MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:02 am
He did good.
By wavejockey Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:09 am
i don't get what a [picture of a ] BD head has to do with a (drum) synt but probably i'm nitpickin'
(i didn't see any of those in the Waldorf Attack drum synt)
By justineastwick Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:11 pm
In my opinion, this is what the MPC Live is missing. I don’t really mess with the other three built-in synths, but I would’ve taken this one over the other three in a heartbeat.
By EnochLight Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Just noticed dude used "pinch" gesture to zoom in wtf. Cannot wait for this next update.

Wait - which video was that in? Are you sure he didn't have the Magnifying Glass selected? We've been able to pinch to zoom on waveforms in the sample editor since forever...
Bymember04959388 Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:44 pm
justineastwick wrote:In my opinion, this is what the MPC Live is missing. I don’t really mess with the other three built-in synths, but I would’ve taken this one over the other three in a heartbeat.

I would take a grain synth over drum synth and the other three.
But it's very nice they add a drum synth.
Also with Electric you can obtain very interesting percussive sounds if you tweak parameters a bit.
By Bezo Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:33 pm
Having more than enough drum samples and VIs, a drum synth is lowest on my wish list, especially if it isn't multi-output. Cool for those that are into it, and hopefully it means more instruments are coming. I'd love to see the rest of the Air line come to the MPC.
By JeriKo Jackson Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:13 am
EnochLight wrote:
JeriKo Jackson wrote:Just noticed dude used "pinch" gesture to zoom in wtf. Cannot wait for this next update.

Wait - which video was that in? Are you sure he didn't have the Magnifying Glass selected? We've been able to pinch to zoom on waveforms in the sample editor since forever...

You may be rightght about the tool he had selected. It was while Nick was still in arranger just before he switches to the drum synth. Yeah pinch zoom in sample edit, but not grid edit... Why?
By c-real Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Bezo wrote:Having more than enough drum samples and VIs, a drum synth is lowest on my wish list, especially if it isn't multi-output. Cool for those that are into it, and hopefully it means more instruments are coming. I'd love to see the rest of the Air line come to the MPC.

I completely agree. It won't be logical to provide a drum plugin without multi-out capability. Hardware routing would be dope (route your kick drum to out 1, snare to out 2, etc.), virtual routing would already be cool (kind of sub-track for each drum, or route to submixes but this will prevent us to use them for anything else), so that we could at least audio-export each of the individual drums of the Drum Synth. We'll see...
By bees80 Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm
Exciting! Today i was telling a friend that i'd like to get my hands on an analog rythm one day but this is promosing. Hope this will sound good!