MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 am
Hmmmm... I seriously hope they have upgraded Standalone Features as well.

I will be Disappointed Heavily!
By dez perado Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:38 am
I can't find this video anywhere
By Lampdog Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 am
I saw it before it got taken down, it was pretty good.
Covered Ableton integration a lot.
By Cockdiesel Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:44 am
Yea, it basically makes the live and x the same function ability as the force....

minus the hardware interface. Still haven’t seen this control announced on the force, although it’s pretty much the same as this controllers set up for Ableton, just more in “stand alone”.

Actually I noticed a lot of thing that seemed more Intuitive for the mpc side of things (at least for me).
Either way, this adds a new dynamic to these machines. Ableton in a sense replaces the mpc software, and the software relegated for more utility functions

They really really need to drop the keyboard running this software, flag ship style. Right now the x is the flagship unless you need the 64 pads and 1 to 1 interface with

It will be interesting to see where they plan to be at 3.0. I mean the vip software is in 3.0 state and seems adandoned.
By SakisX Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:21 am
dez perado wrote:I can't find this video anywhere

Party time for MPC Touch users
By soundsafoolmusic Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:41 am
What waste of time and effort! My MPC is supposed to be a midi control centre that could replace a DAW, not make me buy another DAW.

I use Cubase Pro so why would I want ableton?

My box maxes out very quickly for key groups so need disk streaming. lets not even talk about midi!

Instead i get more bloatware/crap that hogs resources on the machine!

Arrrrrgghhhh!
By JeriKo Jackson Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 am
I use Ableton Link alot already with my MPC. Being able to do all this shit over Wifi as well is pretty crazy! I BUT this must take so much more work than what the hardcore users are asking for. Also, it sort of concedes its own MPC DAW is wack af. I'd be lying if I said I can't use this to wildly simplify my preferred DAW inegration. I'd still prefer basic synthesis features in keygroups, multi midi input, legato next sequence and toggle for sudden and note repeat integration, and general tidiness of the qlink layouts within screens and... blah blah blah

So now that they have made use of the ethernet port and the hardcore integration that this was most definitely planned a while ago. It makes sense of the name choice too. I think the Force was an afterthought of this original concept. It makes sense from a competitive standpoint. Ableton has one hardware device and Akai has a pretty lousy DAW. You could say its the Timbre Wolf of DAWs. :Sigh:
By CharlesRandolph Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:39 am
I like the network integration. Now the question is. Will we be able to import and export files via the network? This way we could, fly in any audio on our network. Even better yet, send 16 to 32 tracks of audio via USB. :nod:
By djhighfly Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:32 pm
That is not good! What about all the people who does not have or want ableton?

Same like Windows and their pre-installed Internet Explorer, remember?

For me it would be bloatware too, i don't want ableton because i paid for the MPC and their software.

Unbelievable...
By Fanu Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm
djhighfly wrote:That is not good! What about all the people who does not have or want ableton?

They simply don't have to use it, feel threatened by it, or moan about it.
By djhighfly Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:56 pm
Lol they simply don't have to use it, they simply don't have to put bloatware on our machines...

What's next a McDonalds commercial before you can make a beat?
By Fanu Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 pm
djhighfly wrote:What's next a McDonalds commercial before you can make a beat?

I don't get it.

It's soon year 2020, and a vast portion of music-makers are using software to whatever extent.
MPC Live has always had a software connection – always. They day you bought it, knowingly.
Now more software features are added, and dudes feel threatened and irritated.
Now how is that "bloatware" going to make your experience any worse?

Like I said, I don't get it.
By djhighfly Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm
If is it optional, it's ok, if we will be forced to install it (also to get bug fixes), it's not ok.

Many people does not use ableton, do you not see what the fundamental problem is? to install functions that are not usable if you not buy another DAW?

I don't think the performance will get better with this stuff
By Eyalc Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:They really really need to drop the keyboard running this software, flag ship style.

This.

soundsafoolmusic wrote:What waste of time and effort!

This.

djhighfly wrote:That is not good! What about all the people who does not have or want ableton?

And this.

JeriKo Jackson wrote:...and Akai has a pretty lousy DAW. You could say its the Timbre Wolf of DAWs.

And also this.
--

Ableton users must be vast and influential. But this "one platform for everything" approach that they seem to be taking doesn't seem destined for a happy ending.

But at least no one came in hear yelling "GAME CHANGER!!!!!" :Sigh:
Last edited by Eyalc on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.