MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By glendaleavenue Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:44 am
Hey, anyone else having problems getting a hold of one of these units? I ordered one in Canada, and was told April before I get my unit! I wonder if this is the norm, or if I'm an outlier?
By mr_debauch Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:25 am
i heard june from moog audio in toronto (ordered online to be delivered, not bought in person) and they are saying something about the corona virus delaying the next batch of units.
By BeatWilson Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:50 pm
I currently work with shipping and receiving at a different store for different products but they say the same about shipments coming in from Asia. It is what it is....
By Monotremata Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Were having the same problems at work getting our own products and parts from China heh. We've had people waiting for orders since before the Chinese New Year started, and now that its over, alot of them were given extra holiday time off because of the virus.
By morph860 Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:33 pm
Not sure if they have Guitar Center in Canada, but they have had them in stock for a while.
By hellnegative Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 pm
I thought the MPC One release units shipped prior to the port shutdowns? Unless local customs is holding the shipments, retailers should have them in stock just waiting on release date.
By NearTao Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:14 pm
It's not just ports... folks in China are being asked to work from home... and not really allowed to travel between cities... my team does software so this isn't much of a problem... but I am sure manufacturing plants are getting hit hard.
By Neurone Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:19 pm
glendaleavenue wrote:Hey, anyone else having problems getting a hold of one of these units? I ordered one in Canada, and was told April before I get my unit! I wonder if this is the norm, or if I'm an outlier?

I'm seeing US customers all over youtube receiving their orders, just not here. Bummed.
By Monotremata Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:43 pm
Neurone wrote:
glendaleavenue wrote:Hey, anyone else having problems getting a hold of one of these units? I ordered one in Canada, and was told April before I get my unit! I wonder if this is the norm, or if I'm an outlier?

I'm seeing US customers all over youtube receiving their orders, just not here. Bummed.

I was asking someone about this over at the DOA forums the other day. He mentioned nobody having it and I asked if he happened to be in the UK.. He said nope, he was in the US and Sweetwater has pushed them back, and when he called Guitar Center, he was told they had "1" so it sounded kinda shady.. Maybe they only got a small batch over here in time and they flew off the shelves already?

We've finally started seeing containers show up at work but its still random as to which one shows up on whatever day. We have to keep telling people literally "its on its way but it will get here whenever it finally gets here we have no control". Had people waiting for specific parts for service calls for almost 3 months now and they're getting PISSED.
By morph860 Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 pm
My local Guitar Center didn’t have any, but they have had them in stock online for a while now.
By Neurone Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:58 pm
Dawsons in the UK have changed their expected date to 03/03/2020.
I've ordered so let's see.
I'm beginning to regret getting rid of my 1000 & my 5000.

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/akai-mpc-one-music-production-controller
By Cockdiesel Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 pm
Whatever you do when you open the one make sure to get some disinfectant that won’t stain the finish. There was a camera left on the moon for years and when they retrieved it they found the flu virus living and growing on it really slowly from a sneeze before it left earth. So if a virus can live in outer space I’m sure a few weeks in a box is no problem. No to make people paranoid or anything but it would suck to catch something from your new gear. I really don’t think it’s an issue but I thought I would throw that out there.
By mr_debauch Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:34 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Whatever you do when you open the one make sure to get some disinfectant that won’t stain the finish. There was a camera left on the moon for years and when they retrieved it they found the flu virus living and growing on it really slowly from a sneeze before it left earth. So if a virus can live in outer space I’m sure a few weeks in a box is no problem. No to make people paranoid or anything but it would suck to catch something from your new gear. I really don’t think it’s an issue but I thought I would throw that out there.

and they say an aids needle is fine after a half hour or so :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: we are being lied to