MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Black Gekko Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:24 pm
Hi guys,

does anyone of you have experience with using the Softube Console 1 in the MPC Software?
I think about buying it but I´m not sure if it will work in the MPC Software properly as MPC does not have your standard DAW mixer setup.... :hmmm:

I would like to try to do all my mixing in the MPC Software and the extra knobs from Console 1 could come in handy.

Thanks!
By TheDoctor Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 pm
With Console 1 you should place a vst in any channel you want, you select a channel and then when you open the plugin you can easily select the track. It's kind of motherducker where you place the vst to decide the bus so it should work.
I suggest to contact SoftTube and see what they say or buy from a place where you can return and try for yourself.
By TheDoctor Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:07 am
Black Gekko wrote:Thanks for the reply - yes I assume it would work like you described.

Unfortunately don’t have testing store nearby.

Is it even realistic to mix the complete track (no vocals) inside of the MPC SoftwareE?

A lot of online shop offer 14ish days where you can return the product and get a refund if you want.
It really depends how you mix but you can definitely mix with the MPC software especially if you use a nice controller-plugin combo like Console 1,the EQ are a bit limited(only the 2 mid band has a Q factor) for somebody but they sounds really good.
If you don't have a huge amount of tracks and crazy routing for busmixes your set up will work great. I'm actually looking to get the Console 1, it's compact but it can give you an hands on workflow like a real console,the meters are a nice touch.
If you're looking for a better DAW, I suggest you Reaper, low cpu, it has features a lot of DAW lack, it's high customisable(you could make it look like another thing), it's super cheap and well supported. Generally with Reaper, bugs get fixed almost instantly, sometimes it happens in few days.
By Black Gekko Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Thx - I pulled the trigger and will be getting it tomorrow evening. I´ll update you once I have a experience using it in the MPC Software.

I use Ableton every now and then, but I would really to dedicate to one software and thats ideally MPC. I really hope they further advance the software.
By Black Gekko Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm
First 1 hour playing around with it - it works good enough with MPC software to be a real enhancement to the work flow! :)

You can set a Console 1 on every Pad / Channel that you want and give it a name. The Console 1 window will then let you switch between the instances and make adjustments to the sound without the MPC being in the specific window.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:49 pm
It's a good first pass, perhaps some panning of your instruments, particularly the strings, because drums are being swallowed up by the bass. Also it would help carve out space and get rid of the mud in the middle, just encase you wanted to add a Vocalist.

This would give your compositions more dynamics and excitement.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Black Gekko Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:52 pm
Bezo wrote:BG, the only problem you may have mixing in the software is the lack of plugin delay compensation.

Agree, but in this case I covered it using mainly UAD plugins (which run on their own DSP) and the Console1 native plugins are really light. So I had no issues with PDC.
By Black Gekko Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:53 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:It's a good first pass, perhaps some panning of your instruments, because drums are being swallowed up by the bass. Also it would help carve out space, just encase you wanted to add a Vocalist. The vocals drops you have are competing for space.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind! :)