MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm
I know this scenario is not Multi Timbural but, I have my Motif Classic as a Midi Controller. and i can actually switch the MPC Active Track from the Front panel of my Motif. Real Quick Track changing.

But then again...its just me in the spot, makin beats. I only have two hands lol. I could make a lot of Money if i could control 3 or more Midi Instruments at a time. Im a Single Timbural operator lol.
By lordradish Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Agreed. I think people just wanna hook **** up.

I think I remember reading somewhere someone wanted to connect the Live with X.
:Sigh: :WTF:

Same guys who have 10 drum machines, and all they do is sample records. Then they say, they all have a different sound. I'm like.......not that different a little eq can't fix. :lol: :popcorn:

How about us guys that have 3 or 4 hardware synths and pretty much play stuff live? I mean, it called LIVE, right?
By Lampdog Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 am
Monotremata wrote:
NearTao wrote:It's a nice feature on the other MPCs that do support it for sure.

The only one that does out of the box is the MPC4000. The rest of them were all OMNI mode until you went JJOS on your 1000/2500.

2kxl... :-D

4k... :-D
By TheDoctor Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:43 pm
I can understand why some people think not many people will use.
Atm I won't use much but it can be useful for a lot of people that actually don't use an mpc.
An easy idea will be to bring with you the Live and a Novation Launch XL(but honestly any small controller) so you could map fader to your tracks and have a clip program where you launch clip while you play live a drum program on the MPC. With a controller with banks like the Novation Launch XL you could store a good amount of clip. Nice powerful and portable set up.

With the auto sample function a band could literally hook up everything on the MPC. You could hook up mic, guitar mic, you can have 2 people with 2 midi keyboard play their auto sample instrument and one of them will control different things on the MPC or even better Force.

A lot of people make music on keys and use workstation or something like this. They like big keybed and play 2 instruments at the same time. Usually this keyboard have easy midi mapping and split for the keyboard. So they can have a nice template with their favourite preset and use the MPC like a sound module with their workstation and decide what bring into what.

It will also help to speed up some workflow. Your synth guy could have an X, hook his 4 synth, press overdub and play one synth after another or 2 whatever while the MPC is on the Looper and when he's ready he can press record or ideally with a foot pedal record his guitar. I mean that is a super smooth workflow.

I don't think these kind of people own an MPC and I think multitimbral will help to sell more MPC/Force.
By 40Beatz Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 pm
lordradish wrote:
CharlesRandolph wrote:ON TOPIC:

Once the MIDI request is fulfilled. How many people would actually use it? :-D .

I will, just about every time I sit down at my synths.

Sit down at your Synths or Midi Controllers?

The X/Live can control Multiple Synths....Easily

I think the Midi requests are from people who want Multiple Controllers, Controlling the X/Live at the Same time....(which is weird to me lol)
By Lampdog Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Lampdog wrote:2kxl... :-D

4k... :-D

Was looking em up the other night and I think the 3000 did too?

JeriKo Jackson wrote:Correctmundo.

I stated 2kxl and 4k because I own them and have used midi extensively on them.
Used 3k multi-midi also but I don't own a 3k.
By 40Beatz Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 pm
legs mechanical wrote:
40Beatz wrote:I know this scenario is not Multi Timbural but, I have my Motif Classic as a Midi Controller. and i can actually switch the MPC Active Track from the Front panel of my Motif. Real Quick Track changing.

legs mechanical wrote:How? That sounds really useful.

On my front panel of the Classic...towards the right, where it says Track Select. It seems to control the 1st Sixteen Tracks(Separately) of the X, when selected. Im using Standard Midi Cables from the Motif to the X
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:03 am
legs mechanical wrote:

How? That sounds really useful.

I did a quick Lil video of how to do it. Again this may already be a known option on any Midi Controller tho