MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By hobsun Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:00 pm
kaydigi wrote:Are you saying that there are two MPC x models?

Side note I run my MPC Live to a DP 24 with midi. I love the combo.

Thanks for your involvement! I spoke with a sales rep from Musicians Friend last night & he suggested that the "LOOPER" model may most likely be a demo; he said if I watch youtube MPC-X videos, that end users will most likely have the "PAD PERFORM" panel & only the Factory Rep will have the other "LOOPER" version. Sort of as a PROTO-TYPE?

I ordered my very own MPC-X regardless! I wont know until it arrives what the button will be, but it seems likely to be "PAD PERFORM" - I can't wait; my mouth is watering...

By the way kaydigi; after I get the feel for the MPC-X, my intention is to use the DP-32 [track 1] as a midi clock to run the MPC-X for other midi equipment [Juno 106; DX7; DW8000] and, use the DP-32 as an "organizer / mixer" for vocals, guitars & bass, and sequence both units for final MIX to STEREO BOUNCE or other FINAL STEREO Mastering device through another mixing board inputting from BOTH the TASCAM & MPC-X.

I don't know HOW I am going to run the MIDI yet! But maybe once I figure it out we can start another topic of ideas and experiments utilizing the cooperative harmony between the TASCAM & MPC-X ? ~ Understanding the capabilities of the DP-32, the MPC-X seems like its "Heaven Sent!" ~ Just what I was looking for...

The manual of the DP-32 indicates I may not need to use [or waste] a track to run the MPC-X, but rather use TASCAM internal midi clock. Do you use your MPC-X as the clock? or the TASCAM? I would like to know how you are utilizing these 2 units as one environment. [looks like your MPC-X is the clock for the TASCAM?] ~ Anyway, I can't wait to learn more capabilities between these 2 units once I get my head involved with all these new ingredients in which to experiment!!!

Hope I explained myself clearly & expressed my gratitude for you and all who have read, and who have responded to this post. ~ Thank You!

BTW; cool recording in your signature...
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 pm
The first Units they had at NAMM 2 years ago where different. Also some of the units Andy Mac was showing certain videos showed signs of plans for HDMI ports.
Never made it because they switched to USB 3.0. Also the face plate was very wobbly. All of that was pre-retail.