MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JayKeys Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 pm
So I was messing with the start and end points of two particular bars in a song I’m working on. I’m able to capture I really nice phrasing when I allow the beat to start with two beats and quickly change it to one in a loop. I’m not able to capture that if I just create a sequence though or through song mode. I hope someone understands what I’m trying to do. I can record out that piece but I want to be able to eventually export all my individual tracks at the end.
Bymember04959388 Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:10 pm
JayKeys wrote:So I was messing with the start and end points of two particular bars in a song I’m working on. I’m able to capture I really nice phrasing when I allow the beat to start with two beats and quickly change it to one in a loop. I’m not able to capture that if I just create a sequence though or through song mode. I hope someone understands what I’m trying to do. I can record out that piece but I want to be able to eventually export all my individual tracks at the end.

Very criptic.
I didn't understand anything
By CharlesRandolph Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:02 am
So you want to start on beat 3 and 4 of the previous bar, then switch to the one of the next sequence? Not sure if that is what your asking.

JayKeys wrote:So I was messing with the start and end points of two particular bars in a song I’m working on. I’m able to capture I really nice phrasing when I allow the beat to start with two beats and quickly change it to one in a loop. I’m not able to capture that if I just create a sequence though or through song mode. I hope someone understands what I’m trying to do. I can record out that piece but I want to be able to eventually export all my individual tracks at the end.
By Cockdiesel Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:47 am
Resample one of the beats to be triggered by pad, and create a new sequence, trigger that sample at the time you want and add it to the front of your song. You might need to play with some to cut off The sample at the right moment. Note on instead of one shot.
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:17 pm
In the Sequence Edit Tab, Just Copy, Paste, And Replace the Bars to your Liking Bruh
By TheDoctor Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:01 pm
I don't understand what problem people have to understand what you want do. You can have your 2 bar and select a different loop point, so it will play 2 bar and then it will loop to where your loop start point is. If you need to happen on bar 4, duplicate your sequence for 4 bar and loop the last one. If you constantly like to change this unfortunately you can't modulate that so the only solution will be make 2 sequence and in the next sequence or song mode you play one after another. Or another trick you can use us to set velocity to sample start and remove from the amp, step sequence the velocity where you want your loop to start. Like this you could have longer sequencer and loop where you want. If you like to do live you can only resample live the performance.
Apparently people can just chop sample on the MPC and they can't force their brain to understand a different workflow or way to use words, bunch of losers.
Last edited by TheDoctor on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:05 pm
TheDoctor wrote:I don't understand what problem people have to understand what you want do. You can have your 2 bar and select a different loop point, so it will play 2 bar and then it will loop to where your loop start point is. If you need to happen on bar 4, duplicate your sequence for 4 bar and loop the last one. If you constantly like to change this unfortunately you can't modulate that so the only solution will be make 2 sequence and in the next sequence or song mode you play one after another. Or another trick you can use us to set velocity to sample start and remove from the amp, step sequence the velocity where you want your loop to start. Like this you could have longer sequencer and loop where you want.
Apparently people can just chop sample on the MPC.

Apparently new users are messing up with a not easy workflow and have some strange way of explain that.
By TheDoctor Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 pm
Frisbi wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:I don't understand what problem people have to understand what you want do. You can have your 2 bar and select a different loop point, so it will play 2 bar and then it will loop to where your loop start point is. If you need to happen on bar 4, duplicate your sequence for 4 bar and loop the last one. If you constantly like to change this unfortunately you can't modulate that so the only solution will be make 2 sequence and in the next sequence or song mode you play one after another. Or another trick you can use us to set velocity to sample start and remove from the amp, step sequence the velocity where you want your loop to start. Like this you could have longer sequencer and loop where you want.
Apparently people can just chop sample on the MPC.

Apparently new users are messing up with a not easy workflow and have some strange way of explain that.

No easy workflow? Are you dumb? Honestly if you find this difficult I don't know what to say. Chop your sample dude! That's the only thing you can understand.
Now I understand why MPC users are left alone and Akai doesn't do quality update, the majority of their user won't even understand.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 pm
The doctor, Just go **** yourself with your snobish attitude and your problems dealing with people
By TheDoctor Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:12 pm
Frisbi wrote:The doctor, Just go **** yourself with your snobish attitude and your problems dealing with people

what problem dealing with people? The OP ask a question, everybody was "wtf are you talking about it?" I understood what he's looking to do and I give him an idea. Then you came and you said my workflow was difficult and explained poorly. Now you say I have problem with people.
Dude if your brain is limited don't blame others, you didn't even understand the OP question :lol:
For you it's just chop sample, note repeat and preset...that's fine! Somebody else do things differently. Why is too hard to understand? You're the classic MPC users and that's explain why Akai don't give us quality update, you're so stupid that you won't even understand.
Last edited by TheDoctor on Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bymember04959388 Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 pm
TheDoctor wrote:
Frisbi wrote:The doctor, Just go **** yourself with your snobish attitude and your problems dealing with people

what problem dealing with people? The OP ask a question, everybody was "wtf are you talking about it?" I understood what he's looking to do and I give him an idea. Then you came and you said my workflow was difficult and explained poorly. Now you say I have problem with people.
Dude if your brain is limited don't blame others.
For you it's just chop sample, note repeat and preset...that's fine! Somebody else do things differently.

I didn't say YOUR workflow is limited, I said Mpc workflow is not easy to start with.
Your name is Mpc?
Come on man you are aggressive and pretending to be a master, who the hell are you?
Calm down and accept that the OP request was not written so good and clear and he didn't reply anymore since 3 days.
Are you just fighting with yourself?
By TheDoctor Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:19 pm
Frisbi wrote:I didn't say YOUR workflow is limited, I said Mpc workflow is not easy to start with.
Your name is Mpc?
Come on man you are aggressive and pretending to be a master, who the hell are you?
Calm down and accept that the OP request was not written so good and clear and he didn't reply anymore since 3 days.
Are you just fighting with yourself?

I understood his question, you're stupid to don't understand that, simple.
You quote me when you say the workflow is not easy, I'm not in your mind.
Dude it's a forum we share ideas, if you think I act like a master maybe it's because you don't understand what I say. And that's the problem in this forum, people don't accept other workflow or approach.
It doesn't matter the OP doesn't reply since 3 days, we give answer so others can see and learn something.
I thought to quit this forum, you know what **** you! I will be here filling any post so you can get annoyed and of course you won't understand half of what I say. SAD!
If somebody is good he's not his fault if an ignorant get offended. Am I aggressive? so? I pretend? so? what's your point?