MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 am
The Electra one may be a great companion device, for those with the MPC LIVE.

Specification:
Capacitive touch 7" LCD with 1024x600 resolution
12 high-resolution (256 values per revolution) aluminium touch sensitive knobs
2 standard MIDI IN/OUT ports
USB MIDI class compliant device with two individual MIDI ports (virtual cables)
USB Host interface for MIDI class compliant devices , up to 2 devices can be connected
Web-based platform for creating, editing, and sharing presets
Support of Control change, Program Change, Start, Stop, NRPN MIDI messages
Support of proprietary SysEx MIDI messages (currently Rhodes Chroma, Yamaha DX7, Roland TB3 are supported)
Sturdy aluminium enclosure
Dimensions 206 x 190 x 38
Link:https://electra.one/

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

By Fre$hBreath Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:You have to map it, I'm sure. But seeing the mapping software they have, it's looks to be easy. This is screen shot of the Midi Editor. I want to see a demo of them mapping it.

Looks like my question has been answered twice. I found this video of him using the TX7 which is the desktop version of the DX7 and you just showed me your pic of the DX7 being mapped... :worthy:

By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Damn would be dope for the miniak. Or any desktop synth for that matter. I’d have to look into if the asr could be mapped as well. I might have to cop this.

On their site is shows desktop synths can be mapped. They have lots of snippet videos, waiting on a video that walks through the functions and software mapping.
By Cockdiesel Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:59 am
I’ll have to see that too. If it’s a create your own template type thing I’d have it controlling all my digital effects racks too. Be dope to have an all in one standalone editor device. Really hope akai comes through on the multi Timbral support I. The next update or two.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am
Some of their FAQ.

Does Electra One work with software synthesizers, VSTs, and DAWs?

Yes, it does. Any software synth that supports MIDI CC or MIDI SysEx messages will work with Elecra controller. Electra does not only send MIDI messages to standard DIN5 MIDI ports, it can also send them to computers as MIDI USB computers.

Does it read control values from VSTs and soft synths?

You can control any soft synth that support MIDI CC or SysEx messages. Reading of current control change values or patch parameters is a bit tricky with most soft synths. We are currently trying to find ways to do that.

Does it work even for return SysEx?

Electra is designed not only to send parameter changes, but also to read them. The firmware implements calls to retrieve current patch, fetch a status of one parameter. These calls can be modified to match SysEx format of specific synthesisers. At this moment these calls are implemented only by us - Electra developers. We want, however, to offer an API / SDK that would allow anybody to add SysEx support for other instruments.

Reading SysEx data is used to set correct values of controls whenever they are changed by Program change or actions on the instrument panel.

Is there any documentation for MIDI implementation, API, or SDK?

Not yet, there will be! We are already preparing a GitHub repository where you will find all you need to start playing with Electra if you are a software developer.
By Cockdiesel Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:58 am
Akai needs to get this multi timbral support and SysEx situation sorted out.
This thing will be very useful for me, even just a controller for my racks all in one spot. Also for my asr 12 knobs would be fn killer.