MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Im confused again...Ive been able to control multiple MIDI output channels..Multitimbraly (hope i spelled that right)

Im not using my X/Live as the Slave. But More of a Master Controller. And i can only use one Midi Controller at a time, because i only have two hands lol. So for me, Multi on the Input is useless.

The Mixer is a Mixer in my eyes. Seperate the channels, let me add effects, pan, volume, etc. I think some people want a Visually Satisfying Pretty Colorful Blinky Light type Mixer lol.

To me...Automation can be adjusted from different screens. Grid, List Edit, etc.

But at the end of the day, It all depends on what Attracted customers to the Units. For me..,..It was Standalone. And it has Excelled as a Standalone Workstation in my eyes.

If You Got Skills, you can make a Hit with a Bucket, Tree Branch and your Cellphone :lol:
By Menco Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:03 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Menco wrote:Off course it does so much more than most MPC’s, but too many things that just aren’t right yet. I don’t mind to workaround things, but now my workaround is using the 2500 and Logic, which I even like more than working with the Live. Messing with the Live also taught me that I rather have more tools that are very good at doing one thing, instead of working with one piece that does so many things halfass.

This is the All In One Printer scenario: You have a Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier but they're all mediocre at their job. Now the question is, are you using the 2500 with the Akai OS or with JJOS?

Exactly that.

I’m running JJOS1.
By Eyalc Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:59 pm
For me, the progression of the MPC and development focus is frustrating to watch. Even if they were integrating with Logic (my DAW of choice), I would still be sitting here like... :hmmm:

So many other things need attention... song mode, export issues, setting time signatures... things that are basic MPC functions (even on legacy models). But, I have Splice and Ableton integration. Like I always say, Akai just seems confused.

But from my perspective, this was the risk of wanting the MPC to act and function like a traditional DAW. I still love the MPC, still do what I do with it. But would rather see a different focus.
By zangetsu01 Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:03 pm
Man.. Not only here on this forum but also at gearslutz and Facebook.. No one (almost) wants the 2.7 features that has been leaked..

Damn.. Akai.. :smoker:
Bymember04959388 Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:08 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Man.. Not only here on this forum but also at gearslutz and Facebook.. No one (almost) wants the 2.7 features that has been leaked..

Damn.. Akai.. :smoker:

Yeah that's obvious.
I am quite sure the majority of people buyed Mpc to use it without computer.
What is the sense of buying a 1k dollars device to use it as a controller?
It seems Akai is really confused, I agree with that.
And they don't want to notice that there are a lot of people who are going back to grooveboxes for the fun of playing live electronic music.
Akai could easily win the competition with a perfectly working Mpc standalone.
But they work hard to make ableton integration.
They,are crazy, man.
By 40Beatz Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm
Thats probably why they pulled all the Plans for the 2.7 release lol. Akai probably Let go most of the 2.7 Beta Testers and Now they're gonna focus on 3.0 on the Next Model. Just in time for NAMM 2020
Bymember04959388 Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:46 pm
40Beatz wrote:Thats probably why they pulled all the Plans for the 2.7 release lol. Akai probably Let go most of the 2.7 Beta Testers and Now they're gonna focus on 3.0 on the Next Model. Just in time for NAMM 2020

I don't know if they have time to unveil new Mpc on Namm, but I really think it's coming soon.
Some hints: the total silence on forums; 2.7 not dropping on the 3 months roadmap Akai itself claimed before.
That would be not a bad news for me.
I would LOVE to have a 4gb or even better 8gb Mpc standalone.
It could have more complex fx, more polyphony on synths and maybe also a granular synth and it could run audiotracks without problems.
By zangetsu01 Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:01 pm
I might be one the few that use their MPC in controller mode and I enjoy it.. But I'm not goingto buy into a new MPC.. The world is not ready to see it.. And they are not ready to provide (software wise).
By 40Beatz Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:26 pm
If im not mistaken....Akai announced the MPC X/Live in Jan 2017. Just in time for the Winter Namm 2017..

Hmmm...3yrs Later...?????
By StanCollins Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:11 pm
I’ll have a look when I’m home.
Yeah did notice it’s just Ableton Control on the force.
Guess there’s a bit more work to do on arrangement mode.
Seems pretty good to me and have no issue with the beta.