MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By tala12 Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi, I’ve recently bought an MPC live, I control an external synthesizer via MPC in standalone mode, I would like to record audio output of my synthesizer in MPC or its software, but I can’t find how to do it, my Mac doesn’t recognize my MPC while it is in standalone mode. I appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance
By EnochLight Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm
tala12 wrote:Hi, I’ve recently bought an MPC live, I control an external synthesizer via MPC in standalone mode, I would like to record audio output of my synthesizer in MPC or its software, but I can’t find how to do it, my Mac doesn’t recognize my MPC while it is in standalone mode. I appreciate you help.
Thanks in advance

While it's in standalone mode, your Mac shouldn't recognize it... because it's in standalone mode. :wink: While in standalone mode, run the audio out from your hardware synth into the quarter inch line in on your MPC. You obviously need to monitor your MPC through your studio monitors or a set of cans.

You can do this two ways: Hit the Main button, and on the lower left hit your Audio tab. Now you can record audio. Select the correct inputs, hit monitor, start record, and start jamming on your synth. Or, if you've got it hooked up via MIDI, make sure you also have a MIDI track created to trigger it.

Or, you can use the Auto-Sampler feature in the Sampler menu.

There's a metric shit ton of YouTube videos out there that you can watch how to do this - have you checked them out?
By tala12 Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Thanks for your quick reply, i really appreciate it. Yes, I had the MPC for about 10 days and i watched many YouTube tutorials but i realised that I am more at ease with Ableton, it was really fun using MPC Live, but it was not for me. Thanks again
By QuickStrike Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:00 pm
tala12 wrote:Thanks for your quick reply, i really appreciate it. Yes, I had the MPC for about 10 days and i watched many YouTube tutorials but i realised that I am more at ease with Ableton, it was really fun using MPC Live, but it was not for me. Thanks again

Yeah it's not everybody.

How much you selling it for?
By radnar Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:50 pm
When I record an external synth and record audio back on the live, if I zoom into the audio file I will see that hits/notes are just slightly behind the beat and would need to be nudged to be perfectly on the beat.

On a computer I would adjust the external midi latency delay settings like in logic to do this. But what about Live/X?

Anyone? I would like to just use the live/x in standalone only for all my production but not sure I want to manually adjust every external synth line I record in.