MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:09 pm
mrrafs wrote:
40Beatz wrote:Im Able to do this from the Browser Page with the Audition turned on?

For me I hear the expansion program preview .mp3. Not the same as hearing the instrument in the track, at the right, time, with the song notes in key.

Even if you select the Little Wave Symbol? With the "Sync" enabled in the Audition Window?
By johnnytravels Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:46 pm
I would expect from disc streaming a better approach to file handling, a closer connection between files in my library and files in a project. I know it’s how it’s always been (or even more complicated) but I really want to be able to save my projects without all the files I have loaded from my ssd anyway (plus all the keygroups I didn’t use in the project and forgot to delete before saving the project).
By Purusha Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:54 am
What I really want from disk streaming (for at least a couple of projects), is to be able to use stems from a daw and play them back on-stage. Currently I’m using Ableton for that. I want to be able to apply dub style effects via either a desk or a controller. Possibly mixing those stems with midi and audio clips and loops. Hardware synths, percussions & guitars played over the top.

I could use a laptop with Ableton, but would rather have a dedicated tougher system, with in-built controller knobs / sliders which I can rely on.

If MPC or Force would give me that, I’d be very happy, but I don’t absolutely expect it from them.
By Parialated Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm
member04959388 wrote:Ahah now you drop the bomb.
It's not important for me but I can see people using keygroups heavily are waiting for it to ease the cpu and free ram.
Anyway many people talk about it like a magic stick to solve all Mpc limitations.
In my opinion, limitations can be solved putting a new motherboard with better cpu and more ram.
But I never run out of memory so take my opinions as very personal and related to my personal workflow

Funny you say this cause i was googling last week to find out if people upgraded components of their mpc live/x like the processor and motherboard and ram, maybe people know if thats even possible etc.and what components the mpc live/x uses, but i could not find on post about that, its all about replacing pads and knobs... but i was wondering is there a way to upgrade the mpc from a processing, ram standpoint....
By Ultros Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:03 am
I think the idea is stupid because what you gain in free ram you lose in cpu cycles doing i/o functions.

The way akai is doing it now is correct, waste the ram and dont disk thrash the sd or sata disk. What this generation of mpc could really use is more ram but the chip is soldered on the SoC and not the easiest thing for the regular or not so regular person to remove and replace.

The cpu interacts more efficiently with decompressed data in memory than it does reading and translating on the fly. Keep in mind its a relatively weak 32bit arm 7 chipset with a measly quadcore. Akai (inMusic) has actually given you folks a lot of power out of a really crappy computer.
By misterflibble Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:39 am
I wouldn't think of it as a crappy computer. I've always thought of my MPC as a big-ass, music-optimized smartphone. :)

I'm curious to see if Akai can pull off disk streaming in the current revision. I would have to imagine that it would require a SATA SSD at the very least versus a spinning platter (which, now that I say it, makes me wonder if anybody is using a HDD inside their MPC at all). On a HDD the seek time would be a killer.

If Akai can't pull off disk streaming with SATA drives due to latency or whathaveyou, perhaps a future edition of the MPC with NVMe drives would work.
By Gribs Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:07 pm
The new firmware update with USB class compliant audio interface inter connectivity is cool but just pleads for being able to stream to and from disk. It seems silly that it is possible to record and send so many tracks of audio but not directly to and from a disk.
By kja Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:05 am
kaydigi wrote:
kja wrote:It is coming..be patient.. When the keyboards are ready then they will introduce disk streaming.

You know how long people have been told "to be patient"?

Not quite long enough?