MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JeriKo Jackson Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 am
:hmmm:

So 2.3 dropped Mid November 2018. It's not unreasonable to expect a fourth and final update for 2019. What do we know for sure? What do you think might sneak into the update we haven't seen or heard of yet? I heard some talk of a revamped mixer page. Thoughts?
By zangetsu01 Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:20 pm
The new mixer page is very welcome.. Cause if it looks like the one in the Akai Force it will look very clean and intuitive..

By IMAKEMADBEATS Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:05 pm
I'm beginning to suspect the new Ableton focused updates, the AIR Bundle in the previous updates, it's all to get around, deal with, or accept that the initial platform was built without consideration or PDC. Also molding it around an existing software with 10x more functionality would probably save them programming/engineering dollars.
By Eyalc Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:35 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:I'm beginning to suspect the new Ableton focused updates, the AIR Bundle in the previous updates, it's all to get around, deal with, or accept that the initial platform was built without consideration or PDC...

Yep. I’d like to be wrong, but their moves sure favor that perspective IMO.

PDC, proper song composition, among other things...

And that would be unfortunate, because it would basically leave the MPC in a half-baked state. I’ve been in the camp that they had no business trying to make the MPC a DAW to begin with. If they would have focused on pure MPC capabilities, they could have said “look, you want a full and proper DAW experience? Use a DAW - we integrate with Ableton”. And we would have one hell of a sequencer / sampler that had an integrated proper DAW option.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:24 am
Thanks.
I guess Akai like the layout of Ablive that ythey wish they would of thought of it. So Akai highly supports it.
Not a DAW for me though.
By Cockdiesel Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:58 am
How would you feel if the next update they offered Cubase control?

It’s a long shot, but I wNt to see your thoughts on just that one. Nothing else, just one of the random daws really.

Further the ones shit posting on Akai mpc software, maybe you should look at it from the aksys point of view. Besides the obvious sound shaping differences, you get almost 1 to 1 with the mpc software in standalone.

I didn’t see anyone here bitching about aksys not having audio tracks, pdc, the whole nine y’all **** about. It’s a utility to the operational use of the machine. It’s literally a 1 to 1 with a simpler machine like the 1000 or 2500 but with added effects, user interface., and audio tracks. How many here would kill for the chance to track out to a mpc 1000 or 2500?

As a standalone guy I can tell you that this software workflow warped some minds, it’s ok though ouch Akai.
By cmackg Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm
I’d like to see standalone midi maps, and fixing locator marks so they are set for each sequence. Basically more better standalone experience. Ability to edit automation in audio tracks would be killer - I keep accidentally writing automation and end up having to use the computer to fix them.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
Im Speculating, Its A Wrap for the X/Live as far as Meaningful Updates. I believe Akai is Gearing up for the Next Model and its support!

Sorry Guys...
By Lampdog Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 pm
Wasn't the marketing in the beginning "DAW-like".
Meaning not a DAW but has some DAW features so if looking to replace a DAW you'll be massively mistaken right?