MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By c-real Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:47 am
Hello,

I found a thing located in the preferences of the MPC Live that I don't understand. In the "Record/Export" tab, there is a section named "Audio Bounce" that shows different options. Since these kind of options are also available when bouncing a sequence or a song (and since it is not related to potential default settings), I would like to know when/where the actual "Audio Bounce" section is applied please, in particuler for the four last lines (I guess the first two work for both the sequence export and song export, but I'm not sure).

Do you have an idea? Maybe it is linked to the "Ableton Live Set Export" implemented in the 2.6 firmware (installed on my MPC Live). Were these preferences available in previous versions?

In the manual, it talks about an "Export audio" and an "Export MIDI" icons, but it's not very clear.

I already posted in the Gearslutz forum but nobody seems to pay attention to it, maybe someone here could shed a light on this.

Thank you,

creal.
By Lampdog Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 pm
WHY do I keep reading that as cereal.

I don't have an answer but I understand the situation.

AUDIO bounce is permanent record (print audio) of audio. It can help to free up channels when you run out of channels and/or effects and need more.

One of Ice T's famous lines form yesteryear

"24 tracks mixed down to 2"

That is audio bouncing. Ice T had 22 free tracks to work with after that.
By Lampdog Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 pm
That part I can't help with. I don't have a LIVE or X. I thought you were just shaky on the meaning.
Sorry.
By Danoc Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:49 pm
Ok, here goes.
Bounce and Export applies the same thing, it's just one is multi operation and the other is a single operation. Bounce is a multi operation of sending out midi sequences that you made within the MPC. I never used the bounce in the MPC but I use the export a lot. I use Bouncing in Reason 11, all the time after a mix, to keep those files.
Bouncing allows you to have multiple tracks to be send out simultaneously in one shot, and if I am not mistaking you can pick which tracks you want to go out or all, at least that's how I do it in Reason 11.

Export is sending out midi sequences one at a time. If you have 10 midi sequence tracks and you only want to send out one, this is what export will do.

I tried to say it as easy so you can understand.

Peace.

c-real wrote:Hello,

I found a thing located in the preferences of the MPC Live that I don't understand. In the "Record/Export" tab, there is a section named "Audio Bounce" that shows different options. Since these kind of options are also available when bouncing a sequence or a song (and since it is not related to potential default settings), I would like to know when/where the actual "Audio Bounce" section is applied please, in particuler for the four last lines (I guess the first two work for both the sequence export and song export, but I'm not sure).

Do you have an idea? Maybe it is linked to the "Ableton Live Set Export" implemented in the 2.6 firmware (installed on my MPC Live). Were these preferences available in previous versions?

In the manual, it talks about an "Export audio" and an "Export MIDI" icons, but it's not very clear.

I already posted in the Gearslutz forum but nobody seems to pay attention to it, maybe someone here could shed a light on this.

Thank you,

creal.
By acura Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Here is the answer:

If you look at the top right corner of the MPC Software, to the right of the 'Undo' and 'Redo' buttons, there are two more buttons: 'Export Audio' and 'Export Midi'. If you click one of the two, the audio or midi gets exported and saved in the MPC Software. The button ('Export Audio' or 'Export Midi' - whatever you pressed) is now lit in red. You can then drag from the lit button to any location - for example to your desktop or to your DAW, where the export file will be put.

In the settings menu (to answer your question) you can choose whether this export will be made from the current track only, or from every track that contains the current program, or from the entire master, e.g. all tracks. :smoker:
By c-real Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 pm
acura wrote:Here is the answer:

If you look at the top right corner of the MPC Software, to the right of the 'Undo' and 'Redo' buttons, there are two more buttons: 'Export Audio' and 'Export Midi'. If you click one of the two, the audio or midi gets exported and saved in the MPC Software. The button ('Export Audio' or 'Export Midi' - whatever you pressed) is now lit in red. You can then drag from the lit button to any location - for example to your desktop or to your DAW, where the export file will be put.

In the settings menu (to answer your question) you can choose whether this export will be made from the current track only, or from every track that contains the current program, or from the entire master, e.g. all tracks. :smoker:

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I searched for!

So the MPC standalone (and I guess the Force and MPCX) shows a setting that only the MPC software supports? :?
By Lampdog Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 pm
kaydigi wrote:
Lampdog wrote:That part I can't help with. I don't have a LIVE or X. I thought you were just shaky on the meaning.
Sorry.

Man I thought you had an X on release day.

It was my plan but I wanted to wait until I've seen other people's pro's and con's.

I knew already to hold off though. I was a software tester back in the Ren days. The software never
resonated with me.

Software is LEAGUES better now no doubt but I still feel like it aint phukkin with a 4k in a stand alone sense.
Don't wanna be tethered to software.