MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Boombude Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:08 pm
Hey,

I have a Focusrite 18i8 3d Gen. and I am using my Mpc Live in standalone. Cause I love using the MPC in standalone without the MPC software, but I also want to use all of my VST Plugins, I routed every channel out of my Mpc into FL Studio. There I assign every output of the MPC to a mixer channel.

So far, everything is working fine, but I have some more questions according to the output options of the Mpc. At the moment I got 3 channels usable, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. I am wondering, if it's possible to use more channels. At the output options, I could also assign single outputs like 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. Am I correct, that I am using Stereo on the channels at the moment? Could I also use the outputs alone, making it mono?

So I want to use it like this for example:

Out / Inst

1,2 (stereo) : Main Sample
3: Kickdrum
4: Snares and Hihats
5: 808
Etc.

Can I make the Hihats panning from left to right within a mono channel for example?

Also I experienced that FL Studio is like shutting off my selected pans in the Mpc. So, cause I am using every channel in stereo atm, I connect every sample sound to the main sample outputs (1 and 2). Now I have to use Pan in FL Studios and I let the sample pan from left to right for example. Now I got the problems that an additional sample on the same output, like an one shot, that's panned to right for example, follows the FL Studio Pan. So while the main sample is panning left, I got the one shot sample on the left monitor, panned to right. Normally this problem could be solved, if I use the outputs in mono right?

I hope my problem is understandable and you can help me. Cause I am new to using all outputs on the mpc, I am open to advices.

Thanks and have a nice day
By Monotremata Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:33 pm
Yeah you can use mono, just pick 1,2,3, etc instead of 1-2, 3-4.. Thats how Im using mine. Really wish I had more but 6 is doable. I keep 1-2 for a stereo mix, and use 3-6 as mono tracks for the stuff I want to run through my hardware effects usually the kick and snare, maybe a bass line or a couple mono background loops.. Use my Emu the same way. The 5000 only has 4 outputs so its 4 mono instruments for me. If there's a pad or something that NEEDS it then Ill use a stereo pair, but that also means I have to leave something else pre-mixed in the stereo mix in the MPC instead of getting overdriven Emu goodness.

If you're looking at panning things, and you're running mono tracks, you either need to leave them assigned to like the MPCs main stereo outputs, or you would be doing your panning in whatever mixer the track is running to. If its coming out of a mono output, there's no more panning inside the MPC for that track.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:40 pm
1,2 (stereo) : Main Sample Yes
3: Kickdrum Yes
4: Snares and Hihats Yes
5: 808 Yes
Etc.

Can I make the Hihats panning from left to right within a mono channel for example?
Left to right would be stereo, 2 channels.

I feel like you are making this harder than it really is.

If you need stereo movement (left <->right) then use stereo L-R, 1-2 or 3-4 or 5-6.
If you need mono use L, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

The outputs are physically MONO.

If you have a stereo sample you will get options L-R, 1-2 or 3-4 or 5-6.
If you have a mono sample you will get options L, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

You can also use Left and Right as 2 mono outputs or 1 stereo pair if need be. Many people do that on older hardware mpc's already.
By AureleD Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:03 pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope it's ok to ask my quest here,

It's been one day I can not mono output 4 audio tracks... ;

I selected output 1 for track 1, Output 2 for track 2, output 3 for track 3, etc.

When I hit play all my 4 tracks are mixed together into output 1 and 2.

I can not find solutions for this and start to getting mad about it. I have the feeling that the solution might be VERY obvious but despite reading manuals, forums & tuto I am still stuck here!

Any help would be very appreciated :worthy: Thank you so much!

A.