MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SOULMAN Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 pm
Hello

I have a mpc live and I use the software mpc 2.0 without problem .... I also have the renaissance which works perfectly .... the sound machine recognized by the software

I just bought the mpc x and nothing the software is not recognized that it is necessary that I do ??? a driver ??? i'm on mac. software 2.6. mpcx firmware 2.6

in the info under the firmware it surfacecontrol .... the number is not the same on the live as on the x

Thanks for you help :worthy: :)
By Monotremata Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 am
What OS on your Mac though.. 2.6 doesn't work in Catalina period, and 2.7 broke alot of peoples computer connections on Mojave and under. Mine happens to work great with 2.7 and Mojave, but lots of folks cant get it to connect to the software, it still works as an audio/midi device though. What version of the firmware is the Live running if its different than the X?
By SOULMAN Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 am
My mac os yosemite 10.10 on mac mini
my versions of the soft mpc 2 is 2.6

opens perfectly with mpc live and mpc rennaissance ....in the preference menu in info

you have the firmware number below the serial number ... and "control surface" MPC LIVE v.1.11

& on the MPC X "CONTROL SURFACE
v 0.50

how do you get your version of the surface control is it included in the firmware ?????

thank you very much for your help
is it necessary that I register my mpc x on my account akai ... I do not understand .... sincerely

I remember that at a certain stage in the update of the soft of the icons of the machines appear or it is necessary to choose mpc ren. mpc live. mpc x ...
You see what I mean ...? https://ibb.co/m4TqRF7
By Monotremata Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 am
Yeah right there is where you choose your MPC and it installs the driver for that MPC. You just need to run the MPC Software installer, pick the X and on the next screen click on 'Install MPC X Driver', or whatever it says for it. You dont need to reinstall the MPC Software, just the driver for the X.