MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By The KikGen Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:43 pm
I posted that yesterday in the "Mpc live X and Force hacking modding custom" FB group.
Yes. Used for the Ableton controller feature mainly. The script checks/filters serial number and USB PID/VID.
So only Akai controller allowed but the MKII at development stage...

The MKII was a pure speculation until now...even at the NAMM 10 days ago, they NEVER told about a new MPC Live...So this is a leak (but not a big one as a MKII release was predictible whatever - 3 years product cycle....).

The Force , X and Live "leaks" were not true leaks . Simply some documents related to the FCC compliance...which are generally publicly available ! But they were effectively published before the commercial release of these products. So, they learn more about the FCC compliance process in an internet world !

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/
(Inmusic FFC id is Y40)

More fun : The early Force developement code was ADA2 "Boris The Turtle"
https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore/
By EnochLight Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:01 pm
mennis-prime wrote:BTW, the Live has been sold out at most music stores in Europe and Sweetwater for some time now.

Still in stock and ready to ship at Guitar Center:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Profe ... ve&index=1

The KikGen wrote:Again in the last 2.72 version released , and in the MPC binary this time....

Nice find! Maybe we'll see an MK2 in late 2020 afterall?
By EnochLight Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Monotremata wrote:I gotta go look up Guitar Center's return policy now. This thing better not come out like next week with CV/Gates or Im gonna be pissed hah.

Looks like you have 45 days to return at Guitar Center (it's categorized under "Production and Groove"):

https://www.guitarcenter.com/pages/return-policy
By Monotremata Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Damn Im already out then, I was hoping it was 90 haha. Think I got it the very first week of December. I bought the little 2 year extra warranty thingy though, and it was on a GC credit card, maybe there's a new version loophole haha. Im good with the Live already, but if a new one drop thats exactly the same but with CV, I could've integrated my modular without anything else involved..
By EnochLight Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:42 pm
Monotremata wrote:Damn Im already out then, I was hoping it was 90 haha. Think I got it the very first week of December. I bought the little 2 year extra warranty thingy though, and it was on a GC credit card, maybe there's a new version loophole haha. Im good with the Live already, but if a new one drop thats exactly the same but with CV, I could've integrated my modular without anything else involved..

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you with the additional 2-year warranty? Sweetwater offers the 2-year additional for free.
By Monotremata Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:34 am
EnochLight wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Damn Im already out then, I was hoping it was 90 haha. Think I got it the very first week of December. I bought the little 2 year extra warranty thingy though, and it was on a GC credit card, maybe there's a new version loophole haha. Im good with the Live already, but if a new one drop thats exactly the same but with CV, I could've integrated my modular without anything else involved..

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you with the additional 2-year warranty? Sweetwater offers the 2-year additional for free.

I think it was like $1049 or something altogether? I asked the guy if he could do $1000 out the door, and he started his spiel. Somehow he couldn't lower the price of the Live, but when I got a two year warranty it magically discounted down heh. Reminded me of the last time I bought a guitar there, and the guy told me he was 'gonna throw in the Fender gig bag for free' when that thing comes in the damn box with it.
By EnochLight Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:35 pm
Monotremata wrote:I think it was like $1049 or something altogether? I asked the guy if he could do $1000 out the door, and he started his spiel. Somehow he couldn't lower the price of the Live, but when I got a two year warranty it magically discounted down heh. Reminded me of the last time I bought a guitar there, and the guy told me he was 'gonna throw in the Fender gig bag for free' when that thing comes in the damn box with it.

Hah! Yeah, shopping at Guitar Center often feels like going to a seedy used car dealership. Still, $1049 out the door with a 2-year additional warranty isn't bad. Sweetwater sells the Live new for $999 USD with a 2-year warranty, so depending on your state taxes, it's right around that price out the door.
By Monotremata Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:59 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Monotremata wrote:I think it was like $1049 or something altogether? I asked the guy if he could do $1000 out the door, and he started his spiel. Somehow he couldn't lower the price of the Live, but when I got a two year warranty it magically discounted down heh. Reminded me of the last time I bought a guitar there, and the guy told me he was 'gonna throw in the Fender gig bag for free' when that thing comes in the damn box with it.

Hah! Yeah, shopping at Guitar Center often feels like going to a seedy used car dealership. Still, $1049 out the door with a 2-year additional warranty isn't bad. Sweetwater sells the Live new for $999 USD with a 2-year warranty, so depending on your state taxes, it's right around that price out the door.

Yeah I was laughing about it on the way home. I ended up getting it for basically what I wanted to pay, AND I got a two year extra warranty thrown in with it. Maybe their markup is really ridiculous on it or something. I almost didn't get it after all. I couldn't get the card on my own, so the misses co-signed on it. They made me call in to get approved and the lady on the phone (after putting me on hold for like an hour) comes back and says she got me approved for a $1000 limit. STOKED I ran to get the Live the day the card showed up. Dude rings me up and goes 'Your limit is only $500' WTF??? Made him call the credit company and they bumped me up to $1200 right there and I came home with the ONE Live the store finally got in stock heh. Its almost paid off already, maybe Ill just go get a MKII when its all freed up again hahaha.
By EnochLight Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:15 pm
Monotremata wrote:maybe Ill just go get a MKII when its all freed up again hahaha.

I've already got an ad pre-built on Reverb.com to sell my Live if the MK2 appears soon - LOL! :lol:
Bymember04959388 Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:49 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Monotremata wrote:maybe Ill just go get a MKII when its all freed up again hahaha.

I've already got an ad pre-built on Reverb.com to sell my Live if the MK2 appears soon - LOL! :lol:

I am starting to think that this Live mk2 could be a Live/X replacement, more buttons and qlinks then Live and with 8 outputs and cv like X.
It could have the price of Live1 or slightly more.
This way Akai would have a cheap entry level (One) and a pro level (Live mk2).
Two units as before but with a cheaper price range.
The more I think about that, the more it makes sense.
By kaydigi Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:39 am
Frisbi wrote:
EnochLight wrote:

I am starting to think that this Live mk2 could be a Live/X replacement, more buttons and qlinks then Live and with 8 outputs and cv like X.

I’m all in for MPC X fire sale.
By Danoc Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:38 pm
Lets see if it makes sense to Akai.

Frisbi wrote:I am starting to think that this Live mk2 could be a Live/X replacement, more buttons and qlinks then Live and with 8 outputs and cv like X.
Bymember04959388 Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm
Danoc wrote:Lets see if it makes sense to Akai.

Frisbi wrote:I am starting to think that this Live mk2 could be a Live/X replacement, more buttons and qlinks then Live and with 8 outputs and cv like X.

Ahah no man, Akai is always been unpredictable. All is possible but I was thinking about that looking the trend of the market where it seems every brand is competing with cheapest prices possible.
So maybe also Akai.
Let's see.
But the lack of an X mk2 is suspicious.
By Tabletop Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 pm
Just bored and speculating rn...

If I had to guess, the Live II is going to be smaller. Seems like a trend, for good reason, to make smaller devices (think Volcas, TE PO's & OPZ, 101/707, blackbox, etc)

Slightly smaller dimensions, more RAM, battery, tilt screen, smaller pads, more room for q's and a few dedicated buttons. midi fix, disc streaming so everyone will be happy, add CV...

Might be a winner... But would you buy it??!