MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bees80 Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:08 am
So i guess load custom default project not possible in 2.7.. Would love to have a blank startup program with tracks already assigned to midi channels and have them named by default, saves a lot of time and gives a steady and neat workflow.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:48 am
I believe Core is an apple term, from my understanding they're the same thing. Just means they are plug and play, no additional drivers needed.

From talking to Quick. His audio came out the interface and he was also able to selected the audio interface's inputs on the MPC X. Maybe the 2.7 update will have other features that address this.

Cockdiesel wrote:Nothing. I posted in the hacks thread what I witnessed. They recognize each other, even midi. But it’s something I’m guessing will need a firm ware update at least for my sound card. Once plugged in I couldn’t even hit play on the live. No extra input or output option. BUT the midi lights lit up, host and cc lights up on the soundcard but nothing.

Is there a difference with CORE class compliant and regular class compliant. Before this I never heard that term before. Kaydigi mentioned it worked on his live, but no real details.

I tried yesterday and today some and even tried my iPad sound card same result.
By optik415 Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:37 am
I truly believe that Akai knows it created a crappy piece of software and under developed hardware so now they wanna use Ableton to fill in the gaps. Currently I'm going back to my older MPC cause it sounds better to my ears, The Live can be harsh and digital sounding. I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:42 am
optik415 wrote:I truly believe that Akai knows it created a crappy piece of software and under developed hardware so now they wanna use Ableton to fill in the gaps. Currently I'm going back to my older MPC cause it sounds better to my ears, The Live can be harsh and digital sounding. I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.

All MPC's are digital. :lol:
By JeriKo Jackson Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 am
True... but they really dont all sound the same and you know this. I love my 2500 but it could sound harsh in comparison to my 2000 and 2000xl.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:39 am
optik415 wrote:I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.

Again

optik415 wrote:........at all.
By hansjbs Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:51 am
optik415 wrote:I truly believe that Akai knows it created a crappy piece of software and under developed hardware so now they wanna use Ableton to fill in the gaps. Currently I'm going back to my older MPC cause it sounds better to my ears, The Live can be harsh and digital sounding. I'm not interested in using Ableton or the MPC software at all.

Hmmmm. :? That makes no sense
By CharlesRandolph Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:00 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:True... but they really dont all sound the same and you know this. I love my 2500 but it could sound harsh in comparison to my 2000 and 2000xl.

Depends on the components they used. The sampling circuits. How accurate the clocks are. How much the solder joints have compressed and expanded due to heat. Your sound source, the audio cables, electricity, speakers, amps. The sound is a combination of everything we use.

So In this case we could argue, that no two machine sounds exactly the same. Especially, MPC's because Akai Pro doesn't try to maintain a particular sound signature like SSL or Rupert Neve does. But in most cases, it's all psychological. In a blind test, could we tell the difference between each machine? My guess is NO.

Maybe with a MPC 60, But a 3000, 2000, 2000xl, 4000, 2500, 5000, LIVE, and X would be very difficult to tell, in a blind test.
By BeatWilson Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:52 pm
They should really just drop this update. It is taking a bit of time for this one...
By bees80 Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:19 pm

Funny how opinions can differ. I truly like my mpc live and soundwise it sounds so much better then my mpc 1000. I've think they actually done a pretty good job stand-alone wise, part from a few things. But there are always gonna be ''somet hings''. The only way i will be using ableton is when i explode the tracks, or import the recorded seperate tracks from my zoom l-12.
Bymember04959388 Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:42 pm

I don't agree at all.
If there's something I like about my Mpc Live is the overall sound.
I imported my samples from computer and on Mpc they sound damn good, powerful and detailed.
And also I don't agree about the OS, at least in standalone.
You just have to change the way you work, if you come from daws.
It comes from a workflow which existed before any daw, so it's just another concept.
After 2 or 3 months of training, I finally got inside Mpc workflow and I really love it.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:26 pm
Frisbi wrote:It comes from a workflow which existed before any daw, so it's just another concept.

Desktop recording software was around before the MPC. The MPC was mainly used to sequence external gear and sync up to tape machines and desktop computers. Remember the MIDI standard came out in 1983 and the first MPC was 1988.

BeatWilson wrote:They should really just drop this update. It is taking a bit of time for this one...

Maybe they're rolling out the new driver for the MAC as well. Hopefully, the able video is just one of the updates for 2.7.
By optik415 Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:51 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:

All MPC's are digital. :lol:

Where did I say it wasn't? Read that part again