MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bwhit85 Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:06 am
Last night I was working on a project on my MPC live and after I tapped on a pad all the lights under the pads and all the buttons turned off and it immediately took me to the project load screen. I figured it wasn’t anything big so I restarted it. Unfortunately it has not been able to start back up normally as the lights still do not turn on and once it gets to the load screen it immediately shuts down. Has anyone encountered this? I don’t know what to do and I really don’t want to think that this thing is broken. I don’t use it harshly and I take very good care of it therefore I don’t think it’s on my part, but if someone could shed some light on the issue I would greatly appreciate it thank you .
By morph860 Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:35 pm
Bwhit85 wrote:Last night I was working on a project on my MPC live and after I tapped on a pad all the lights under the pads and all the buttons turned off and it immediately took me to the project load screen. I figured it wasn’t anything big so I restarted it. Unfortunately it has not been able to start back up normally as the lights still do not turn on and once it gets to the load screen it immediately shuts down. Has anyone encountered this? I don’t know what to do and I really don’t want to think that this thing is broken. I don’t use it harshly and I take very good care of it therefore I don’t think it’s on my part, but if someone could shed some light on the issue I would greatly appreciate it thank you .

Do you already have the latest firmware installed on it? If not, give that a try to see if it helps.