBOTY votes as that guy.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:13 am
mr_debauch wrote:The live is already working better than how akai usually leaves products... great that they are looking for a larger pool to get results from. They had some wack testers in the past who would selectively omit issues from reports if they didn't personally like who the issue was posted by... or so i heard. None of y'all will ever get as many CBOTY votes as that guy.

Admittedly, I followed the Live at launch and wasn't that enthused. But as the MPC Software updates kept rolling out and features kept getting added to the Live, it make me realize that Akai was in this for the long haul. They course corrected and really brought value to the platform, IMHO. By the time 2.4-2.5 rolled around, I was ready and bought my first MPC (first the Touch, then sent it back for the Live).

I have no idea who Akai were using as regular beta testers, but it's always good to refresh the ranks. Also, what the hell is a CBOTY vote? :shock: :? :?:
By mr_debauch Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:19 am
i bought the live once i saw the product was at a quality i found acceptable for the money. Where i am from the live costs $1800 after taxes (buying it in person at the music store)

I honestly felt bad for the buyers of many akai products the way they left them before discontinuing them (without saying... they kept people thinking they were supported... you only knew because it was years since the last update)
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:35 am
EnochLight wrote: Oh also, your opinion is laughably of no value, so there's that. :lol: :nod:

Thank you, also there is no need to hide behind a troll name.
By EnochLight Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:48 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Oh also, your opinion is laughably of no value, so there's that. :lol: :nod:

Thank you, also there is no need to hide behind a troll name.

Such as yourself?
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:59 am
EnochLight wrote:Such as yourself?

1. Not a troll name
2. I don't troll
3. I crossed off all roland gear off my list. Thank you! :lol: