MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SnaronStoned Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:00 pm
Hello,

New on the forum new on the MPC. I am currently testing my way around, sampling my vinyl, reading the MPC Bible, watching tutorials etc. Lot's of information to take in, sometimes I just wish to ask a quick question to be more efficient in my learning process. That brought me here.

Forums often have a newbie section, but I haven't see one here yet. Please don't shoot too hard at me if it is in the wrong section.

I have a rookie question regarding something I may have missed reading the manual to the MPC Live.

If anyone would have any recommendations on their workflow regarding building up their own sample library I would be grateful.

What's your preferred way to save a sample you have on a pad, as it is or the original truncated version, as a wav file that you can bring up in another project?

Cheers
By Elektrobolt Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:56 pm
SnaronStoned wrote:Hello,

New on the forum new on the MPC. I am currently testing my way around, sampling my vinyl, reading the MPC Bible, watching tutorials etc. Lot's of information to take in, sometimes I just wish to ask a quick question to be more efficient in my learning process. That brought me here.

Forums often have a newbie section, but I haven't see one here yet. Please don't shoot too hard at me if it is in the wrong section.

I have a rookie question regarding something I may have missed reading the manual to the MPC Live.

If anyone would have any recommendations on their workflow regarding building up their own sample library I would be grateful.

What's your preferred way to save a sample you have on a pad, as it is or the original truncated version, as a wav file that you can bring up in another project?

Cheers

In terms of sampling, I think the biggest lesson I have learned over the years, is to make it brand, model and format agnostic. Over the years, I've ended up "converting" a lot of things, so slowly I've made my "libraries" organized in some "folder" way, rather than thinking of their purpose. This may not be the case at-the-time, but over time...

I have nearly 1 TB of samples of my own concoction and most are not "long" samples. Lots of multi-sampled things, etc. But with lots of different devices over the years (still have many of them) there was a need to keep samples separate in order to convert projects from one set of devices to another set.

I've used many sample libraries and they all work, on their own, not together. So it turns out a bust when switching systems. Anyways, just my thoughts. :)