MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:44 am
For those who want to use a Foot Switch for transport. A gentleman by the name of Barrett Hemmings, got it to work for MPC LIVE so it should work for the FORCE. Get the MC6 MKII. You can set it up to start (Play), stop (Stop in place.), and reset (Bring sequence to beginning.) . It should plug in via USB, which would power it and allow for MIDI messages to be sent. Just make sure you allow the MPC LIVE or Force to received MMC.

MIDI Footswitch:
https://www.morningstarfx.com/mc6-mkii

MIDI Editor Note:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71crq2qvd378z ... s.pdf?dl=0

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
By Fred Alpi Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 pm
Hi Charles , seems interesting, but your video doesn't show some features I would need for my AKAI MPC One:

- Project change
- Sequence change
- Track mute
- Sample play

Do you think it would be possible with the MC6 MKII ?
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Best wishes,
Fred
By mpspek Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Hi Fred,
I saw your MPC Live question about how to change to the next sequence with a foot controller.
This is exactly what I need to know. Do you already know how to fix that in the MPC?

Tnx!
Matthijs
By Mystic38 Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm
lol yeah, but.... there should be a couple of jacks on the back with assignable functions.. at least on the -X

but in the meanwhile, there is a bunch of USB midi devices that can serve specific functions, as discussed above.. me?.. i am about to (attempt to) put together a USB midi sustain pedal

Ill-Green wrote:Footswitch is a hoax. Unless its built for it, there aint no footswitch on an MPC even if you at the barbacue.
By DeaDeus Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:00 pm
Hey all, I need to bring this up again.
Why the hell would someone have a footswitch to stop and start at a free position?!
What we need is a "stop+reset" and "start".
What AKAI is offering us is just pure nonsense to me for live performance as well as studio works.
Using another solution (MIDI) is ok, but it shows that AKAI is not doing music.... if they would do so they would realize this is utter b***shi!

....and YES - why the heck did they put footswitches to the front! OK - done - we cannot change this.

This was my last MPC I have bought. Still have my RS7K and Rm1x running in the gear.
The clock of the Rm1x is rock-solid and drives my system - no audible jitter. But this peace of heavy metal hardware has dedicated chips doing jobs - not a software in a plastic box being overwelmed by incomming data.

(sorry this had to come out.... frustration)
By Hoekschop Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:28 am
What we need is a "stop+reset" and "start".

Pressing shift and stop together resets the position to zero, but I agree It should work automatically.

I would like to have punching in and out (overdub instead of record) as well.
By akimov Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 pm
Hi, it is now easier to control the MPC transport with the MC6 since they added the MMC Play / Stop commands. But I can't seem to program a stop with a reset at the beginning of the sequence. Any idea?