MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mannas Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 am
So I haven't had a lot of time to play around with my Live yet and am still finding my way around it. I've used a lot of sounds that I could easily load in so far. For the first time this weekend I sampled a drum break from vinyl. I saved and named the sample. I played around a little bit and didn't save the project because I was just messing around. I turned it on tonight and was going to load up the break again and I can't find it anywhere. Did I do something wrong? I just wanted to save the break to use later on.
By Cockdiesel Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 am
If you haven’t update to latest os. When that situation comes up again make sure you save the new sample, program whatever to a disk drive.
By EnochLight Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:59 am
Mannas wrote:So I haven't had a lot of time to play around with my Live yet and am still finding my way around it. I've used a lot of sounds that I could easily load in so far. For the first time this weekend I sampled a drum break from vinyl. I saved and named the sample. I played around a little bit and didn't save the project because I was just messing around. I turned it on tonight and was going to load up the break again and I can't find it anywhere. Did I do something wrong? I just wanted to save the break to use later on.

You said you saved the sample, so no - you didn’t do anything wrong. You just need to remember where you saved it. Did you do this in standalone mode on the actual Live or via the MPC Software on your computer in controller mode?
By Mannas Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:32 am
EnochLight wrote:You said you saved the sample, so no - you didn’t do anything wrong. You just need to remember where you saved it. Did you do this in standalone mode on the actual Live or via the MPC Software on your computer in controller mode?

This would have been in standalone mode. I sampled it, then it asked me to name and save it which I did. I just don't remember where it saved to. I don't even think I changed from the default location. I went to my main drive and the samples folder but didn't see it there. I looked through every folder I could think of but no luck.
By 40Beatz Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:06 pm
After you sampled the Break...You Saved it...>BUT...You saved it into RAM. You have to Save the Project...to a Location.(HDD, Card, USB, etc)

Or...
You can Save the just the Sample to a Location such as the HDD, SD Card, USB Drive, etc. so you can Retrieve it at a later time.

RAM is temporary Memory while the Unit is Powered on. Once you Turn it off, Its GONE, unless you Physically save it to a Location!
By Mannas Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:23 pm
40Beatz wrote:After you sampled the Break...You Saved it...>BUT...You saved it into RAM. You have to Save the Project...to a Location.(HDD, Card, USB, etc)

Or...
You can Save the just the Sample to a Location such as the HDD, SD Card, USB Drive, etc. so you can Retrieve it at a later time.

RAM is temporary Memory while the Unit is Powered on. Once you Turn it off, Its GONE, unless you Physically save it to a Location!

Ah ok. That definitely makes a lot more sense. I appreciate the clarification. Thanks!