MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By optik415 Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:52 pm
hansjbs wrote:
optik415 wrote:I truly believe that Akai knows it created a crappy piece of software and under developed hardware so now they wanna use Ableton to fill in the gaps. Currently I'm going back to my older MPC cause it sounds better to my ears, The Live can be harsh and digital sounding. I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.

Hmmmm. :? That makes no sense

As long as it makes sense to me lol
By CharlesRandolph Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:55 pm
optik415 wrote:I truly believe that Akai knows it created a crappy piece of software and under developed hardware so now they wanna use Ableton to fill in the gaps. Currently I'm going back to my older MPC cause it sounds better to my ears, The Live can be harsh and digital sounding. I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.

optik415 wrote:Where did I say it wasn't? Read that part again

You said digital sounding. What does that mean when 95% of gear is digital. Also going back to the MPC 1000 will sound digital as well, right? Since, it's a digital sampler. :lol: Maybe, there is a better way to describe the sound you're hearing?
By optik415 Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:01 pm
bees80 wrote:

Funny how opinions can differ. I truly like my mpc live and soundwise it sounds so much better then my mpc 1000. I've think they actually done a pretty good job stand-alone wise, part from a few things. But there are always gonna be ''somet hings''. The only way i will be using ableton is when i explode the tracks, or import the recorded seperate tracks from my zoom l-12.

I'm someone who has owned a 1000 & Live since they first came out. I've been a long time MPC user so I know a thing or 2 about sound and workflow. This is my personal preference and as of now I feel more comfortable using my 1000 over the Live.
Bymember04959388 Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:06 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

optik415 wrote:Where did I say it wasn't? Read that part again

You said digital sounding. What does that mean when 95% of gear is digital. Also going back to the MPC 1000 will sound digital as well, right? Since, it's a digital sampler. :lol: Maybe, there is a better way to describe the sound you're hearing?

There is a sort of trend to consider digital bad and analogue good.
As far as I think, it was like that maybe 20 years ago.
Now it doesn't make any sense at all.
And I say that Mpc outputs sound really good, I don't know if it's because of good converters or some trick on the output stage.
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:Maybe with a MPC 60, But a 3000, 2000, 2000xl, 4000, 2500, 5000, LIVE, and X would be very difficult to tell, in a blind test.

Generally speaking I sort of agree with you. BUT there are instances where it can be quite obvious. Here is one:. I used like making basic synth patches on my 2ks. Trimming samples down to one or 2 cycles, looping and chromatically assigning them to pads. The results you get on those machines in comparison to the 1k and 2500 is dramatic. On the 2ks the sound of those single cycles is warm almost smudgy. You won't get that on the nukais.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:35 am
Its the convertors. The live/x has dope convertors! That's why l love designing some of my drums in the live.

Frisbi wrote:There is a sort of trend to consider digital bad and analogue good.
As far as I think, it was like that maybe 20 years ago.
Now it doesn't make any sense at all.
And I say that Mpc outputs sound really good, I don't know if it's because of good converters or some trick on the output stage.
By Cockdiesel Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:03 am
The live/x seem to be a small enhancement in a neutral direction form the 4000/z8. Like lower headroom and less sound shaping options minus the new effects. Which seem to be a lot better than the old Akai. Better, not great, filters on the the old akai. The robust sampling adds a new dimension that the live is lacking. But very similar otherwise.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:52 pm
Devils Advocate....

The Legacy Units have a different sound due to the Components used in them. Some People even say...Old School Picture Tube TVs have a better look to them. To each is own.

Now Me...

I Believe if you have TRUE Skills, You can Duplicate that Warm Punchy Legacy Sound with The Right Amount of Compression and EQ on the Master Outs!....Easily!!!

I have all my Old MPCs Layin around for Aesthetics in the Studio. Like Old Books in the Library. Looks good. For Me...Getting rid of the X/Live and makin beats on the Legacy Units Solely....Is Like Sayin....Im Getting rid of this 2019 Model Vehicle because I Prefer Roll Up Windows & No Power Steering!!!

If people are willing to sacrifice Technology Over Sound....That's their business! I respect it. I know how to recreate that Vintage Sound without the Presets!
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:43 pm
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
PREACH BROTHER PREACH!!!

40Beatz wrote:Devils Advocate....

The Legacy Units have a different sound due to the Components used in them. Some People even say...Old School Picture Tube TVs have a better look to them. To each is own.

Now Me...

I Believe if you have TRUE Skills, You can Duplicate that Warm Punchy Legacy Sound with The Right Amount of Compression and EQ on the Master Outs!....Easily!!!

I have all my Old MPCs Layin around for Aesthetics in the Studio. Like Old Books in the Library. Looks good. For Me...Getting rid of the X/Live and makin beats on the Legacy Units Solely....Is Like Sayin....Im Getting rid of this 2019 Model Vehicle because I Prefer Roll Up Windows & No Power Steering!!!

If people are willing to sacrifice Technology Over Sound....That's their business! I respect it. I know how to recreate that Vintage Sound without the Presets!
By HUBA Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:51 am
Fre$hBreath wrote:After re reading this entire post I realize some of you are possibly incapable of being happy with Akai and appreciating all they have accomplished thus far with the MPC X and MPC Live.

They could grant you guys with everything you've requested and a unicorn and you'll still find something negative about your MPC because for some reason you can't recognize the dopeness of your MPC.

Our MPCs are dope y'all, why can't you see the dopeness?

You're joking right?
By Danoc Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:37 pm
LOL CTFU