MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bezo Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:11 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:How would you feel if the next update they offered Cubase control?

It’s a long shot, but I wNt to see your thoughts on just that one. Nothing else, just one of the random daws really...
As it would take them forever to add all the popular DAWs, I'd like to see some of what has been speculated; stick with Ableton, buy them and replace the MPC software with it.

The spin on that, if it were possible, is to make the Live/X overall more DAW friendly, rolling out scheduled feature sets for all popular DAWs simultaneously. And still abandon the MPC software.

I'd like them to pick a direction and run with it, making the hardware a priority.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 pm
CD you're going to laugh at this. Reason 11 also support ABLETON LIVE :lol: lol :nod: Ain't that a bytch lol
I forgot they always supported Ablive.

Cockdiesel wrote:How would you feel if the next update they offered Cubase control?

It’s a long shot, but I wNt to see your thoughts on just that one. Nothing else, just one of the random daws really.

Further the ones **** posting on Akai mpc software, maybe you should look at it from the aksys point of view. Besides the obvious sound shaping differences, you get almost 1 to 1 with the mpc software in standalone.

I didn’t see anyone here bitching about aksys not having audio tracks, pdc, the whole nine y’all **** about. It’s a utility to the operational use of the machine. It’s literally a 1 to 1 with a simpler machine like the 1000 or 2500 but with added effects, user interface., and audio tracks. How many here would kill for the chance to track out to a mpc 1000 or 2500?

As a standalone guy I can tell you that this software workflow warped some minds, it’s ok though ouch Akai.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:26 pm
I suggested multiple time...Akai should release TWO Separate Firmware Updates. One geared toward Software integradibility. (is that a word?). And the Other one Geared toward Hardware functionality Updates.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:38 pm
Do you use the software more or the hardware?
Me, definitely the hardware.

40Beatz wrote:I suggested multiple time...Akai should release TWO Separate Firmware Updates. One geared toward Software integradibility. (is that a word?). And the Other one Geared toward Hardware functionality Updates.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:28 pm
I use the Hardware mostly. However...I treat FL Studio as an External Sound Module. A Heavy Multi VSTi'd Sound Module lol. I figured When i use the MPC Software, I still would have to Bounce my VSTi Tracks to Audio in Standalone anyways. So I might as well Stick to FL as a Multi Timbural Rack, and sample my VSTi tracks As either Audio Tracks or Chopped up Drum/Keygroup Programs. Basically I do the same thing with my Motif Rack.
By Danoc Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Ok, cool. I see how you're setup. Thanks for answering.
Peace

40Beatz wrote:I use the Hardware mostly. However...I treat FL Studio as an External Sound Module. A Heavy Multi VSTi'd Sound Module lol. I figured When i use the MPC Software, I still would have to Bounce my VSTi Tracks to Audio in Standalone anyways. So I might as well Stick to FL as a Multi Timbural Rack, and sample my VSTi tracks As either Audio Tracks or Chopped up Drum/Keygroup Programs. Basically I do the same thing with my Motif Rack.
By zangetsu01 Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:52 pm
Let's move on.. You can forget about the new mixer.. What you guys have seen in the leaked video is related to the Ableton link mixer..

By Monotremata Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Let's move on.. You can forget about the new mixer.. What you guys have seen in the leaked video is related to the Ableton link mixer..

Maybe that's the new 1:1 track mixer or something coming in 3.0?? Weird though, I wonder why there's a 'volume' tab and then another 'pan and volume' tab right next to it..
By mr_debauch Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:05 pm
well, if i cared about using ableton, this would not be the way i'd do it. I speculate they will probably dump piles of resource on that anyways, but it would be nice if they cleaned up their own UI before working on ways for users to leave it for a more developed one.
By lobit Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 pm
I agree with Eyalc on this one.. the features I want to see that I feel are missing are mostly sampler/ sequencer/ hardware MPC related, not daw related.
By 40Beatz Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:49 pm
Told Y'all awhile ago....Its more than likely a Wrap.

Remember, we can always revert back to lower versions of the Firmware, after installing Newer Versions.

If Akai Fixed everything in "2.7", Nobody will want to buy Version "3.0" in the Next Model MPCs.

Its Pure Marketing Strategy! If "2.7" comes out, it'll be a Minor Update, in my opinion....HOPEFULLY IM WRONG!!!
By zangetsu01 Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Monotremata wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Let's move on.. You can forget about the new mixer.. What you guys have seen in the leaked video is related to the Ableton link mixer..

Maybe that's the new 1:1 track mixer or something coming in 3.0?? Weird though, I wonder why there's a 'volume' tab and then another 'pan and volume' tab right next to it..

No its’s just a screen shot from the force.. Dan Said that it will also land on the MPC at 3.0 but when everybody said that they saw a new mixer in 2.7 I thought it was it..

But now I’ve learned that it has to do with Ableton Link.. Not the buildin mixer..