MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kalou Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:15 pm
elstebbano wrote:my gf wrote them an email 2 weeks ago when it will come out, but they weirdly haven‘t responded yet^^

Yeh, I guess they're not going to be too forthcoming with info about it and potentially hamper MPC One sales. I saw someone on FB say their local Guitar Center said they wouldn't have the Live in stock till late May, so maybe that's the refresh.
Bymember04959388 Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:56 pm
Kalou wrote:
elstebbano wrote:my gf wrote them an email 2 weeks ago when it will come out, but they weirdly haven‘t responded yet^^

Yeh, I guess they're not going to be too forthcoming with info about it and potentially hamper MPC One sales. I saw someone on FB say their local Guitar Center said they wouldn't have the Live in stock till late May, so maybe that's the refresh.

Yeah it makes sense.
Now they push One, after 3 months they will push Two.
It makes sense.
By Danoc Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 am
hellnegative wrote:For a Live MK2, I'd like to see all the extra buttons from the MPC One added to it (Maybe laid out in a row at the bottom), the Q Link knobs showing what each knob does when you touch them (little banner popping out to the left on screen next to the buttons), more inputs (for connecting synths), and 16 step sequencer located at the bottom (similar to the TR8S and SP1 layout). If not separate sequencer buttons, at least be able to have the pad sequencer play from top to bottom instead of from bottom to top.

Akai is like <-------- WTF :WTF: DOES THAT GUY WANT? :Sigh:

:lol: just get the X!
By Xtopher Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 am
Have any of you considered that maybe a Live 2 would have been announced at the same time as the One, but the coronavirus was already shutting down production at that time and only one unit could be launched? There are still not many One’s arriving in the channel, and the Live is waaaaaay off from availability. Also, the Live was blown out over Xmas at a lower price and there haven’t been any available since around the time the One was announced.

Pure speculation, of course! And allegedly Live pre orders are going to be fulfilled, so I wouldn’t expect a Live 2 anytime soon. It’s not like they are going to keep building a discontinued product.
By Monotremata Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:13 pm
Makes perfect sense.. Akai showed it off at NAMM expecting to have it shipping shortly after. The coronavirus hit like either the weekend of NAMM or the very next one. It was literally right when the Chinese New Year was ending and everyone was supposed to be coming back to work, which would've put a stop to all the new gear everyone was hoping to release right at the beginning of February.

When the virus first hit, our factory workers were given like an extra 2 weeks of holiday before they were supposed to come back to work, which meant all the crap we were expecting through January never showed up. After that was then they began making everyone work from home. That doesn't help when you need to manufacture parts in a factory! Its just now BARELY trickling in like one container at a time and we got some pissed off folks that have been waiting over 2 months for simple parts for their appliances. This was shit that was already manufactured too and waiting to be shipped to us. If they didn't have the Live MK IIs already in production at the time, its gonna take awhile before any are ever going to see the light of day.
By NearTao Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:19 pm
Great explanation Monotremata, this is also why companies often decline to give hard dates for things that are not literally right around the corner... you just never know when something upsets the supply chain and then tweaking customer due to unmet expectations.