MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rcmusic35 Fri May 22, 2020 5:52 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Rcmusic35 wrote:Mono> why are you denying the AMT8 is working right of the box with LINUX (so with actual mpc) ? didn't you read over GS? It's not weird, it's not magical. AMT8 is supported by Linux.

Who said I was denying it. Did I not post a **** picture of it working in another thread here and on Gearslutz?? That means IT WORKS dumbass. I dont think anyone was arguing anything about it.

As for the AMT being supported by Linux.. Were you even old enough to be making music 20+ years ago when the AMT8 was released?? NOBODY MADE THINGS FOR LINUX BACK THEN. Nowhere on the box (that I STILL have) does it mention Linux anywhere. Nowhere in the manual does it mention Linux (but there is a nice section on the Mac and another section for Windows setup). Not once did Emagic ever tell people 'Oh by the way it also works in Linux' back in 1999. The unit was not 'designed' for Linux, it just happens to work with it.

Not really sure why you choose to bother with a comment like that anyways. Who cares, the point was that it works and was never advertised. Do you not comprehend English that well or are you just trying to bandwagon and jump into the mix with the rest of the idiots trying to start **** on GS?

I'm maybe older than you. 2O years ago i was making music since 14 years, and i started at 13, will you be smart enough to know my age.
what a bad guy, almost your posts everywhere are full of negativity.

I did not say AMT8 was designed for linux, i said it was supported by linux!! :lol: :lol:
By Rcmusic35 Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 pm
More, you are so bad, that you don't even read right: I'm saying you are denying the fact that the amt8 IS WORKING RIGHT OF THE BOX, WITHOUT ANY DRIVER on MPC because MPC is Under linux and that linux supports AMT8. Your answer is: "Did I not post a **** picture of it working in another thread here and on Gearslutz?? That means IT WORKS dumbass. I dont think anyone was arguing anything about it."
I'm not saying you said "it's NOT Working", just read. Go on with insulting, that's all you know actually.
By Elektrobolt Sat May 23, 2020 5:14 am
I am using this one: https://www.amazon.com/midiplus-MIDI-8x ... 07488Q15T/

Bit pricy, but you get 8 out and 8 in, in one little box. I use another 4x4 as well. All input ports are connected to MIDI quad merge boxes and all output ports are connected to MIDI quad split boxes.

It is now an extremely slick setup. I have not had time really to play with it a whole lot, but I see some time coming up for myself and my little MIDInions. :).
By Monotremata Sat May 23, 2020 4:54 pm
Elektrobolt wrote:I am using this one: https://www.amazon.com/midiplus-MIDI-8x ... 07488Q15T/

Bit pricy, but you get 8 out and 8 in, in one little box. I use another 4x4 as well. All input ports are connected to MIDI quad merge boxes and all output ports are connected to MIDI quad split boxes.

It is now an extremely slick setup. I have not had time really to play with it a whole lot, but I see some time coming up for myself and my little MIDInions. :).

I was looking at those, but never heard of the brand or anything so I wasn't too sure about dropping money on one. They make a big ass 16x16 one too that looked killer! Thats pretty damn cheap for an 8x8 interface, you'll pay at least twice that for a brand new MOTU/Mio/ESI. And MOTUs Im pretty sure won't work at all with em, but they still have serious issues with SysEx data and whatnot anyways so avoid them now.
By bees80 Sun May 24, 2020 8:54 am
Monotremata wrote:Umm ooooo. kaaaay.. Can I have some of what youre smoking? It might be better than this OG I got right now.

Not a big kush fan, but i got this new one called ''enemy'' (true story). It's starting to fit the mood of this topic :)
By Ntuition Tue May 26, 2020 7:31 pm
So Sweetwater is going to let me exchange (and not return :( ) the motu midi express xt for the mio xl for a small price. I didnt even get around to testing the motu because I'm limited on time. Keeping my fingers crossed on the mio xl but it if doesnt work I will be able to return it. Thanks for giving me some other options incuding the AMT, midisport, and midiplus.

Regardless, time will be my nemesis for a while. Trying to balance work career, 3 small kids, marriage and music is a ****! People always think I'm being distant, anti-social or whatever but music is part of my self care biaaatches!! :smoker:
By Ntuition Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:52 pm
Yo! The Mio xl works perfectly when the MPC is in stand alone mode. It’s an expensive piece but the build quality seems very good and it looks nice rack mounted. My keyboards and rack modules will now get the second life they deserve!
By soundsafoolmusic Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:36 pm
Ntuition wrote:Yo! The Mio xl works perfectly when the MPC is in stand alone mode. It’s an expensive piece but the build quality seems very good and it looks nice rack mounted. My keyboards and rack modules will now get the second life they deserve!

Wow.. many thanks for posting this my old midi interface died at the weekend and I need a new one. I was looking to see if I can use this with my mpc live to drive all my kit in standalone and then use rtp for when I use my Daw

Been looking for the answer for last 3 days and here it is. Thanks :worthy: