MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By chameleoned Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 pm
Hey People,

Is there a quicker way to remove large groups of programs from a project in the MPCLive? I use a big template with 30 programs or something when I start writing. By the end of the track I'm down to 10 programs or less. I'd like to save each project with just the programs I am using with the point being to speed up the load time for each project when on stage.

I've tried "Purge" samples but it still loads all 30 of the (now) empty programs. Seems like this would be a simple function somewhere...Hope I'm just missing something. I always work in standalone mode, but maybe using the DAW would help?

Incidentally, this goes back to originally using an MPC1000 on stage with a massive AutoLoad and running the entire show with all sequences in that folder. Load it all at once and just change sequences as you go.

Thank you all!
By renegadebliss Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:17 am
chameleoned wrote:Thanks man, thats been my method but was hoping for a “delete all unused programs” function!

That was on the MPC 4000 along with Remove all unused Samples. You should file an RFE with Akai requesting it... there's so much from the 4000 that needs to get ported to the MPC Software/Live/X
By chameleoned Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am
renegadebliss wrote:
chameleoned wrote:Thanks man, thats been my method but was hoping for a “delete all unused programs” function!

That was on the MPC 4000 along with Remove all unused Samples. You should file an RFE with Akai requesting it... there's so much from the 4000 that needs to get ported to the MPC Software/Live/X

Done! Ill keep using my work around (file management through the PC) until this is brought in. :popcorn: