MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Redstevo Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:29 pm
Hi, I have a song with 4 sequences and I can’t work out how to mute the audio tracks on some sequences but not others - is this possible or should I create samples instead? Cheers
By NearTao Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:45 pm
Redstevo wrote:Hi, I have a song with 4 sequences and I can’t work out how to mute the audio tracks on some sequences but not others - is this possible or should I create samples instead? Cheers

Have you tried track mute yet?
By Monotremata Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:12 am
Redstevo wrote:Hi, I have a song with 4 sequences and I can’t work out how to mute the audio tracks on some sequences but not others - is this possible or should I create samples instead? Cheers

I still haven't played with track mute yet but I think you just have to take the audio files out of those sequences. For whatever reason MIDI and program tracks mute per sequence but audio is global across the whole project. Mute it in one sequence, you've muted the entire audio track altogether.
By Dompires Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 pm
Hello, what I found is, you, can’t Mute a copied áudio Track Between sequences, you have to erase the áudio track inside each sequence in order to make it work as you are trying to do. Maybe there is a BetteR workaround but I didn’t find.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:02 pm
Monotremata wrote:

I still haven't played with track mute yet but I think you just have to take the audio files out of those sequences. For whatever reason MIDI and program tracks mute per sequence but audio is global across the whole project. Mute it in one sequence, you've muted the entire audio track altogether.

I believe that this is because in MPC, you only have eight audio tracks across the project and they are shared across sequences in a similar manner to how plugins are shared across sequences.
By Richard Simmonds Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:29 pm
Learn Music Tech wrote:You can set the parameter: program volume to 0 in the step sequencer for the audio track in that sequence. This is actually cool because you can set different volume levels for each sequence.

Thanks for this!