MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:54 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D and on that note lma keep very quiet lol

saltmcgault wrote:
I never understood what "Stop getting automatically offended when you see gold letters." meant until now. lol
By richie Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:04 am
The black MPC 1000 is more soulful and has better swing but the blue MPC 1000 has better bass.
By Eyalc Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:12 am
I used to think about which one sounds better. Then I realized I could make any of them sound the way I wanted to. And then I realized that people that sync my music, or buy my music, don’t care what I used. Then, I stopped caring which sounds better.

No disrespect to OP. Just contributing my .02 to the thread.
By Lampdog Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:10 pm
Danoc wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :-D and on that note lma keep very quiet lol

saltmcgault wrote:
I never understood what "Stop getting automatically offended when you see gold letters." meant until now. lol

Nah man, speak your mind.

Not everyone agrees with everyone all the time. Keeping it somewhat civil is key.
Speak your mind man, that’s what a forum is for.
By Danoc Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:57 pm
That sounds really convincing and good,last time l spoke my mind about Akai not making a straight up standalone my thread got pulled! I was civil but some started acting wild.
So l will stick to what l said.

Lampdog wrote:I never understood what "Stop getting automatically offended when you see gold letters." meant until now. lol

Lampdog wrote:Nah man, speak your mind.

Not everyone agrees with everyone all the time. Keeping it somewhat civil is key.
Speak your mind man, that’s what a forum is for.
By richie Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:32 pm
bees80 wrote:
richie wrote:The black MPC 1000 is more soulful and has better swing but the blue MPC 1000 has better bass.

:nod:

That's why JJ os excists!

:lol: I was joking man.
By JUKE 179r Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 am
I'm glad you were joking. I thought you really meant that. lol
By mr_debauch Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm
the best... they are all the best (sort of) ... the 4000 is really a good one when you sample into it.. take tons of samples and have everything mixed in and playing, it feels like loads of headroom sort of.. not sure what it is, but it has the room to fill the sound. I don't have one, but that was my impression anytime i have used one.

I find the mpc live is probably the grittiest model i find... it has a sort of boss SP thing going on with the fx it has... you wind up using them because they are there in the box and next thing you know you made another lo-fi hip hop track.