MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:07 pm
Stoked!

Been a Live user for a while and I love that thing.

There's a big store in Helsinki that sells a lot of music gear and whatnot, and they always put their stuff that's been on display as a test unit on their retail section.
Well, they had X for 989 EUR there – normal price 1799 EUR.
I could not pass up on that one.

So, another X owner here!

I feel Akai has been making nice progress with Live/X and I hope they continue to do so, so happy about owning this one, too.

Cheers!
By zangetsu01 Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:18 pm
Welcome to our ranks Fanu.. You’ll won’t be dissapointed
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 am
Damn Fanu you got blessed!
By smellypants Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:21 am
If the Ableton integration is good it will be even better, we'll finally have our delay compensation for MPC workflow :)
By Cockdiesel Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:17 am
Light um up fanu. With this new ableton integration Akai should be paying you to make the product better.
Much respect, keep turning out the jams,
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:31 pm
Hahaaha lol l bet you got that big ass coolaid smile behind that X lol

That baby looks clean. Thing looks huge, a beautiful machine. After you finish your album in 2020 you'll start the next one on the X?

Fanu wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ksru9FuYd/

Thanks ya'll! A happy camper here :)
Looking fwd to what Akai has in store for sure.
By Danoc Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:41 pm
Man buck that and be REALISTIC and get the gold MPC X :lol: You only live once! :mrgreen:

Unreallystic wrote:I always keep it a buck...
Akai is tempting me harder than they should with the gold MPC X. The gold MPC Live was "meh", but the gold X? FAM :worthy:

And I can get the 15% off on it, bringing it to under 2k w/ taxes...I'm trying to be responsible here...
- Unreall
By Fanu Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:51 pm
Danoc wrote:Hahaaha lol l bet you got that big ass coolaid smile behind that X lol

That baby looks clean. Thing looks huge, a beautiful machine. After you finish your album in 2020 you'll start the next one on the X?

Gots to be done :)
Also got an Akai s900 in the mail, so wanna try the X as a combo with it…s900 for crusty beats and the X for sample work!
By saltmcgault Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:42 pm
i’m excited for you. throw something up in the forums when you get use to that thing.