MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mannas Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:14 pm
I recently got an MPC Live and would like to look at some of the expansions they have. A lot of the music I make is very much boom bap, sampled type hip hop. Am curious which ones people have liked and not liked. I thought about The Rawcutz ones but I also saw I can get Soul Provider 1 and 2 bundled for $60 and wasn't sure if that was a better value.
By kaydigi Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:53 pm
Dark Parallax
araabmuzik pack
Vintage provider
Soul provider

I have the raw cuts stuff but I haven’t used them yet. I did use the raw cuts Maschine expansions and it was dope.

Mpc tutor also has free expansions on his site

These are current half price on don’tcrack.com

https://store.dontcrack.com/advanced_se ... =2a&page=2

I have most of the expansions except for the newest ones as they haven’t been on sale yet. Stuff like the ovo expansions aren’t tagged correctly.
By Mannas Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 am
kaydigi wrote:Dark Parallax
araabmuzik pack
Vintage provider
Soul provider

I have the raw cuts stuff but I haven’t used them yet. I did use the raw cuts Maschine expansions and it was dope.

Mpc tutor also has free expansions on his site

These are current half price on don’tcrack.com

https://store.dontcrack.com/advanced_se ... =2a&page=2

I have most of the expansions except for the newest ones as they haven’t been on sale yet. Stuff like the ovo expansions aren’t tagged correctly.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. Is that site with the link legit? I've never heard of it.
By r4nd0m Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:12 am
Mannas wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate the help. Is that site with the link legit? I've never heard of it.

its legit - I pretty much got all expansions except Dark Paralax2 - its just a minor expense but sometimes the included sounds and projects spark an idea ... they are not too expensive for what they are - I just wished you could use the projects also on the force ... also if you buy them from Akai - you can pretty much use the code MPCSAVE10 all the time to get 10% off ...
By kaydigi Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:29 pm
Mannas wrote:Thanks! I appreciate the help. Is that site with the link legit? I've never heard of it.

Don’t crack started when everyone was cracking everything under the sun. They used to catalog free plugins to try to stop people from using cracks all the time, and they emerged to this format currently.
By kaydigi Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 pm
r4nd0m wrote:
Mannas wrote:

its legit - I pretty much got all expansions except Dark Paralax2 - its just a minor expense but sometimes the included sounds and projects spark an idea ... they are not too expensive for what they are - I just wished you could use the projects also on the force ... also if you buy them from Akai - you can pretty much use the code MPCSAVE10 all the time to get 10% off ...

Yes sir, I use the trap drums expansions also, I don’t think it’s on the akai site anymore. It was included with the silver studio.

I’m a boom bap head but It had some dope sounds in it.
By Monotremata Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:53 pm
Been curious about that Rawcutz set myself. I have a few of their other packs, its pretty decent for old school hiphop sounding stuff. Ended up not getting the expansion though and told myself I was finally gonna use their other packs I spent money on first haha.
By Unreallystic Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:42 pm
I've reached this weird place with expansions, stuff like the Araab Muzik kit sound great, it knocks and makes me want to go HAM - my more natural energy level, but its obvious who everything is from. Then my experience with the other sets from the iMPC expansions of the same names is setup destination for each kit, like of course you can rechop stuff and build your own kits with pieces from the expansions, but I always feel like I arrive at the same or near the same place as everyone else would.

Maybe I need to play around more with adjusting some of what's included, changing the tone on the drums or something, but Araab drums always want to be played a certain way. THe boom bap kits sound so nice, but it feels so "automatic" because of my body of knowledge instantly pulling from songs that use stuff like it.

At this point the only expansions I use with any level of consistency are say the acoustic drum kits, those are independent enough for me to not feel like I should go one way with it.
- Unreall
By Bezo Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:52 pm
I only ever considered the Expansions of multi-instruments; Vintage Provider, Urban Instruments & Distant Pulse (still don't own any though). Not interested in anyone else's chops.
By ShengTao Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:12 pm
The expansions akai offers are frankly not that good.
You'd do much better with MPC-SAMPLES.COM this forum's parralel site.
Tutor: can I get a coupon code? :?:
By morph860 Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm
kaydigi wrote:Expansions are half off on Akai’s site.

Use code
Epx50mpc

Picking up

Nuskillz
Sleazy beats
Premier Beats

Were you able to get the code to work on Premier Beats? I tried buying it the other day but it didn't work. Sent Akai a message about it on their Instagram post but no response.

It did work on Raw Cratez for me. There are some good kits in that pack.
By Monotremata Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 pm
Are those MPC expansions or are those the actual Loopmasters Rawcutz packs?? Premier Beats was on my radar for awhile, that thing is HUGE and would probably be perfect for anybodies entire boom bap library heh. I ended up not getting it because I already have the Crate Diggers pack but if its the same content as the OG Loopmasters collections those things will rule especially at half off heh.

Those guys stuff is pretty rad. It was started by Eric Persing who WAS Spectrasonics and did the old Distorted Reality sample cd's back in the 90s heh. A shitload of those patches y'all love in your Rolands were done by him ages ago too.
By kaydigi Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:30 pm
morph860 wrote:
kaydigi wrote:Expansions are half off on Akai’s site.

Use code
Epx50mpc

Picking up

Nuskillz
Sleazy beats
Premier Beats

Were you able to get the code to work on Premier Beats? I tried buying it the other day but it didn't work. Sent Akai a message about it on their Instagram post but no response.

It did work on Raw Cratez for me. There are some good kits in that pack.

Just tried to purchase them and no dice. I will contact support and not get response.